DC Knows that Obama is Ineligible for Office - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: DC Knows that Obama is Ineligible for Office

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    733

    Question Who's the boss?

    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisJohn View Post
    Sorry, but in most aspects I am a fan of big government. Both my parents were government workers and they provided a great life for my growing up. I never had to worry about them losing their jobs during the recession in the early 90's I spent 5 years in the Army and I learned how good working for the government could be. I plan to go back to working for the government and finish out my 20 to get a pension. I like having roads to drive on and stop lights that work. The financial crisis taught me that sometimes unfettered capitalism is a bad thing. Some people need to have somebody making sure that they do the right thing because not all Americans have integrity. I believe that you measure how a good a government is by what it does for the least of its citizens. Going to the VA makes me sick. I hate to see the way the vets who came before me were treated. And I'm glad that finally it's starting to turn around. But that doesn't happen without a government. I don't think a government is only supposed to protect it's people from outside invaders. It's supposed to protect it's people from all that want to see harm done to the citizens. Islamic extremists, greedy investors, fire, criminals, and I even think disease and illness are all things that a modern, capable democracy should protect the citizens from.
    Therein lies the weakness of your argument, GenghisJohn. Exactly WHO would you have decide the "right thing"? Be careful because, with this decision, you are agreeing to submit yourself to someone else's idea of good and proper. In fact, how about if we put YOU in charge of what is right and what is wrong? Sounds pretty good, right? That means that you decide what people should be allowed to watch, to hear, to say, to do. When you have a choice of which, if any, religions are allowed, encouraged, or forbidden. At what saturation point do we reject a particular belief because it is simply too dangerous? I believe that every American should have the right to arms, and to self defense. Do you agree with me? If not, are you prepared to explain to the family of the poor 21 year old college student who was kidnapped, gang-raped, and murdered that she did not have a right to lethal self-defense? After all, you are "the decider".

    Instead, how about letting ME do the deciding? After all, I think that everyone should believe the way that I do. Disagree? Well, I can't have that. Maybe I will come up with some kind of resort, or maybe a retreat, where you can be educated concerning the error of your ways.

    Seriously, why should ANY human being be able to compel another to do, say, or give anything? For me, as long as their exercise of personal liberty does not unduly infringe on the personal liberty of another, they should be free to do as they will.

    Any other way is the usurpation of liberty, and is basically a "might makes right" mode of control. It is wrong when the street gangs control neighborhoods that way, and it is equally wrong when the gangster government does the same.

    As for Americans with integrity, I believe the largest concentration of integrity challenged individuals are located in government service, with a particularly high concentration in the D.C. area.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  2.   
  3. That's clear and concise and no one I've heard from that side of the aisle has said anything like that. It's all end of the world doom and gloom or Obama's gonna put anyone who disagrees with him in a gulag. I just happen to think differently is all. And now the people in power do too.

    I have lots of opinions about guns I just find that most of them are personal preference. I won't join a 9mm or .45 debate because I ultimately think they're not that important. Like chocolate or vanilla. I don't carry so I don't have any opinions on holsters. I do support everyone's right to carry though and that's why I joined the site and get the updates.

    Just curious. Lots of my family members are Marines or were at one point or another. But none of the dates overlap. You never know.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Time to bust out the.......




    I thought "jwtollett21" was bad. This guy is looking to be a lot worse!



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  5. #34
    The Government's role is laid out in the Constitution. I highly recommend you give it a once over...after all you did swear to defend it.
    You Sir, are the trouble with this country. You don't even recognize that we live in a Republic. You want to get in your "20" and then stay on the dole with a pension, while the rest of us work until our knuckles are bare so that you can sip margaritas when you are 45. Trust me when I say this...the time for pensions is almost over. We have no money to support it. The pension systems are massively under funded. And the taxpayers are very close to reigning in the foolhardy government programs and rediculous levels of spending, both locally and nationally.
    The crushing economic situation was provided to you by...Fanny and Freddy. They were forced by the democrats in charge to loosen lending regulations so that people who could not afford to buy houses were allowed to do so. These poeple soon defaulted and the snowball started down the hill.
    This is your government at work:
    The Post Office - Fail!
    Amtrack - Fail!
    Fanny Mae - Fail!
    Freddy Mac - Fail!
    Public Schools - Fail!
    DOE - Fail!
    EPA - Fail!
    DEA - Fail!
    ICE - Fail!
    And on and on and on...Fail!

  6. #35
    wolfhunter Guest
    "Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." - Ayn Rand

    This is the reason, in a nutshell, why I'm against big government at any level, and the reason the writers of our Constitution included the Second Amendment.

  7. #36
    wolfhunter Guest
    Another thought for you:
    "Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual). " - Ayn Rand

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,509
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisJohn View Post
    So you ignore the rest of my post?

    You ignored my post.
    You said that, "None of the crazy scenarios that Glenn Beck thinks up are going to come to fruition". My question to you was..."Which of the crazy scenarios do you refer to?
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisJohn View Post
    See, Doc that's exactly what I thought about Bush. They did a lot of shady things that in the end turned out not to matter.
    Oh, but they do matter. Every bit of expansion of the government, no matter how seemingly insignificant, is a stepping stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisJohn View Post
    Both my parents were government workers and they provided a great life for my growing up. I never had to worry about them losing their jobs during the recession in the early 90's
    And you don't see anything wrong with that? No matter how bad the private sector is hurting, (largely at the hands of government regulation, I might add) the public sector is alive and thriving, with not even a thought of tightening it's own belt.
    I like having roads to drive on and stop lights that work.
    As authorized by the U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 8
    The financial crisis taught me that sometimes unfettered capitalism is a bad thing. Some people need to have somebody making sure that they do the right thing because not all Americans have integrity.
    I challenge you to show me one example of unfettered capitalism. And IF you find one, please show me how it has failed to self regulate. The truth of the matter is that when capitalism is truly unfettered, it naturally regulates itself. Shady business practices result in loss of customers. Loss of customers results in going out of business. (Unless of course you are "too big to fail". Then here comes big government again.)
    I believe that you measure how a good a government is by what it does for the least of its citizens.
    I would rate our government by how well it remains within the confines of the Constitution. Right now it is failing miserably.
    Going to the VA makes me sick. I hate to see the way the vets who came before me were treated.
    If you think that is bad, wait until we are all forced into that type of system.
    And I'm glad that finally it's starting to turn around. But that doesn't happen without a government.
    I'm not sure what is turning around, but I will point out that it would not have ever been so bad to begin with if it were not a government run institution.
    I don't think a government is only supposed to protect it's people from outside invaders. It's supposed to protect it's people from all that want to see harm done to the citizens. Islamic extremists, greedy investors, fire, criminals, and I even think disease and illness are all things that a modern, capable democracy should protect the citizens from.
    The problem here is that you believe that the government is even capable of protecting us from such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisJohn View Post
    A bit of a reductionist aren't you. Most people's mommies take care of them growing. What do you think the government's role is? Is it to build and maintain roads? Is it to provide for defense from other nation-states. Is it to provide you with emergency medical care? I have no idea what limited government people believe that a limited government is supposed to do? Which services are cut? Who makes the decision? Who draws the line between big government and small government? The founders? They had very divergent ideas as to scope of federal power. Which founder do you want to use? These are really complicated questions that I haven't heard one intelligent answer on. But rather than engaging in an open discussion Conservative Mom tosses up a glib response. That's why we don't get any where.
    The U.S. Constitution is actually quite clear as to the role of the federal government. We do not really need to decide where the line is drawn. It has been drawn some 230 years ago by a bunch of folks who were wise enough to learn from history, as well as lived through a tyrannical period of their own. I am sorry that being a child borne of a couple of baby boomers, you were shielded from the history of failed governments. Perhaps this might serve as a crash course. It is non specific, but very straight forward and to the point. The Cycle of Democracy I would ask you, where in that cycle would you place us?
    I joined a firearms site because I love to go shooting and I thought most of the info put out here would relate to firearms and shooting. It unfortunately does not. I posted on this one because I couldn't stand it anymore. I go to any gun related link that's put out, but most of the links that show up here have nothing to do with guns.
    You do realize, do you not, that this is posted in the "2nd Amendment and Politics" forum? That includes all politics. And rightfully so, because it is all inter-related. If all we discuss is guns and pay no attention to anything else in the political realm, we would be setting ourselves up for a massive blindside. Big government is big government. If it is allowed to grow in any one area, the rest will eventually grow with it. Likewise, no one here only cares to protect just one of their God-given rights. I like all of my rights, and so I wish to protect them all.

    But hey, if you truly would like firearms related info, please do ask. Or you can try the search function, as it is likely that your question has already been asked.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  10. #39
    mojo Guest
    +1 utimmer43.......on all points!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #40
    +1 utimmer. Like mojo, I agree on EVERY point you made. You can be on my debate team anytime!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Supreme court case pending???
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 08:03 PM
  2. E-mail I received concerning Orly Taitz
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
  3. Is Obama A Racist?
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 01:51 PM
  4. Wikipedia says Obama born in Kenya
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 12:17 AM
  5. Donít Believe Obama!
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 03:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast