America is a Christian Nation - Page 110
Page 110 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    ...The information about the degree belongs on your resume, your signature in business, if appropriate, and on your office wall if in a professional setting like doctor, dentist, etc. To pull it out in some attempt to win a debate, desperation.
    When you can't make a convincing argument on the merits you can always try the old "appeal to authority" trick. BC1 likes to routinely trot out his academic credentials as if what he says his courses covered--always, curiously, supportive of the religious position--closes the discussion. I guess that's slightly more sophisticated than the standard creationist ploy of habitually quoting extreme outlier creationist "scientists" during cosmology discussions. Then there's the habitual Christian practice of "proving" that this is a Christian nation by endlessly reciting out-of-context or fabricated quotes of various historical figures during the country's formative years. The savvy immediately see through the appeal to authority ploy. The unsophisticated don't. True believers incapable of changing their minds no matter what the evidence rely on this fallacious argument technique to reinforce confirmation bias so that they can continue the appeals to authority as they know they can't possible win on the merits.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The information about the degree belongs on your resume, your signature in business, if appropriate, and on your office wall if in a professional setting like doctor, dentist, etc. To pull it out in some attempt to win a debate, desperation.
    XD, I'm not interested in impressing you. What other way can one tell you what's being taught in America's best colleges other than to speak of their own experiences. No, not desperation. Not interested in winning a debate. I didn't know I was competing with you. I'm comfortable with your opinion on religion. I don't have to live with it... or die with it; you do. But when an atheist uses insults and comments like sky-daddy he shows not education or intelligence. He shows ignorance. You retired at 55 but you're teaching in a college? What subject? Jut curious. I taught at a small college back in the eighties. But I wasn't cut-out to be a teacher. It takes dedication. My wife was also teaching there. She was the better teacher in the family.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    When you can't make a convincing argument on the merits you can always try the old "appeal to authority" trick. BC1 likes to routinely trot out his academic credentials as if what he says his courses covered--always, curiously, supportive of the religious position--closes the discussion. I guess that's slightly more sophisticated than the standard creationist ploy of habitually quoting extreme outlier creationist "scientists" during cosmology discussions. Then there's the habitual Christian practice of "proving" that this is a Christian nation by endlessly reciting out-of-context or fabricated quotes of various historical figures during the country's formative years. The savvy immediately see through the appeal to authority ploy. The unsophisticated don't. True believers incapable of changing their minds no matter what the evidence rely on this fallacious argument technique to reinforce confirmation bias so that they can continue the appeals to authority as they know they can't possible win on the merits.
    Sreme, neither side wins on the merits. There are no merits. Be smarter than to make that argument. Like I said, some things, in fact most things can't be proven scientifically or mathematically.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

5. Why atheist are atheists:

By Geri Ungurean

One God, YHVH, not allah

A friend of mine called last night upset about the announcement that Islamic prayers were going to be held in the National Cathedral. I said, "What can I say or do about that?" He replied that our founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves to learn of such things. Indeed, the one true God, I'm sure, is not pleased either. The Episcopalians have turned the National Cathedral into a house of ill repute. Of course, there are many so-called pastors who are doing the same to their churches. We see politicians try to tell us that allah and YHVH are the same God and that Islam is really a religion of peace. It is no such thing. It is not a religion. It is a system where men use a false god to control, recruit and gain power.

In Matthew 24, Jesus explains the end times. He said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Verse 11 says, "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." Even today, there are many false prophets. Those who would say that allah and YHVH are the same are chief among the false prophets. Especially those who call themselves Christians and also preach that allah and YHVH are the same. The basic tenet of the Christian faith is found in John 14:6, where Jesus declares: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me." The Koran, the holy book of allah, in many verses denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

The Koran's Sura 4:171 says, "O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium (Mary) is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector." Sura 19:29: "God forbid that He Himself should beget a son!" Sura 17:111:"Praise be to God who has never begotten a son; who has no partner in His Kingdom..."

If allah and YHVH are the same, then why would God tell Jews and Christians one thing and Muslims another in their holy books? Why would there be two holy books? Christian pastors, politicians, Episcopalian administrators of the National Cathedral take heed. You cannot agree that allah and YHVH are the same and at the same time claim that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. You are double minded. Furthermore, 2 Corinthians 6:14 says, "Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what partnership has light with darkness?" If you believe allah and YHVH are equal, then you are unequally yoked, and yoked with the darkness of the Islamic deeds. allah is not YHVH. Those who believe so are false prophets, heretics and blasphemers. Run from them.

Bill Wilson - Daily Jot -

MARANATHA.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

7. I feel the bigger threat to actual Christianity is the deceivers within in the church or false prophets. Muslims and other religions don't bother me near as much as those people in the church. The religious people that Paul reffered to in Galatians is the biggest threat imo.

Simple question.
    America is a Christian Nation-evolution.jpg
    Chief

Is anyone aware that Christians in the middle-east use the word "Allah" to describe God? That's not specifically a Muslim term.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Simple question.
    America is a Christian Nation-evolution.jpg
    It doesn't require a highly-evolved brain to understand how idiotic and ignorant this graphic is. Of course, the question on it isn't asked for the purpose of eliciting an answer. Its purpose is to get nods of solidarity-affirming approval from other people with not-so-evolved brains.

Humor us! Simple question.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....