America is a Christian Nation - Page 112
Page 112 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. 2 words: AL GORE

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I feel the bigger threat to actual Christianity is the deceivers within in the church or false prophets. Muslims and other religions don't bother me near as much as those people in the church. The religious people that Paul reffered to in Galatians is the biggest threat imo.
    As the tide of public opinion turns against the acceptability of being a Christian, two things are happening. Those who are truly born again are moving closer to God and to each other, and those who are Christian in name only are embracing the ways of the world and completing their move away from the faith they never embraced. This is the Great Apostasy.

MARANATHA!

~ Yesterday's Prophecies - Today's Headlines ~
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

4. I noticed that of the 130 forum topics listed on the 6 pages of the index that there are none started by our 2 resident atheist. I suggest they start a forum topic themselves and leave others alone to believe what they want. Or, is it a fact that these people are so depressed that they can't help annoying others to get the attention they can't get elsewhere. They are like children that will take any kind of attention, even if it's negative, just to get attention/
    My suggestion again is why don't they start their own forum topic? I'll be watching, but I still will have them blocked from my system, because they are not worthy of the wear and tear on my old eyeballs, as they are like a cancer that needs to be cut out, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I noticed that of the 130 forum topics listed on the 6 pages of the index that there are none started by our 2 resident atheist. I suggest they start a forum topic themselves and leave others alone to believe what they want. Or, is it a fact that these people are so depressed that they can't help annoying others to get the attention they can't get elsewhere. They are like children that will take any kind of attention, even if it's negative, just to get attention/
    My suggestion again is why don't they start their own forum topic? I'll be watching, but I still will have them blocked from my system, because they are not worthy of the wear and tear on my old eyeballs, as they are like a cancer that needs to be cut out, IMO.
    Sometimes it's a good mental exercise to try and help them see things from another point of view. nosreme just posts what he thinks are funny or brilliant cartoons, those aren't heard to refute. XD just spews hateful jargon, so it hard to take him seriously.
    Chief

Blog Entries

Oath of Office in a Christian Nation

If I were in a Christian Nation I expect my oath of office would look something like this:

The Constitution (Article VI, clause 3) requires that Senators and Representatives take an oath of office to support the Constitution.

The specific language of the oath has changed several times since it was first administered in 1789. It is set by statute (5 U.S.C. 3331), enacted by Congress.

It now reads:

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

So help me God.

Sorry Obama
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    If I were in a Christian Nation I expect my oath of office would look something like this:

The Constitution (Article VI, clause 3) requires that Senators and Representatives take an oath of office to support the Constitution.

The specific language of the oath has changed several times since it was first administered in 1789. It is set by statute (5 U.S.C. 3331), enacted by Congress.

It now reads:

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

So help me God.

Sorry Obama
    Then the actions of the 535 criminals the prowl the halls of congress clearly shows that vowing to god is as worthless as it gets.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains.
    Patrick Henry

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Can anyone here tell me how many times God is mentioned in the Constitution?

You get bonus points if you can tell me what religion Ben Franklin was a member of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

You are free to state or describe your beliefs. Most on this forum will respect your personal convictions.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    You are free to state or describe your beliefs. Most on this forum will respect your personal convictions.
    Was that a response to GryHounnd? Totally non sequitur........ And no most won't.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg