Another stupid law passed by Hawaii lawmakers!

Thread: Another stupid law passed by Hawaii lawmakers!

Another stupid law passed by Hawaii lawmakers!

We have a lot of pressing issues here in the "Aloha State" like teacher furloughs, higher taxes, and rising crime. Where do our lawmakers find time to introduce, much less pass such a stupid law????

Hawaii passes bill to ignore repeated requests for Obama's birth certificate | honoluluadvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

Hawaii passes bill to ignore repeated requests for Obama's birth certificate

By Associated Press

Hawaii legislators have passed a measure allowing a state agency to ignore repeated requests from a person or organization for President Barack Obama's birth certificate.

The measure approved Tuesday by the state Legislature would carve an exemption in the state's public records law and allow officials to ignore all kinds of duplicative requests, including those for Obama's birth certificate.

Hawaii Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino has issued two statements since 2008 saying she had seen vital records proving Obama is a natural-born American citizen. Obama was born in Honolulu to a Kenyan father and an American mother.

But state officials say they still get between 10 and 20 e-mails each week seeking verification of Obama's birth.

The bill now goes to Gov. Linda Lingle.

Makes me wonder what's going on in the "Aloha State"......
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

This might be good in the long run. If they pass the law it will enact a special exemption for one person. A good Judge might see this as unconstitutional and require them to release it. This might be interesting to watch...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

You got to wonder why they would go to the trouble to pass such a law if he really had a legit birth certificate. What are they trying to hide?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

mojo Guest
    Here again.........I'm not really a "birther", but by God when something stinks it usually means something is rotten. The thing about the "certificate of live birth" is that it does not prove he was born in HI nor does it prove he wasn't!! Picture child born by way of mid-wife in a country town away from hospitals etc. Child is brought into the hospital for exam and to receive the cert. Now flip the coin, child born somewhere else outside the US flown in with mother, visit hospital, receive cert. Hmmm? Possible? Yes?
    I dont keep up with the so called birther stuff but I dont think I have seen nor heard anywhere about this DR and RN mentioned in here giving testimony under oath that they in fact were both in attendence at the birth. Now pile on the locking down of records both this and college etc. Like I said it stinks and to be factual, he was not held to the same vetting process as McCain. Sooooooooooo. Will they do anything about it; NO they wont because the result of him being proven to not be eligable would rip this country not only down political lines but down race lines that I dont think anyone can imagine the results of. Doesnt excuse it. IT IS unconstitutional if true and opens the door for more of the same in the future further destroying the foundations of America. Just isnt a good situation to be in any way ya look at it.
    Just one mans humble opinion.

Good point Red Hat. I couldn't figure out why anyone would write a law that would protect the records of a single individual. Then again, it was introduced by Senator Will Espero, who has a history of introducing poorly written legislation.

I call him "Kamikaze Kojak".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

wolfhunter Guest
    Hey GF, why do you keep voting for these guys?

Like Mojo said, I'm not a birther, but this paid coverup has me wondering what 0bama is hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Hey GF, why do you keep voting for these guys?

Like Mojo said, I'm not a birther, but this paid coverup has me wondering what 0bama is hiding.

Why you gotta bust my rocks like that? I'd sooner vote for the "green party" than to vote for one of THOSE people. Most of their legislation belongs in the "1D10T file". I would have voted against the guy, but he's not in my district.

gf

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Here again.........I'm not really a "birther", but by God when something stinks it usually means something is rotten. The thing about the "certificate of live birth" is that it does not prove he was born in HI nor does it prove he wasn't!! Picture child born by way of mid-wife in a country town away from hospitals etc. Child is brought into the hospital for exam and to receive the cert. Now flip the coin, child born somewhere else outside the US flown in with mother, visit hospital, receive cert. Hmmm? Possible? Yes?
    I dont keep up with the so called birther stuff but I dont think I have seen nor heard anywhere about this DR and RN mentioned in here giving testimony under oath that they in fact were both in attendence at the birth. Now pile on the locking down of records both this and college etc. Like I said it stinks and to be factual, he was not held to the same vetting process as McCain. Sooooooooooo. Will they do anything about it; NO they wont because the result of him being proven to not be eligable would rip this country not only down political lines but down race lines that I dont think anyone can imagine the results of. Doesnt excuse it. IT IS unconstitutional if true and opens the door for more of the same in the future further destroying the foundations of America. Just isnt a good situation to be in any way ya look at it.
    Your humble opinion makes perfect sense to me, mojo.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Well .... in my opinion, I think this a calculated move by Obama. He WANTS people (especially conservatives) to demand proof of where he was born, just so he can say: see - people on the 'right' are crazy.
    Last edited by Cobra; 04-30-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: the word "to"

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    mojo you hit it dead on the head. Hawaii also sent out reports that they destroyed all long forms 8 years ago.