Clark County, Nevada Sheriff Doug Gillespie - YOUR FIRED!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clark County, Nevada Sheriff Doug Gillespie - YOUR FIRED!

Clark County, Nevada Sheriff Doug Gillespie - YOU'RE FIRED!

LAS VEGAS - A town hall meeting intended to cover the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's budget instead produced a verbal sparring match over gun registration.
    Metro Police Sheriff Doug Gillespie planned to discuss the economic challenges facing his department. But, Gillespie spent a significant amount of time defending Clark County's gun registration system.
    The blue card registration system requires people to register their guns in Nevada. Sheriff Gillespie says the system helps the department solve crimes, including a murder case. "If it hadn't been for that (system), this crime would not have been solved," Sheriff Gillespie said. "In my opinion, it is justified, and it is useful."
    But, some of the people who attended Thursday night's meeting have doubts. "How many crimes are solved every year because of that," one person asked.
    Others believe the system is a bureaucratic nightmare. "I don't see the need for the blue cards, and I wish they'd get rid of them," said Friends of NRA Las Vegas Chairman Art Dixon. "It profiles me as owning a gun and profiles me for confiscation, where other people don't come under that," gun owner Charles Musser said. "I think those (police officers) should be on the streets protecting people. They're not protecting anyone with those blue cards. They are only investigating crime after it happens."
    The sheriff says officers in that department do more than register guns. He says he does not plan to eliminate it. "I made my position pretty clear. I think our gun registration law is good. Our detectives and officers support it," he said.

Metro Sheriff and Gun Owners Spar Over Gun Registration - Las Vegas Now

NRS 244.364 Limited authority to regulate firearms; restrictions concerning registration of certain firearms in county whose population is 400,000 or more.

1. Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers. As used in this subsection, "firearm" means any weapon from which a projectile is discharged by means of an explosive, spring, gas, air or other force.
    2. A board of county commissioners may proscribe by ordinance or regulation the unsafe discharge of firearms.
    3. If a board of county commissioners in a county whose population is 400,000 or more has required by ordinance or regulation adopted before June 13, 1989, the registration of a firearm capable of being concealed, the board of county commissioners shall amend such an ordinance or regulation to require:
      1. A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.
      2. A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol by a resident of the county upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer.

4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 1, as used in this section:
      1. "Firearm" means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
      2. "Firearm capable of being concealed" includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
      3. "Pistol" means a firearm capable of being concealed that is intended to be aimed and fired with one hand.

(Added to NRS by 1989, 652; A 2007, 1289)

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department

Please Join Nevadans In Seeing That Sheriff Doug Gillespie IS RETIRED THIS YEAR!

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

OK I get that he should be replaced but I don't read where he was fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Grunt View Post
    OK I get that he should be replaced but I don't read where he was fired?
    looks like I missed the last part...

"Please Join Nevadans In Seeing That Sheriff Doug Gillespie IS RETIRED THIS YEAR!"

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Recordings of the meeting

I went to that meeting. Not only did he defended the blue card issue, he also pointed out that it could be used to round up weapons in a Katrina type disaster.

While attending I used my voice recorder.

Here's his Q&A.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Before the Q&A he had a monologue.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    XDm 40 16+1+16+16

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post

LAS VEGAS - A town hall meeting intended to cover the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's budget instead produced a verbal sparring match over gun registration.
    Metro Police Sheriff Doug Gillespie planned to discuss the economic challenges facing his department. But, Gillespie spent a significant amount of time defending Clark County's gun registration system.
    The blue card registration system requires people to register their guns in Nevada. Sheriff Gillespie says the system helps the department solve crimes, including a murder case. "If it hadn't been for that (system), this crime would not have been solved," Sheriff Gillespie said. "In my opinion, it is justified, and it is useful."
    But, some of the people who attended Thursday night's meeting have doubts. "How many crimes are solved every year because of that," one person asked.
    Others believe the system is a bureaucratic nightmare. "I don't see the need for the blue cards, and I wish they'd get rid of them," said Friends of NRA Las Vegas Chairman Art Dixon. "It profiles me as owning a gun and profiles me for confiscation, where other people don't come under that," gun owner Charles Musser said. "I think those (police officers) should be on the streets protecting people. They're not protecting anyone with those blue cards. They are only investigating crime after it happens."
    The sheriff says officers in that department do more than register guns. He says he does not plan to eliminate it. "I made my position pretty clear. I think our gun registration law is good. Our detectives and officers support it," he said.

Metro Sheriff and Gun Owners Spar Over Gun Registration - Las Vegas Now

NRS 244.364 Limited authority to regulate firearms; restrictions concerning registration of certain firearms in county whose population is 400,000 or more.

1. Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers. As used in this subsection, "firearm" means any weapon from which a projectile is discharged by means of an explosive, spring, gas, air or other force.
    2. A board of county commissioners may proscribe by ordinance or regulation the unsafe discharge of firearms.
    3. If a board of county commissioners in a county whose population is 400,000 or more has required by ordinance or regulation adopted before June 13, 1989, the registration of a firearm capable of being concealed, the board of county commissioners shall amend such an ordinance or regulation to require:
      1. A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.
      2. A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol by a resident of the county upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer.

4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 1, as used in this section:
      1. "Firearm" means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
      2. "Firearm capable of being concealed" includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
      3. "Pistol" means a firearm capable of being concealed that is intended to be aimed and fired with one hand.

(Added to NRS by 1989, 652; A 2007, 1289)

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department

Please Join Nevadans In Seeing That Sheriff Doug Gillespie IS RETIRED THIS YEAR!
    Clark County Nevada needs a Sheriff that can read and understand the Constitution. Sheriff Doug Gillespie is NOT that person.
    Sheriff Doug Gillespie GoNV.org – blog

YouTube- Sheriff Doug Gillespie's Unconstitutional Gun Registration System

Detective Gordon Martines gets it ...
    Det. Gordon Martines Running for Sheriff of Clark County, NV.

I am with Gordon Martines

Las Vegas loses a lot of business because of their blue card registration. I have bought several guns over the years and would not even think of buying one from Clark Co. I usually go to Reno for my purchases. I know of several other people that wont buy guns there too.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneM View Post
    Las Vegas loses a lot of business because of their blue card registration. I have bought several guns over the years and would not even think of buying one from Clark Co. I usually go to Reno for my purchases. I know of several other people that wont buy guns there too.
    Its tough when you live here and you don't want to break the law...

Clark County Sheriffs Debate Scheduled for Tomorrow Night!

Clark County Sheriffs Debate Scheduled for Tomorrow Night!

NRA Members Need to Make the

Second Amendment Front and Center!

All six candidates for Clark County Sheriff, including incumbent Sheriff Doug Gillespie, will be in attendance at a debate tomorrow night, Thursday, June 3. The forum will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Rainbow Library located at 3150 N. Buffalo Drive.

Hosted by the Charleston Neighborhood Preservation, the event is open to the public and all questions will be posed in a first come, first asked basis.

Since the sheriff administers the concealed weapons AND handgun registration program, this is a very important race for gun owners in Clark County. Sheriff Gillespie has indicated his strong support for the registration program, despite a lack of concrete data proving its efficacy in solving crime.

Please attend this forum and make your voice heard on matters important to the pro-gun community. Remember, the primary election is Tuesday, June 8.

NRA Action Alert Today

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Its tough when you live here and you don't want to break the law...
    Yea, I know how that feels... MA Laws...

Kinda feel like this...

Keep us informed.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

11. Quit yer grippin' and get out and fire this turd. In Wisconsin, we are forced to Open Carry because we have no other choice. Turds like this thought it would be great to harass and falsely accuse and imprison us. Well, We sued and won. The municipality and individual officers are now court ordered to pay the court costs and a financial settlement to the individuals who's Constitutional rights were abridged. This has a very nice cooling effect on turds like this. Now most cops think before they harass. We have also done protests, and had several Open Carry get togethers. Together being the operative word here.

Your Constitutional Rights have been abridged. Where is the anger, the rage. You don't want to break the law? You have got to be kidding me. What in the H-E-double hockey sticks do you think the blue card registration is. Shall not be infringed doesn't mean 'unless you live in Clark County.'

Dump this turd and get a Constitutional conservative in there. Stand up and be heard.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast