America is a Christian Nation - Page 107
Page 107 of 156 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Do other religions try to convert people to believe what they believe? Of course they do, but it is about their faith that they can help those they fear are mislead by other religions or the lack thereof.
    I think, like many Americans who haven't looked very far beyond their own back yard, you probably believe Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the only religions in the world. Christians and Muslims are the only two that try to convert others and believe if I don't believe what they believe I am doomed.

It is one of the things I love most about my Jewish friend - she tells me she doesn't try to convert people to her beliefs and doesn't feel they go to hell because they're not Jewish. Understanding that I might be wrong in my beliefs and you or another person might be right is the beginning of true understanding - while most believe what the people they grew up around believe (your back yard). I.E. most in the Middle east are Muslim because they grew up in the Middle East where everyone is Muslim, and most white Americans are Christian because they grew up in a country where most whites are Christian. And why do you think most Buddhists and Hindus are from India or visited India and converted - you guessed it - alot of people in India are Buddhist and Hindu, with Christianity right up there too.

You'll find it hard to believe, but Jews, Buddhists, Sikh's, Hindus, etc. don't believe everyone else has to believe what they believe in order to get 'there' wherever 'there' may be for their particular faith or religion. Maybe Christians go to heaven, Hindu's find Nirvana, the Vikings Valhalla, Muslims get their 72 virgins, Buddhists don't have to come back and suffer through life again, etc. Life is good, everyone is happy.

Riddle me this - At the point of which gun or sword are you being forced to accept Christianity? Maybe you were talking about the past..
    When the Jehovah's Witnesses come banging on my door to tell me what I have to do to be saved, or the Baptists to invite me to their church so I can be saved it's almost as bad as having a gun or sword pointed at me. They don't physically point a gun at me but they tell me I will burn in a bottomless pit forever -even after I die- if I don't believe them.

Which is worse - having a gun pointed at me or burning for eternity ?

Believe it or not, when they come banging on my door to try to convert me, I don't try to shove the Buddha's teachings down their throat. I politely take their pamphlet and say thank you. They think I'm thanking them for coming to enlighten me - I'm really thanking them for finally saying good bye and moving on.

Take a few minutes to think - when was the last time a Jew, Buddhist, Hindu, or Atheist came banging on your door to try to convert you? Ok... when was the last time a Jehovah's Witness did it?

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Riddle me this - At the point of which gun or sword are you being forced to accept Christianity?
    Laws that are passed based on the nonsense of the bible. Blue laws for one, some were just turned over in SC in a ballot initiative yesterday. Fundy christian politicians are still trying to make birth control illegal in this county. School boards are still attempting, with some success, to replace science in the classroom with the nonsense of creation. Making same sex marriage illegal is based on what, oh yea, the hate and ignorance of the bible.

Fortunately the courts and common sense is turning some of this over, yet fundy loons are still trying to impose biblical nonsense into civil law.

SSM is being turned over by the courts, the constitution is the rule of law, not the bible
    Inter-racial marriage ban was over turned by the courts, the constitution is the rule of law, not the bible.
    Women's suffrage, the right of women to vote and hold office, again the constitution is the rule of law, not the bible.

The point of which a man with a gun is forcing anyone to accept the ignorance of christianity, when the arrest is made by a man with a gun.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Laws that are passed based on the nonsense of the bible. fundy loons are still trying to impose biblical nonsense into civil law.
    as in...
    Thou shalt not murder (Penal Law - homicide).
    Thou shalt not steal (Penal Law - theft, fraud, embezzlement).
    Thou shalt not commit adultery (Civil Law - alienation of affection).
    Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor (Penal Law - perjury).
    Thou shalt not covet... (Penal Law and Civil Law).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    as in...
    Thou shalt not murder (Penal Law - homicide).
    Thou shalt not steal (Penal Law - theft, fraud, embezzlement).
    There is nothing special or biblical about these two laws, they exist in every society and country on the planet. Otherwise every country not based on the bible, would not have such laws. These are common sense, natural human morality that have been codified into law. Oh wait, this country is not based on these biblical laws, it is based on people seeking freedom from the oppression of religion, and we also have these on the books.

Thou shalt not commit adultery (Civil Law - alienation of affection).
    Ah yes, used as a reason for divorce. But wait, Divorce is mentioned several times in the Old and New Testament, as God hates divorce.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor (Penal Law - perjury).
    Depends who you are talking to, typically only under oath, and LEO's like to play the "obstruction" card if you lie to them, and of course lying is a tactic of law enforcement uses frequently and is condoned by the system. I won't even mention law makers, the pro's.

Thou shalt not covet... (Penal Law and Civil Law).
    Thought police?, please tell me what laws make it illegal to covet? Assuming you understand what covet means. [/QUOTE]

cov·et
    transitive verb

1: to wish for earnestly <covet an award>
    2: to desire (what belongs to another) inordinately
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    There is nothing special or biblical about these two laws, they exist in every society and country on the planet. Otherwise every country not based on the bible, would not have such laws. These are common sense, natural human morality that have been codified into law. Oh wait, this country is not based on these biblical laws, it is based on people seeking freedom from the oppression of religion, and we also have these on the books.

Ah yes, used as a reason for divorce. But wait, Divorce is mentioned several times in the Old and New Testament, as God hates divorce.

Depends who you are talking to, typically only under oath, and LEO's like to play the "obstruction" card if you lie to them, and of course lying is a tactic of law enforcement uses frequently and is condoned by the system. I won't even mention law makers, the pro's.

Thought police?, please tell me what laws make it illegal to covet? Assuming you understand what covet means.
    XD, you really need to stop. You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Laws of a decent society are rooted in religion. It's not a point you can argue. It's simply fact and hasn't been refuted by any credible source. It's widely known and widely taught. This goes back to the beginnings of civilization and historical record. Whether the religion worshipped an idol, rolled chicken bones or was borne of the middle-east, civilization rooted itself in religious beliefs. This is simply true. More useless knowledge from college but nonetheless true. This "common sense" as you call it is common sense because it's been programmed through millennium into civilization through belief. Thus it's common. It's an established anthropological and historical fact that belief rooted the laws of a decent society. We've already had this discussion.
    Alienation of affection is not divorce. It's a civil lawsuit one could file against the lover of your spouse for damages. It's in civil law not matrimonial law. Covet, as used in religious teaching is more than envy. Webster's dictionary wasn't around thousands of years ago. Covet is used to denote a desire for your neighbors possessions with intent to act on those desires. To secretly plan to take those possessions. Today that could be conspiracy and intent to commit a crime, both in the penal law.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

8. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Laws that are passed based on the nonsense of the bible. Blue laws for one, some were just turned over in SC in a ballot initiative yesterday. Fundy christian politicians are still trying to make birth control illegal in this county. School boards are still attempting, with some success, to replace science in the classroom with the nonsense of creation. Making same sex marriage illegal is based on what, oh yea, the hate and ignorance of the bible.

Fortunately the courts and common sense is turning some of this over, yet fundy loons are still trying to impose biblical nonsense into civil law.

SSM is being turned over by the courts, the constitution is the rule of law, not the bible
    Inter-racial marriage ban was over turned by the courts, the constitution is the rule of law, not the bible.
    Women's suffrage, the right of women to vote and hold office, again the constitution is the rule of law, not the bible.

The point of which a man with a gun is forcing anyone to accept the ignorance of christianity, when the arrest is made by a man with a gun.
    Maybe California would be a better state for you to live in.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Blog Entries

Christians do have a choice other than Obamacare

America is a Christian Nation-600_428128562.jpeg.png

I sent this out to the group this morning.

Last night we held our Steubenville For Liberty meeting at the Holy Family Church in Steubenville so we could listen to the truth about Obamacare through the eyes of a Physician.

Dr. Jeffrey Starre M.D. and Son Luke gave us an in depth view of Obamacare and their increase in Government regulations and oversight.

They have added preventive services without copays or deductibles, added children up to 26 years old to stay on the parents plan, employers are required to provide insurance for employees but not their family, banned annual limits of beneficial reimbursements, plus cover all pre-existing conditions. All of this is going to be controlled by an Independent Advisory Board lead by Ezekiel J. Emanuel who wrote the article WHY I HOPE TO DIE AT 75.

This group offers financial incentives to Doctors and Hospitals in order to get specific invasive information back about their patients, do they smoke, drink, have firearms in their home, do they have sugar, are they on drugs, how is their heart, and their overall condition. 1% bonus if you comply 1% deduction if you don’t, annually.

They decide which health care services will be covered, such as contraceptives, sterilizations, even tho federal law bans the use of federal money for abortions reports have been made that they have been paid for by exchange insurance.

Also there is a patient survey to be filled out and if the Doctor or the hospital gets less than a 50% approval, they get a deduction in their Medicare payment.

Some things you may not be aware of:

That blood test that Trinity charges you $750.00 for Dr. Starre said he could do the same test in his office send it to a lab in Columbus, charge you $40.00 and still make a little profit.

Provisions in the law says HHS agents review end of life options available to the elderly and Doctors may soon have to educate people about their options to include Euthanasia.

If you are re-admitted to the hospital within 30 for the same problem, the hospital does not get paid.

Remember Insurance Companies are subsidized by the taxpayer.

There is so much more Dr. Starre made us aware of and the bottom line is as bad as Obamacare is, in the next two years it is going to get much worse. He also warned us that it is now so interwoven into the system, even if it is totally repealed, we may never red ourselves of this mess.

It is designed to eliminate the problem of the large ageing population as soon as possible, and at the same time keep the young and productive in society healthy.

Communism at its finest.

I have just scratched the surface of Dr. Starres information, if you get the opportunity to listen to him and his Son don’t miss it.

Dr. Starre said there are options such as Christian Health Sharing Ministries that are exempt from Obamcare.

They do demand you live a Christian lifestyle, attend Church 3 out of 4 Sundays, no smoking, limited drinking, and some offer additional coverage above Medicare.

Samaritan Ministries International 800-268-4377 Samaritan Ministries International - Samaritan Ministries International

Christian Care Ministry (Medishare) 800-772-5623 https://medi-share.org/ms/lp/pi_12-6...FQsdaQod2x8AoQ

Christian Health Ministries 800-791-6225 https://www.libertyhealthshare.org/C...FYLtMgodPWIAQA

Liberty Health Share 855-585-4237

https://medi-share.org/ms/lp/pi_12-6...FSwSMwodOzsAcg

Take Care

Chuck
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

XD, you really need to stop. You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Laws of a decent society are rooted in religion. It's not a point you can argue. .
    Uh, no...

BC1, you really need to stop. You are not entitled to twist the nonsense of your beliefs into facts. Laws of decent society are NOT rooted in religion, and it damn well is a point I can and will argue, with facts. Even the most oppressive government (NK), where even proselytizing is a capital crime, has laws making murder/theft a crime. So yes, murder/theft are against the law in every single country on the planet, and it will coincide with religious laws, not because of them.

What does come through loud and clear that religion has infected into society and laws is the bigotry toward women. Adultery laws, both within religions and overflowing into society put most of it on the women. Why? Because all the religious books and civil laws were written by men.

Covet, as used in religious teaching is more than envy. Webster's dictionary wasn't around thousands of years ago. Covet is used to denote a desire for your neighbors possessions with intent to act on those desires. To secretly plan to take those possessions. Today that could be conspiracy and intent to commit a crime, both in the penal law.
    I live in the modern world, and the definition and common usage of covet in the real word can be found in any dictionary. So no, you don't pull some ancient use of a words meaning from thousand of years ago. And from a book that has been rewritten and translated many many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    Maybe California would be a better state for you to live in.
    I see you still have noting to contribute............... sad