The undermining of our Christian heritage.....
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The undermining of our Christian heritage.....

mojo Guest

The undermining of our Christian heritage.....

where will it end. I'm guessing that our military is now *afraid* of a muslim backlash!! How sad.

… By DAN ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Dan Elliott, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 56 mins ago
    DENVER – The Army is considering whether to rescind an invitation to evangelist Franklin Graham to appear at the Pentagon amid complaints about his description of Islam as evil, a military spokesman said Wednesday.

Graham, the son of famed evangelist Billy Graham, was to appear at the Pentagon on May 6 on what is the National Day of Prayer. He said he will be a guest of the Pentagon and will speak only if he's still invited.

Army Col. Tom Collins said withdrawing the invitation "is on the table," but no decision has been made. He said Army brass will have the ultimate decision on whether to pull the invite.

The Military Religious Freedom Foundation raised the objection to the appearance, citing Graham's past remarks about Islam.

Mikey Weinstein, president of the foundation, said the invitation offended Muslim employees at the Pentagon. He said it would endanger American troops by stirring up Muslim extremists.

Collins said the invitation wasn't from the Pentagon but from the Colorado-based National Day of Prayer Task Force, which works with the Pentagon chaplain's office on the prayer event.

Collins said neither Army Secretary John McHugh nor Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey Jr. was aware of the invitation.

The task force organizes Christian events for the National Day of Prayer. A spokesman said the group planned to comment on the controversy later Wednesday.

Weinstein objected to the working relationship between the Pentagon chaplain's office and the task force, saying the chaplains have effectively endorsed the task force by using its materials and routinely inviting its honorary chairman to speak at the Pentagon.

Weinstein said that amounts to preferential treatment in violation of Defense Department rules.

Collins said the working relationship has been reviewed by Pentagon lawyers and passed legal scrutiny.

"We are an all-inclusive military. We hold observances throughout the year. This one happens to be a Christian-themed event," Collins said.

Graham is president and CEO of both Samaritan's Purse, a Christian international relief organization in Boone, N.C., and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in Charlotte.

After the 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Graham said Islam "is a very evil and wicked religion." In a later op-ed piece in The Wall Street Journal, Graham wrote that he did not believe Muslims were evil because of their faith, but "as a minister .... I believe it is my responsibility to speak out against the terrible deeds that are committed as a result of Islamic teaching."

It is not the military, it is the wussie Ft. Hood generals who care more about their stars and retirement. If, come Nov, there is a crisis that either delays or voids our election, these same generals will make sure the dictatorship takes hold, now that elections have been voided or halted. Just study history and specifically 1930 germany and you will not laugh at this possibility--you will get concerned. There were many in germany who did not believe anything like what happened could happen. Then again we did not think planes could level the World Trade Center or dent the Pentagon. He is not my president, he is a moslem, he is a communist and he is selling this country down the drain--he is my enemy and I will not be a sheep like my relatives in germany.

It's a sad state of affairs when the Constitutionalist citizens of our nation have more backbone than our military! Don't know about anybody else, but the stink from ALL of the "touchy-feely, politically correct" garbage really makes me sick.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

5. It is not so much the military but MUCH of the political embrace the country has accepted, by overwelming vote.
    Dont blame the military for a POLITICAL issue. CASE1: During funeral honors you do not here the TROOPS complaining about the type of prayer, it is the HONOR for the lost. CASE 2: You do see in political areas throwing up a flag to avoid offending those few and not of this country. DUTY-HONOR-COUNTRY!!!!

wolfhunter Guest
    I once read an article that discussed several points that were hurting the US military at that time. One of those points was the number of serving officers working on their MBA rather than majoring in Military History or similar. I believe this trend has continued and is a factor in the lack of vertebrae in our commissioned officer corps.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEAR-99 View Post
    It is not so much the military but MUCH of the political embrace the country has accepted, by overwelming vote.
    Dont blame the military for a POLITICAL issue. CASE1: During funeral honors you do not here the TROOPS complaining about the type of prayer, it is the HONOR for the lost. CASE 2: You do see in political areas throwing up a flag to avoid offending those few and not of this country. DUTY-HONOR-COUNTRY!!!!
    In no way did I mean to cast our brave military members in a negative light. I should have picked my wording more carefully and I apologize if I offended anyone. In this particular case, I was referring to the Pentagon "brass", who ARE, whether they admit it or not, part of the political arena.

My father, my husband and my oldest son all served in the military. My father during WWII, my husband during Viet Nam and my son during Operation Desert Storm. I have great respect and admiration for the members of our military (and their families). As a former military wife, I know the sacrifices our military families and our soldiers make to keep our nation free.

Again, I apologize to anyone who was offended by my careless choice of words.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

what a crock of garbage, if we offend them. why cant thay leave our country.i am so tired of reading everything & anything that has to do with patriotism offends some other culture.what about our culture.we should be proud to be citizens of this great country

9. Quote Originally Posted by ALUCARD View Post
    what a crock of garbage, if we offend them. why cant thay leave our country.i am so tired of reading everything & anything that has to do with patriotism offends some other culture.what about our culture.we should be proud to be citizens of this great country
    Our culture seems to be something that gets put aside for other cultures. I don't know if this is because we are considred the melting pot? I do know one thing. If you go to another country and tell them that things in their culture are offensive to you, they will tell you to just leave then. You can bet that pepole in other countries will not put their beliefs aside becuase it offended someone.

The US culture in which I grew up no longer exists (I'm 65). We have a culture of apology for being who we are, and thin skins. So when people (other than Christians) state that they are offended, we apologize and bend over backwards to appease them. You can find footwashing stations in airports, schools, and hospitals, but they're closing chapels.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

11. As a military member I have gotta say... religion is pretty well tolerated in the military. Ive been able to openly discuss Jesus and my faith and love for him without any reprisal thus far. Im sure there are some "limp dicks" out there who would choose to punish a soldier for being a christian but those are the people we need to pray for.

It annoys me when people think that there is some way that they can question christianity... GOD IS. Jesus IS. Its really that simple. There is nothing to question, nothing to argue with, no other explaination. Those who believe they can... well... are just idiotic.

I expect that someone will object to this post and try to challenge my faith because that is what the misled and misinformed do when they know that God is not able to be challenged.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast