America is a Christian Nation - Page 11
Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #101
    Those that claim they let their kids roam free day or night are usually the ones whose kids are causing all the trouble. The lack of Christian values in the home and the lackof proper supervision are major factors in the crime rate.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Those that claim they let their kids roam free day or night are usually the ones whose kids are causing all the trouble. The lack of Christian values in the home and the lackof proper supervision are major factors in the crime rate.
    Come on HK, you usually have something positive to say that can be backed up with some evidence... This last statement of yours is purely opinionated and nothing factual behind it. To say that just because I am not afraid to let my children go outside, does not automatically mean that they are godless heathens that will go shoot up a liquor store, or whatever other crime that you were trying to illude to. I believe that I have raised my children in a respectable way, without the influence of religion. They will grow up to be free thinkers, and will have the opportunity to make their own choices, without the guilt or fear that religion instills.

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Jumping to conclusions is a convenient way to prove preconceived notions - as long as the reader is dumb enough to accept the unsupported conclusion.

    My kids have friends all over the neighborhood and various playgrounds where they they get together everywhere in between. It's a great place to raise your children. There's only two rules: Carry your cellphone and home before dark. I have had no complaints about my kids terrorizing the neighborhood. The nearest liquor store is about a mile away, and they don't serve 10yr. olds as far as I know.

  5. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    Come on HK, you usually have something positive to say that can be backed up with some evidence... This last statement of yours is purely opinionated and nothing factual behind it. To say that just because I am not afraid to let my children go outside, does not automatically mean that they are godless heathens that will go shoot up a liquor store, or whatever other crime that you were trying to illude to. I believe that I have raised my children in a respectable way, without the influence of religion. They will grow up to be free thinkers, and will have the opportunity to make their own choices, without the guilt or fear that religion instills.

    Actually my statement was in reference to half cocked and locks post. I am afraid in my book anyone that lets their kids run loose day or night is not exhibiting very good parenting skills and quite frankly from some of the comments he has made before it does not surprise me.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I wondered if you'd have the audacity to start claiming U.S. national accomplishments in the name of Christianity. Good for you.

    FWIW, my children roam freely in our neighboorhood at will any time of the day or night. I'm sure just as many people as ever can claim this as well. It is unfortunate you live in fear, but that is your responsibility and yours alone. Please don't project your shortcoming in this area on me.

    Your lame attempt at emphasizing the "fear" portion of the FUD routine has failed.
    Sorry Cocked and Locked, FUD is your domain. Never heard of it until you postulated it. The Bible on the other hand says to be of good cheer for Jesus has overcome the world. You truly have it backwards.

  7. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Never heard of it until you postulated it.
    I would never presume to claim responsibility for postulating this commonly used term in society today. And you are not the first here to feign knowledge of it. Thereby, you could not more clearly illustrate how the Christian blinders have denied you wider knowledge and more productive participation in mainstream society. You don't even understand contemporary terminology. Another member here offered up the numerous colloquial uses for the term "FUD," ostensibly to obfuscate the very real and amazingly relevant use of it on this forum by proselytizers, Obama haters, anti-government crackpots and others such as yourself.

    What a shame how Christianity has blighted the lives of so many.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    wow... so many different directions to go here... I guess in an attempt to get this train wreck back on track I will give my thoughts on religion. And then you may understand my point of view towards the original post of is this america a christian nation.

    Religions require beliefs that are irrational, un-scientific, or unreasonable.

    Here are some examples:
    Religions often posit facts that are contradicted by scientific evidence (e.g. evolution, origin of the universe, miracles)
    Religions often require behaviors that are not sensible (e.g. Old Testament prohibition against wearing garments of mixed fabrics, or punishing children of guilty parents)
    Religions are not distinguishable from fairy tales or superstitions (such as astrology or Santa Claus)
    Religions cannot adapt to a changing world and their teachings are outdated in comparison with modern morals, or scientific evidence.

    There are a multiplicity of religions that claim to be the one true faith, such as Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, or Evangelical Christianity. Logic dictates that if two or more religions claim to be the only valid faith, then claims of all but one of those religions must be wrong. So what makes yours the right one?

    With certain exceptions, such as Raëlism, Mormonism, Scientology, and the Bahá'í Faith, most religions were formulated at a time when the origin of life, the workings of the body, and the nature of the stars and planets were poorly understood. Religious systems attempted to address significant personal emotional issues, and tried to explain a frightening existence, usually through a dramatic narrative outlining how the world and their community came to be. And then persecuted those that did not believe.

    Karl Marx said "religion is a tool utilized by the ruling classes whereby the masses can shortly relieve their suffering via the act of experiencing religious emotions. It is in the interest of the ruling classes to instill in the masses the religious conviction that their current suffering will lead to eventual happiness. Therefore as long as the public believes in religion, they will not attempt to make any genuine effort to understand and overcome the real source of their suffering" An interesting thought, Gov'ts using religion to control people you never see that...

    How about how religions start their brain washing of children:
    Terrorized by threats of punishment, such as eternal damnation in a fiery hell (in fact Alaska, your preaching almost gave me enough of a flashback to send me screaming back into the clutches of blind faith... almost)
    Extreme guilt about normal, healthy sexual functions
    Trained to disrespect science and reason
    Indoctrinated into a particular religious faith, thus depriving the child of the opportunity to make their own free inquiry later, when they are mature

    Steven Weinberg said "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Imagine if there was no religion, imagine all of the sensless killings and wars that could have been prevented, 9/11 never would have happened. Of course your response to this will be something like only the religious fanatics are the problem everyone else is just a peaceful bunch that only go around preaching ...but, even religion in moderation provides a a foundation for fanatical groups to thrive.

    Shall I continue, or do you get the idea?

    Alaska: Although I do believe in the stratagy of you must know your enemy.. I think my 18ish years that I was forced into the christian religion was more than enough for me. And up until the end I thought I was a true believer with the blind faith... looking back I still saw no real evidence to support it. If I didn't have a devine intervention such as yours (real or self inflicted) in that time frame... well you get the idea
    Dear Onlinedad, you are beginning to grasp at straws complaining that religion brainwashes their children and then use Carl Marx as your vindicator. Perhaps you might want to stroll down history lane and look at how many millions of their own people Stalin and Mao killed before citing communism as your solution to religion, that is if you wish to avoid brainwashing and killing people.

    By the way, everywhere that we have isolated tribes of iniginous peoples, invariably the world over we find head hunters. In fact, with over 7000 islands in the Philippines, many speculate that they are still out there right now. I guess that getting in touch with nature led these peoples to eat the brains of their enemies. So much for the world without religion idea.

    In addition, you fail to understand the workings of a true believer not only to himself but to those around him. Forgive or you shall not be forgiven. True Christianity brought peace, stability and in a sense prosperity where ever it took root. America is one of the greatest examples. Yes, back to the original question, America did start as a Christian nation.

    You are likewise quite wrong about the science issue and the Bible as well. If you wish to call evolution science, that is quite off topic but it turns out that evolution is just the religion of atheists, you can't prove any of the conjectures it is based upon. For example, are you aware that dating rocks is based on unproven and unprovable assumptions? Since when does true science use unkowns to prove unkowns. Think I am making this up? Go look for yourself. That is wacky and flaky pseudoscience. Go look at Grand Canyon and if you can't see the flood in thousands of feet of sedimentary rocks perfectly flat between the layers supposed to be millions of years apart, then you are willingly ignorant just as the Bible states. Science has given us DNA which is the language of creation since it is a language that could not have occurred by chance alone. Take the atheists challenge by Perry Marshall:

    Atheist's Riddle - Information, DNA and the Origin of Life - Perry Marshall

    I absolutely love science and have 11 plus years of higher education under my belt. Try astronomy for instance and take God's challenge found in Jeremiah 31:35-37. Jeremiah states that God will cast off Israel is the heavens above can be measured or the boundations of the earth searched out beneath. What is above us and what is below us? What does science have to say about that today? Science you say, I love it and I know a fair amount about it and the more I learn about science and the world around me, the more I worship my Creator for glory He shows us.

    Lastly, you keep quoting the examples of false religion to prove wrong the God of the Bible but the problem is you don't know the God of the Bible to understand why you are wrong. I feel sorry for those that had the opportunity to learn of the true God of the Bible for 18 years as you state but ran away instead. Once again, go back to Matthew 13 and read again the story of the sower and the seed. Some fell by the wayside, some on rocky ground, some on thorny ground and some on good groud and it brought forth. Everyone will find themselves somewhere in that parable. And by the way, the OT law does not punish children for the parents sins, nor the parents for the childrens sins but each man for their own. It is quite likely that your misperception of what the Bible states is what kept you from understanding since you have stated several factual errors about the Bible so far. I would be more than happy to explain as best I can anything that is bothersome to you about the Bible if I can, but you truly have no understanding of what a born again believer truly is. I pray that some day you will if nothing more than for the sake of your children who need to learn of the gospel.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    Come on HK, you usually have something positive to say that can be backed up with some evidence... This last statement of yours is purely opinionated and nothing factual behind it. To say that just because I am not afraid to let my children go outside, does not automatically mean that they are godless heathens that will go shoot up a liquor store, or whatever other crime that you were trying to illude to. I believe that I have raised my children in a respectable way, without the influence of religion. They will grow up to be free thinkers, and will have the opportunity to make their own choices, without the guilt or fear that religion instills.
    Dear Onlinedad, you are once again not reflecting accurate science on crime, gangs and the breakdown of the family which is seen by sociologists in their studies as one of the greatest contributors to crime.

    Youth Gangs Running Wild in England
    By Stephen Jones
    Epoch Times U.K. Staff

    Young black teenagers in Britain are falling into criminal gangs because of family breakdown and a lack of positive role models, community workers say.

    Epoch Times | Youth Gangs Running Wild in England

    When we tossed God out of the picture, we tossed out much of what was good about our countries as well. Take a look at England which is much farther down the road to paganism and you will see what is coming to America soon. I would rather have what I had when I was a kid for my grand kids but it will not be so.

  10. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    ...factual errors about the Bible...
    Do I smell an oxymoron?

  11. #110
    mojo Guest
    "not some inner city ghetto, that christianity has accomplished. "....onlinedad

    Wow........so this thread has degraded to the point that you are now blaiming Christians for inner city ghettos???
    Unbeleivable. I didnt think I would want to put anyone on this site on the ignore list because I appreciate all points of views and debate; however this statement proves the individual to be............well, due nothing more than disdain.

Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast