My Experience at the SAM 4-19-10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Experience at the SAM 4-19-10

1. Thumbs up My Experience at the SAM 4-19-10

The Second Amendment March in D.C. 4-19-10 was great. We had between 2,500 and 3,000 folks there. The speakers were fantastic, and a number of them have personally been victims of armed attacks, which led them to support the Second Amendment.

There was another rally the same day across the Potomac in Arlington, VA. It supposedly had several hundred folks there and was NOT legit... one of the speakers has previously blogged asking folks to throw bricks through their elected representatives' office windows after the health care vote. I had nothing to do with this one, although at least they were able to open carry.

A group of us met with the NRA at their headquarters in Fairfax, VA the next day to urge them to really get behind this next year and help us advertise this. I don't blame them for being stand-offish this year. After all, they did not know who we were and would not have wanted to lend their name to any event with crazy people. You know how the media would have torn them up for that.

This is going to be an annual event, and I plan to go each year.

Check out the links below. You can see a Christian flag front and cente in one picture at one of the links, beside a Gadsen "Don't Tread On Me" flag. That was me and my buddy from Gideons, Tim.

TFO

Right Now - Taking the oath, and other Second Amendment March scenes

Activists Take Part In Second Amendment March In Washington - Pictures - Zimbio
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    The Second Amendment March in D.C. 4-19-10 was great. We had between 2,500 and 3,000 folks there. The speakers were fantastic, and a number of them have personally been victims of armed attacks, which led them to support the Second Amendment.

There was another rally the same day across the Potomac in Arlington, VA. It supposedly had several hundred folks there and was NOT legit... one of the speakers has previously blogged asking folks to throw bricks through their elected representatives' office windows after the health care vote. I had nothing to do with this one, although at least they were able to open carry.

A group of us met with the NRA at their headquarters in Fairfax, VA the next day to urge them to really get behind this next year and help us advertise this. I don't blame them for being stand-offish this year. After all, they did not know who we were and would not have wanted to lend their name to any event with crazy people. You know how the media would have torn them up for that.

Check out the links below. You can see a Christian flag front and cente in one picture at one of the links, beside a Gadsen "Don't Tread On Me" flag. That was me and my buddy from Gideons, Tim.

TFO

TFO, Glad to hear from you... I am really sorry to have missed you...
    We were standing in front of the John Birch banner..
    Semper Fi

wolfhunter Guest
    ????
    The Zimbio link keeps saying the speakers addressed "about 500 pro-gun demonstrators". What the heck were the other 1500 people?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post

TFO

Thanks, TFO. Glad you were able to experience the SAM...and those of us who couldn't really appreciate the first-hand report and the photo links.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Arrow Dude, that was me calling you!

Sorry to have missed you, TFO. I called you several times the day before, as well as the day of. It always went directly to voice mail. My number was the one with 203 area code.

Maybe next year, eh?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    ????
    The Zimbio link keeps saying the speakers addressed "about 500 pro-gun demonstrators". What the heck were the other 1500 people?
    We were lining up single file to hide our numbers................
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    We were lining up single file to hide our numbers................
    That's hilarious, ricbak. You guys just didn't want to look too intimidating to the anti-gun crowd. How thoughtful of you.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Sorry to have missed you, TFO. I called you several times the day before, as well as the day of. It always went directly to voice mail. My number was the one with 203 area code.

Maybe next year, eh?
    Dang! My reception was terrible up there., I got part of your message, then the rest cut off, and no more messages came in. I'm sorry to have missed you.

TFO

10. Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    That's hilarious, ricbak. You guys just didn't want to look too intimidating to the anti-gun crowd. How thoughtful of you.
    Just like the Tuscan Raiders on their Bantha in Star Wars!

Speaking of which... We should all go to the NRA Headquarters and National Firearms Museum next year! It's in Fairfax, VA and it awesome. They even have Luke Skywalker's and Obi Wan Kenobi's lightsabers!!!! Even teo stormtrooper guns!!!

TFO

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    ????
    The same way TV cameras can make you look bigger or smaller.. The power of the media in action...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast