DC Knows that Obama is Ineligible for Office - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Knows that Obama is Ineligible for Office

1. See, Doc that's exactly what I thought about Bush. They did a lot of shady things that in the end turned out not to matter. And 4 years ago I could have written the exact same post that you just did with Bush/Chaney subbed in for Obama.
    I'm not saying I was 100% wrong about Bush. I'm saying that one of things I could have sworn was a conspiracy turned out not to be. If you had told me in 2003 that the reason Halliburton and by extension Kellogg, Brown and Root got the contract to feed American troops overseas I would have sworn up and down and bet my life it was because Cheney was an ex-Halliburton executive. Well I went to Iraq a few years later and it turns out that KBR makes some great food for the Soldiers. Maybe he knew better than any who could get the job done. You couldn't have told me that. No website could have proven it to me. No article written would be good enough proof. The same line of thinking extends to Obama. He's not a thug who wants to destroy America so he can stand astride her ashes with his arms akimbo and laugh as he looks towards the sky. He just believes in a different way of governing then you do. And that's ok. When it's your turn again you guys can go back and make all the changes you want. It's just now our turn to run the country the best way we see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisJohn View Post
    None of the crazy scenarios that Glenn Beck thinks up are going to come to fruition. .
    Which of the crazy scenarios do you refer to?
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

But don't you see, GenghisJohn, you are RIGHT!

I've been where you guys are. I couldn't stand Bush. I thought the war in Iraq was just a grab for money by **** Cheney's friends. The message boards I would go to were full of the exact same article links and posts (just to the left not the right). Anything that came from the other side was dismissed and everything was some giant conspiracy. It eventually got old. I went to Iraq and ate KBR food and was pretty happy. One of my conspiracy theories was proven wrong. I'm sure in time some of the crazy stuff you guys believe will be proven wrong and everything else will fade in to the background.
    GJ, you were absolutely correct about Bush. He was a horrible president who presided over one of the biggest governmental power grabs in history. He was a liar who stole freedom and pride from the nation. The poorly termed Patriot Act, is not the first, or even the worst, of his crimes against this country. By supporting torture, he willingly gave away any edge of morality that we might have previously enjoyed. We used to be the "white hat" guys. The dirty commies and rotten Nazis were the ones who tortured people. George W. Bush was the worst president in living memory.

And then Barack Obama came.

Obama has made a simple little neocon like "W" look like the world's rankest amateur. Obama is showing "W" 'how it is done'.

So actually, it IS kind of a big deal, and it IS the end of the world, or at least the end of the country as most of us know and love it. You need to realize the Bush and Obama are part of a giant "one, two" punch of big government takeover of our lives.

You were right to rail against the machine during the Bush era. Understand that that machine has gotten much larger, and is publicly baring its fangs.

Get back in the fight, GenghisJohn. We need you.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

5. Sorry, but in most aspects I am a fan of big government. Both my parents were government workers and they provided a great life for my growing up. I never had to worry about them losing their jobs during the recession in the early 90's I spent 5 years in the Army and I learned how good working for the government could be. I plan to go back to working for the government and finish out my 20 to get a pension. I like having roads to drive on and stop lights that work. The financial crisis taught me that sometimes unfettered capitalism is a bad thing. Some people need to have somebody making sure that they do the right thing because not all Americans have integrity. I believe that you measure how a good a government is by what it does for the least of its citizens. Going to the VA makes me sick. I hate to see the way the vets who came before me were treated. And I'm glad that finally it's starting to turn around. But that doesn't happen without a government. I don't think a government is only supposed to protect it's people from outside invaders. It's supposed to protect it's people from all that want to see harm done to the citizens. Islamic extremists, greedy investors, fire, criminals, and I even think disease and illness are all things that a modern, capable democracy should protect the citizens from.

and I even think disease and illness are all things that a modern, capable democracy should protect the citizens from.
    Our Founders did NOT intend for the United States to be a "democracy". They created a Constitutional Republic...a very different form of government than a democracy.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

7. So you ignore the rest of my post?

wolfhunter Guest
    GJ, Let's summarize your post. You had Mommy to take care of you growing up and now you still need a Nanny to give you an allowance and provide for you, and you justify this by expecting your Nanny to take care of the rest of us? Is that what your telling us?

BTW, You've joined a firearms site, but in the time you've been here, THIS thread is the only one you deign to comment on?

Sorry, but in most aspects I am a fan of big government. Both my parents were government workers and they provided a great life for my growing up. I never had to worry about them losing their jobs during the recession in the early 90's I spent 5 years in the Army and I learned how good working for the government could be. I plan to go back to working for the government and finish out my 20 to get a pension. I like having roads to drive on and stop lights that work. The financial crisis taught me that sometimes unfettered capitalism is a bad thing. Some people need to have somebody making sure that they do the right thing because not all Americans have integrity. I believe that you measure how a good a government is by what it does for the least of its citizens. Going to the VA makes me sick. I hate to see the way the vets who came before me were treated. And I'm glad that finally it's starting to turn around. But that doesn't happen without a government. I don't think a government is only supposed to protect it's people from outside invaders. It's supposed to protect it's people from all that want to see harm done to the citizens. Islamic extremists, greedy investors, fire, criminals, and I even think disease and illness are all things that a modern, capable democracy should protect the citizens from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom
    Our Founders did NOT intend for the United States to be a "democracy". They created a Constitutional Republic...a very different form of government than a democracy.
    Is that better?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

10. A bit of a reductionist aren't you. Most people's mommies take care of them growing. What do you think the government's role is? Is it to build and maintain roads? Is it to provide for defense from other nation-states. Is it to provide you with emergency medical care? I have no idea what limited government people believe that a limited government is supposed to do? Which services are cut? Who makes the decision? Who draws the line between big government and small government? The founders? They had very divergent ideas as to scope of federal power. Which founder do you want to use? These are really complicated questions that I haven't heard one intelligent answer on. But rather than engaging in an open discussion Conservative Mom tosses up a glib response. That's why we don't get any where.

I joined a firearms site because I love to go shooting and I thought most of the info put out here would relate to firearms and shooting. It unfortunately does not. I posted on this one because I couldn't stand it anymore. I go to any gun related link that's put out, but most of the links that show up here have nothing to do with guns.
    When were you in the Marines?

That's cute little trick Mom. But why don't you talk about the things I said.

wolfhunter Guest
    I believe it is my responsibility to provide for my own needs. By having a family, I took on the responsibility of providing for their needs. I believe the best size for a government is the MINIMUM size needed to accomplish the tasks that can not be accomplished at a lower level. The Federal government should only be empowered to act as an arbitrator between the States, and as a representative body between the combined States and foreign governments.

I'm still amazed that you couldn't find a single gun-related thread to comment about out of this whole site.

I was active duty from 1979 -1986. Why?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast