America is a Christian Nation - Page 108
Page 108 of 156 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Uh, no...

BC1, you really need to stop. You are not entitled to twist the nonsense of your beliefs into facts. Laws of decent society are NOT rooted in religion, and it damn well is a point I can and will argue, with facts. Even the most oppressive government (NK), where even proselytizing is a capital crime, has laws making murder/theft a crime. So yes, murder/theft are against the law in every single country on the planet, and it will coincide with religious laws, not because of them.

What does come through loud and clear that religion has infected into society and laws is the bigotry toward women. Adultery laws, both within religions and overflowing into society put most of it on the women. Why? Because all the religious books and civil laws were written by men.

I live in the modern world, and the definition and common usage of covet in the real word can be found in any dictionary. So no, you don't pull some ancient use of a words meaning from thousand of years ago. And from a book that has been rewritten and translated many many times.
    XD you live in the modern "atheist" modern world. Regarding the statement that religion isn't responsible I have to leave you alone with that. I'm highly educated. I took these classes in an Ivy League university. Elective courses in religious history, religion in government, sociology, etc. My wife, a Wellesley graduate (and Ivy Leaguer) also remembers all of this from her education. The best universities in America aren't wrong. I'm not throwing away my education for your opinion. This topic is as dead as Abe Lincoln. Prehistoric man looked to the sky and believed in some creator. He wrote about in cave walls long before there were rules or laws. This is simply ridiculous. BTW, where and when did you go to school? Study sociology? World history? Religious history? Just curious.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Yes, prehistoric man may have well sat in his dark and cold cave wondering if the marvelous source of light and heat would come back again to warm him and so he could see. And in the dark, fears crept into his mind, "what if it doesn't come back?" There must be something that I don't understand that controls that, and if I piss it off, it may withhold the marvelous thing.

Prehistoric man don't want to piss it off, so he chose to worship it to please it because of the fear that if unhappy it might withhold this marvelous source of light and heat.

Pure and simple, religion (worship of imaginary things that control things not understood) is born in the fear that a lack of knowledge causes. He looked at everthing he did not understand or could explain, and from that fear created gods, deities, etc., which served the purpose of easing his fear of the unknown.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

He looked at everthing he did not understand or could explain, and from that fear created gods, deities, etc., which served the purpose of easing his fear of the unknown.
    Well... it beats being afraid of the dark. lol - I'm joking. You guys get in such heated arguments / debates in here.

Quote Originally Posted by indyyy View Post
    Well... it beats being afraid of the dark. lol - I'm joking. You guys get in such heated arguments / debates in here.
    Precisely, dark nights, no entertainment, noises of the predators of the night to listen to, and the mind is free to imagine all sorts of terrors, so it served a purpose. It's not the dark that scares us, it is the things in the dark that scare us.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Making same sex marriage illegal is based on what, oh yea, the hate and ignorance of the bible.
    America is a Christian Nation-conspiracy.png
    (Thanks BluesStringer).

Life Is Good.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    America is a Christian Nation-conspiracy.png
    (Thanks BluesStringer).

Awwww did you break a window when you threw your stone?

It's clear where the hate comes from, they advertize it proudly.

Attachment 12877

Attachment 12878

Attachment 12879

Attachment 12880

Attachment 12881

We are in the days of APOSTASY.

The Scripture is clear that in the last days prior to Christ's return, there will be an age of apostasy, or rebellion, against God. When this age of apostasy has run its course on God's yardstick, the Lord will return. As dark clouds form in the sky prior to a storm, the clouds of apostasy are getting darker as we approach the seven year period of the Tribulation. America is in the preparatory stage of apostasy, and even now the world wants nothing to do with God and is getting more aggressive toward those who belong to Him. Our country for example, once a Christian nation, has kicked God out of every area of our lives, but then we have the audacity to say, "God bless America." Our hypocrisy is flabbergasting!

I well remember a time when most everyone in my little world was, at the minimum, respectful toward anything related toward God. The Bible and all it stood for received respect from even the most vile of persons. Generally speaking, people respected each other. The Ten Commandments wasn't just for those who followed God, but all accepted those standards and tried to obey them. We now live in a country I no longer recognize. I recall churches, in the not too distant past, where great preaching was heard. The Bible was actually taught from the pulpit. Pastors called for repentance and unabashedly proclaimed the name of Jesus. Children were actually taught the Bible in Sunday School and Vacation Bible School. Church members visited the lost and sick in the community, and people came to church to respectfully worship Jesus and learn of Him. By and large, this is not so today. Most want nothing to do with Jesus, the Bible or anything else associated with God. Of those who do come and sit in the pews, most just want to be entertained and have a warm fuzzy feeling when they leave, and they don't want to stay long. Society is attacking anything to do with God in every area of our lives and it shows. The world is rapidly becoming more and more anti-God and dangerous. What used to be defined as evil is now good, and what used to be defined as good is now evil. (Isaiah 5:20)

The word "shame" is no longer recognized, because few know what it is. Men and women of character are shrinking in number because we as a society have lost all conscience of morality, dignity and honor. Most in our society live strictly for themselves with little to no thought of others. We are selfish, spoiled and corrupt, and the full onslaught of apostasy has not even arrived! Most in today's society see nothing wrong with the sins they have crawled in bed with and flaunted in the face of God. "We are our own god!" they say. They are like a child who has left the nest to be on their own and has gone stark raving wild with no thought of tomorrow. The saddest part is that most in the church have failed their families, friends, and neighbors by their silence and by their compromised living. The Bible says, "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14) Most of the preachers have failed and those who are Christians but not preachers have failed. The word "preach" means to proclaim or to be a herald. Most think it is "the preacher's job" to witness, but it isn't just "the preacher's job." It is every Christians' responsibility to proclaim Jesus to those we come in contact with. Why isn't this being done on a large scale by those who claim to be Christians? It is obvious. Apostasy has crept in the back door of the church and Satan is having a ball.

This is just the beginning. When the church is removed (Rapture) and the Holy Spirit of God lifts His hand of restraint upon Satan, apostasy will have a free hand to do Satan's will. It is way past time for those of us who say we are Christians to start acting like it. The tide of evil is not going to be reversed. However, we can prevent some from joining Satan in hell by our witness. The Rapture has not yet occurred, so we still have time to try to save some. We need to be much in prayer and unashamed to stand up for our Savior and Lord.

- Grant Phillips -

Life Is Good.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The Scripture is clear that in the last days prior to Christ's return, there will be an age of apostasy, or rebellion, against God. When this age of apostasy has run its course on God's yardstick, the Lord will return. As dark clouds form in the sky prior to a storm, the clouds of apostasy are getting darker as we approach the seven year period of the Tribulation. America is in the preparatory stage of apostasy, and even now the world wants nothing to do with God and is getting more aggressive toward those who belong to Him. Our country for example, once a Christian nation, has kicked God out of every area of our lives, but then we have the audacity to say, "God bless America." Our hypocrisy is flabbergasting!

I well remember a time when most everyone in my little world was, at the minimum, respectful toward anything related toward God. The Bible and all it stood for received respect from even the most vile of persons. Generally speaking, people respected each other. The Ten Commandments wasn't just for those who followed God, but all accepted those standards and tried to obey them. We now live in a country I no longer recognize. I recall churches, in the not too distant past, where great preaching was heard. The Bible was actually taught from the pulpit. Pastors called for repentance and unabashedly proclaimed the name of Jesus. Children were actually taught the Bible in Sunday School and Vacation Bible School. Church members visited the lost and sick in the community, and people came to church to respectfully worship Jesus and learn of Him. By and large, this is not so today. Most want nothing to do with Jesus, the Bible or anything else associated with God. Of those who do come and sit in the pews, most just want to be entertained and have a warm fuzzy feeling when they leave, and they don't want to stay long. Society is attacking anything to do with God in every area of our lives and it shows. The world is rapidly becoming more and more anti-God and dangerous. What used to be defined as evil is now good, and what used to be defined as good is now evil. (Isaiah 5:20)

The word "shame" is no longer recognized, because few know what it is. Men and women of character are shrinking in number because we as a society have lost all conscience of morality, dignity and honor. Most in our society live strictly for themselves with little to no thought of others. We are selfish, spoiled and corrupt, and the full onslaught of apostasy has not even arrived! Most in today's society see nothing wrong with the sins they have crawled in bed with and flaunted in the face of God. "We are our own god!" they say. They are like a child who has left the nest to be on their own and has gone stark raving wild with no thought of tomorrow. The saddest part is that most in the church have failed their families, friends, and neighbors by their silence and by their compromised living. The Bible says, "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14) Most of the preachers have failed and those who are Christians but not preachers have failed. The word "preach" means to proclaim or to be a herald. Most think it is "the preacher's job" to witness, but it isn't just "the preacher's job." It is every Christians' responsibility to proclaim Jesus to those we come in contact with. Why isn't this being done on a large scale by those who claim to be Christians? It is obvious. Apostasy has crept in the back door of the church and Satan is having a ball.

This is just the beginning. When the church is removed (Rapture) and the Holy Spirit of God lifts His hand of restraint upon Satan, apostasy will have a free hand to do Satan's will. It is way past time for those of us who say we are Christians to start acting like it. The tide of evil is not going to be reversed. However, we can prevent some from joining Satan in hell by our witness. The Rapture has not yet occurred, so we still have time to try to save some. We need to be much in prayer and unashamed to stand up for our Savior and Lord.

- Grant Phillips -

Life Is Good.

Heaven and earth are contrary to one another.. so they live in conflict and one can't see real life (Jesus Christ) because it doesn't know Him. Colossians 3:1 NLT Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

[/CENTER]
    Awwww did you break a window when you threw your stone?
    It's clear where the hate comes from
    Attachment 12880
    The only truth you presented is in the one "picture" above. I don't throw stones/rocks, I only present truth. However, the truth that I present is like a rock thrown into a pack of rabid dogs, like the pack you roam around in. And like I've said before the dog that gets hit BARKS the loudest. So here once again , as usual we have you, XD40scinNC' being hit with the rock, and the reason for your rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies you.Your only hope is that there is no afterlife, your greatest fear is that there is. The sole purpose of your pathetic existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible and insulting believers. You never pass up an opportunity to fulfill Bible prophecy as a last days scoffer, or "mocker". Being a Rabid Spawn of Satan, and in the essence of your father the devil, as is your usual, your hatred gets in the way of common sense. So again as we can see..

Originally Posted by XD40scinNC

America is a Christian Nation-yap-yap-yap.jpg

Originally Posted by XD40scinNC

America is a Christian Nation-mccain_ankle_biter-copy.jpg

XD40scinNC will never go away or shut up, he will simply continue to "BARK" his rage and foolishly waste our time.

Life Is Good.