me and my buddy tim at the SAM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: me and my buddy tim at the SAM

1. me and my buddy tim at the SAM

HELP!! how do you post pictures from a digital camera?? i have TONS to share with you guys!

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

3. I took TONS of pictures all day long at the SAM, all around D.C., AND at the National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, VA.

if someone can just help me figure out how to transfer digital pictures I loaded onto my computer onto this website, I'll share them with the rest of the group.

Thanks, TFO

I"m waiting to learn how to do this, too, TFO. Hopefully, someone'll respond. If not soon, we'll have to contact 6ShooterCarry or Ricbak.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

You need to get an account at PhotoBucket or some free hosting site. Upload your pics then copy and past the [img] url into your post. That's all there is to it!

Also look in the FAQ's http://www.usacarry.com/forums/faq.p...b3_attachments

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

TFO, I think RH is correct, Photo Bucket is the easiest. Up loading them to Photo Bucket is pretty simple.

Also check the Second Amendment site... They are looking for Pictures and video for their site.
    Semper Fi

Photo bucket is not needed.

On your main profile page you have the ability to add pictures in Albums.

Pics are good. Take the digital pics and get them on your computer.
    From there do the following.

1. On your main page there is a function for photo albums. Click on the link show all albums.
    2. Click on Add an Album.
    3. Choose a title and enter it, click on private or public then click on submit.
    4. Click on the album name and Then click on Upload Pictures.
    5. The Upload page will have 5 places to add pictures from your PC to upload to the site.
    6. Click on the Browse button and in the window that opens, choose the folder or directory in your computer where the pictures are stored.
    7. Click on the picture that you wish to add and make sure the file name is in the file name dialog box, click open.
    8. The window that opened in step 6 will close and the file path will be in the box next to the Browse button.
    9. Repeat step 5 and use the next open space and start from step 6.
    10. Once all the spaces are filled or you have chosen all the pictures you wish to upload, click on the blue box Upload Pictures. Be patient and wait for the upload to finish...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

wolfhunter Guest
    6SC has it right. That's what I did with my pics. Take advantage of ALL the cool toys Luke has given us.

6SC, Is there a photo size restriction on using the Album feature of your profile? I have used both upload functions and do not have a preference. Altho, You did a good job explaining how to...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    6SC, Is there a photo size restriction on using the Album feature of your profile? I have used both upload functions and do not have a preference. Altho, You did a good job explaining how to...
    Maximum File Size per Picture 1.43 MB
    Maximum Picture Dimensions 1,200 by 12,000 Pixels
    Pictures will be automatically resized to fit within these constraints if possible. However, you may receive better results by doing it manually.
    From the upload function page in the album section is where this comes from.

Now if you would like to add a picture to the post like this after you have added them to the album.

Here are the steps.

1. Go to your Album that contains the picture you wish to add.
    2. Open the picture by left clicking on it.
    3. Right click on the open picture and choose the option from the right click menu "copy image location".
    Note: I choose to do this procedure with a second window open (I use Mozilla Firefox web browser with 2 tabs on USACarry).
    4. In the reply to thread dialog box choose the icon at the top menu that looks like a yellow square with a picture of a mountain with the sun above it.
    5. In the dialog box titled "please enter the URL of your image" that opens clear all the text in the box then right click and choose paste. It will paste the URL information that you copied in step3.
    6. click OK and note in the reply to thread dialog box the URL with some HTML tags will be there.

Continue to enter any text needed and when done choose submit reply or preview post.
    Make sure the picture is in the post. If so you have completed USACarry picture addition 101.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

11. Dang! The camera I used has too high a resolution, and none of them would upload. I am not good with computers and do not have time to try to figure out how to manually down-size the files so they will upload.

Sorry, TFO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast