Texas lawmaker to introduce immigration bill similar to Arizona's Read more: http://

Thread: Texas lawmaker to introduce immigration bill similar to Arizona's Read more: http://

Thumbs up Texas lawmaker to introduce immigration bill similar to Arizona's Read more: http://

Texas lawmaker to introduce immigration bill similar to Arizona's | Latest National Headli...

The Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas — A Texas lawmaker says she plans to push for a law similar to Arizona's get-tough immigration measure.

San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle report Wednesday that Republican Rep. Debbie Riddle of Tomball says she will introduce the measure in the January legislative session.

The new Arizona law would require local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status - and make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

Riddle says if the federal government did its job "Arizona wouldn't have to take this action, and neither would Texas."

Democrats say such legislation is misguided and predict it will hurt the GOP politically.

Information from: San Antonio Express-News, http://www.mysanantonio.com; Houston Chronicle, Houston news, entertainment, search and shopping | chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Read more: Texas lawmaker to introduce immigration bill similar to Arizona's | Latest National Headli...
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Arizona led the way and now Utah and Texas are joining in. I hope the feds get the point that we don't need immigration reform. We need the border secured and the current laws enforced.

We do need immigration reform in a manner of speaking. They need to come through the border at the check points and register to get an ID# and pay taxes and become value added members of the US population if that's their intent.

If they fail to do that then send them back over the border. We don't need them languishing here in our prisons costing us more tax payer money.

So enforcing the laws we have now would be the reform. Very cool that this "Right Wing" Kinda stuff is happening. Gives me a sense of hope for the nation, I just hope it's not a false hope.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Arizona led the way and now Utah and Texas are joining in. I hope the feds get the point that we don't need immigration reform. We need the border secured and the current laws enforced.
    I hope they get the point too but I would not hold my breath.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    We do need immigration reform in a manner of speaking. They need to come through the border at the check points and register to get an ID# and pay taxes and become value added members of the US population if that's their intent.

If they fail to do that then send them back over the border. We don't need them languishing here in our prisons costing us more tax payer money.

So enforcing the laws we have now would be the reform. Very cool that this "Right Wing" Kinda stuff is happening. Gives me a sense of hope for the nation, I just hope it's not a false hope.

Peace...
    I'm all for legal immigration because it helped make this the great country it is. My wife is a naturalized citizen and went through the legal process. If she can do it then why can't all others? Even if they don't want to become citizens the law requires visas. Secure the border, set up several mini immigration centers across the border and make them get work visas. Blanket amnesty, which is what the Obama administration wants, is not the way to go. In Arizona, with 500,000 illegals, if only 10% were criminals that would be 50,000 criminals now becoming citizens. Not the way to go.

Politicians have refused to let the Federal Government do its job for many years. The states have finally had enough and taken it upon themselves -- starting with Arizona -- to do what needs to be done to protect their interests. Expect the cowards in Washington to do all in their power to stand in the way of people trying to protect their homes, families, and livelihoods.

There is a chance that the citizens of the USA are waking up..
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam