Why do people say you need to invest in Gold?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people say you need to invest in Gold?

Why do people say you need to invest in Gold?

With the possible coming collaspe of the economy more and more investors are pushing people to invest in gold. So why should people do this? You cannot eat it. It only has value if someone wants it. So why should anyone take their money and buy gold?

This is the way I plan to invest my money as always:
    own land with a water source
    buy seed to grow food crop
    have some cow and Bull for breeding
    a couple dozen chickens
    and a couple of pigs.
    buy more guns and ammo to protect my land and food crop.
    So which will keep you alive longer?
    Gold or a means to keep food in your belly's

A silver dollar today will buy as much in items as it did years ago. Current price 18.50 per Oz., and Gold,Silver and Platinum is used as a hedge against the dollar(which is worthless) Just paper backing more paper, and the government keeps printing more! Here is a site to help you understand:
    Kitco - Gold Precious Metals - Buy Gold Sell Gold, Silver, Platinum - Charts, Graphs, Prices, Quotes, Gold Stocks, Mining Stocks, bullion dealers
    Remember your land can always be taken away if there are no more guns to protect it. That is why I get so P.O. when someone says...Why do we need guns anyway???
    As for me I'm investing in Lead, Guns, and all the above commodities.
    Hope this answers your question.

I have a question. If the people who have the gold are advertising that you should buy it because it will save your behind in the coming doom, why are they selling it? It is like the ads for making millions in real estate or stocks by people who supposedly made millions--why are they telling me their secrets? If i have the magic formula for any of this and i have a stockpile of gold i will not be advertising it and i will not be selling it--i will be using it and keeping it to/for my own advantage

wolfhunter Guest
    One may consider goats instead of cows. They are also a meat and dairy source and need less area/food per animal.

If the SHTF Gold and Silver will only be good for making bullets when Lead runs out!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    A silver dollar today will buy as much in items as it did years ago. Current price 18.50 per Oz., and Gold,Silver and Platinum is used as a hedge against the dollar(which is worthless) Just paper backing more paper, and the government keeps printing more! Here is a site to help you understand:
    Kitco - Gold Precious Metals - Buy Gold Sell Gold, Silver, Platinum - Charts, Graphs, Prices, Quotes, Gold Stocks, Mining Stocks, bullion dealers
    Remember your land can always be taken away if there are no more guns to protect it. That is why I get so P.O. when someone says...Why do we need guns anyway???
    As for me I'm investing in Lead, Guns, and all the above commodities.
    Hope this answers your question.
    It sorta answered it but not really. Gold only has value when others want it, other than that it has no real value, because you can't eat it or drink it ior wear it. Gold may be able to buy you things you need but only if the other person sees that it has value.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    One may consider goats instead of cows. They are also a meat and dairy source and need less area/food per animal.
    I hadn't thought about goats, and maybe a few rabbits.

mojo Guest
    Gold and silver will always have (have always) value. In your description of what you would do (have) you are right on the money. BTW, I'd get sheep; meat, milk, and wool!! Would also have the cattle as mentioned. In the SHTF scneario, one that is I mean really SHTF, gold and silver will have what ever value is asigned by how ever many parties are involved in the trade, purchase, barter, whatever. I live in the country, have all that is mentioned, land w/ water source etc. I also have a whole house generator that is run on gasoline. In this scenario, I will need gas to keep it running on my assigned schedule. The guy in town who has the gasoline distribution and contols what gas is left is going to be confronted with what to take for the purchase of gas. Being in the country I think he will be inundated with folks holding eggs, hams, veggies etc to trade. I wont want to trade my ammo, so when I walk up with a few gold or silver bars, beleive me he will take notice, it's just human nature and when the SHTF thing settles down to a somewhat normal scenario, whoever holds the precious metals is going to be holding real value. Markets begin to re-establish themselves etc and the monetary systems around the world will go back to metals exchange. Thats why to me anyway, you need the gold and or silver ALONG with everything else mentioned.

10. much easier is,,

1.buy more ammo
    2.if needed take the gold at gun point
    3.also food and water

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
    much easier is,,

1.buy more ammo
    2.if needed take the gold at gun point
    3.also food and water
    If your self esteem and personal integrity are low enough to consider this option, I'd say you're neither sheep nor sheepdog, to use a common analogy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast