America is a Christian Nation - Page 12
Page 12 of 156 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I would never presume to claim responsibility for postulating this commonly used term in society today. And you are not the first here to feign knowledge of it. Thereby, you could not more clearly illustrate how the Christian blinders have denied you wider knowledge and more productive participation in mainstream society. You don't even understand contemporary terminology. Another member here offered up the numerous colloquial uses for the term "FUD," ostensibly to obfuscate the very real and amazingly relevant use of it on this forum by proselytizers, Obama haters, anti-government crackpots and others such as yourself.

    What a shame how Christianity has blighted the lives of so many.
    Dear Cocked and Locked, I will not insult your intelligence of all of the achronyms I know from my 30 years of higher education. Simply becuase I have never heard of FUD before does not in any way impune my relationship with my Saviour. In fact, it was because of my relationship with my Saviour and speaking of Him on this thread that I was educated on FUD. Thank you very much. Nothing feigned at all.

    Cheers

  2.   
  3. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    "not some inner city ghetto, that christianity has accomplished. "....onlinedad

    Wow........so this thread has degraded to the point that you are now blaiming Christians for inner city ghettos???
    Unbeleivable. I didnt think I would want to put anyone on this site on the ignore list because I appreciate all points of views and debate; however this statement proves the individual to be............well, due nothing more than disdain.
    ahhh come on mojo... it was just a bit of sacrasm

  4. #113
    One final post, and then I refuse to argue with those who think this nation of ours was, or is, a secular nation. I could post a whole book on this stuff, but this will do:

    Here are but a few examples of how our Founders expressed their faith when in positions of authority.

    Hancock called on his home state of Massachusetts to pray, "that universal happiness may be established in the world [and] that all may bow to the scepter of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the whole earth be filled with His glory."

    According to John Adams: "The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God. ... The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity and humanity. ... Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. ... What a Eutopia -- what a Paradise would this region be!"

    Henry wrote, "The Bible ... is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed. ... The great pillars of all government and of social life [are] virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone, that renders us invincible."

    Samuel Adams called on Massachusetts to pray that, "we may with one heart and voice humbly implore His gracious and free pardon through Jesus Christ, supplicating His Divine aid ... [and] above all to cause the religion of Jesus Christ, in its true spirit, to spread far and wide till the whole earth shall be filled with His glory."

    Even those who were cautious about the public expressions of religion left evidence of their views on Christianity.

    Jefferson wrote, "I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others. ... I am a real Christian -- that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."

    Benjamin Franklin wrote, "As to Jesus of Nazareth ... I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see."

    Beyond these many writings -- as if further proof were needed -- our Founders unequivocally enumerated the natural rights of all men in our Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..." These are natural rights -- gifts from God, not government.

    Notably, the conviction that our rights are innately bestowed by "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God," is enumerated in the constitution preamble of every state in our Union.

    Thomas Jefferson proclaimed, "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."
    To those of you who still think we are a nation of atheists and agnostics and secular humanists, you either cannot read, or do not care to know the history of the United States.
    -= Piece Corps =-

  5. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Dear Onlinedad, you are once again not reflecting accurate science on crime, gangs and the breakdown of the family which is seen by sociologists in their studies as one of the greatest contributors to crime.

    Youth Gangs Running Wild in England
    By Stephen Jones
    Epoch Times U.K. Staff

    Young black teenagers in Britain are falling into criminal gangs because of family breakdown and a lack of positive role models, community workers say.

    Epoch Times | Youth Gangs Running Wild in England

    When we tossed God out of the picture, we tossed out much of what was good about our countries as well. Take a look at England which is much farther down the road to paganism and you will see what is coming to America soon. I would rather have what I had when I was a kid for my grand kids but it will not be so.
    wait... you're saying that I am not reflecting accurate science of the causes of crime, but you say its because people dont believe in god? Then you state that because some community workers say that kids are getting into gangs in england, because they're pagan? then its all downhill for us?

    Since when did science and god cooexist peacefully? (this is a pretty general statement, but I'm using it to proove a point). Since religion was formed it has always had a hatred for science. Anything that prooved their faith wrong, scared them. I can get some examples for you if you need it.

    But, instead you are insiting to blame paganism for socities problems? Well, maybe in a sense that paganism is more of a religion based on nature and natural things that occur all around us. Instead of christianity that believes in one god that will forgive all your sins, no matter how bad you screw up nature. And, since paganism is much older than christianity, I can see how christians would want to push out paganism.

    Kids getting into organized crime/gangs has been happening forever. Not just recently in england, and not just black kids. And instead of blaming a lack of god, how about just blaming society in general? The way that we have been forced into a consumer mindset, where we have to buy every new and shiney thing that is advertised on TV. So now not only the father has to work, but so does the mother, just to get the things they WANT. Now that leaves jr. on his/her own to raise themselves, and to find someway to entertain themselves. And, now the kid still sees the crap on tv that they want, so they have to find a way to get that. And a normal job that they could get at their age, education level, will not pay enough for them to buy what they want. So they turn to organized crime, or unorganized crime ... Of course lets not forget about all of the hollywood influences that portrait the black gang banging/pimp type character as being ultra cool and having lots of money, and girls hanging off of them... who wouldnt want that lifestyle?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    wait... you're saying that I am not reflecting accurate science of the causes of crime, but you say its because people dont believe in god? Then you state that because some community workers say that kids are getting into gangs in england, because they're pagan? then its all downhill for us?

    Since when did science and god cooexist peacefully? (this is a pretty general statement, but I'm using it to proove a point). Since religion was formed it has always had a hatred for science. Anything that prooved their faith wrong, scared them. I can get some examples for you if you need it.

    But, instead you are insiting to blame paganism for socities problems? Well, maybe in a sense that paganism is more of a religion based on nature and natural things that occur all around us. Instead of christianity that believes in one god that will forgive all your sins, no matter how bad you screw up nature. And, since paganism is much older than christianity, I can see how christians would want to push out paganism.

    Kids getting into organized crime/gangs has been happening forever. Not just recently in england, and not just black kids. And instead of blaming a lack of god, how about just blaming society in general? The way that we have been forced into a consumer mindset, where we have to buy every new and shiney thing that is advertised on TV. So now not only the father has to work, but so does the mother, just to get the things they WANT. Now that leaves jr. on his/her own to raise themselves, and to find someway to entertain themselves. And, now the kid still sees the crap on tv that they want, so they have to find a way to get that. And a normal job that they could get at their age, education level, will not pay enough for them to buy what they want. So they turn to organized crime, or unorganized crime ... Of course lets not forget about all of the hollywood influences that portrait the black gang banging/pimp type character as being ultra cool and having lots of money, and girls hanging off of them... who wouldnt want that lifestyle?
    Dear Onlinedad, you keep quoting the issues of the Catholic hierarchy and the inquisition against such folks as Galoleo as proof against God. God didn't do that my friend. There is nothing in true science that disagrees with the Bible. I would like to see your so called examples, perhaps the Salem witch hunts? Turns out that the original suspects turned accusations against to throw others off of their trail. It stopped when they accussed the governors wife of witchcraft. In any case, what are your examples of God being afraid of science? I would like to see how your so called examples actually compare to what God does say in the Bible about many issues of natural science. He actually has quite a lot to say about this issue.

    You also seem to be quite unlearned in social science and the effects of the breakdown of the traditional family and traditional values on crime, gangs, etc. Or perhaps you are simply anti-science as well as anti-religion?

    http://www.centreforsocialjustice.or...s_of_crime.pdf (do I really need to post more examples?)

    I would suggest you learn a little more of what you say doesn't exist as far as social science is concerned and where we are heading. You are correct, I did not give proof that England is pagan in my prior post, but that is quite easy to do as well.

    BBC - Religions - Paganism: History of modern Paganism

    So, if you like what we see in pagan England, then just wait a little while and you can have that here in America as well. Yes, America once was a Christian nation, England had its time as a Christian nation as well but has bravely forgotten its history as well. Wycliffe, Tyndale and so many others that bravely spread the gospel at the peril of their own lives. Quite a remarkable story.

  7. #116
    I, like Piece Corps ,have come to the point where it is time to give those that mock God over to their own devices as
    Romans puts it so just a couple of verses then time to let the heathen rage and shake the dust of my feet.

    Mark 6:11 (King James Version)

    11And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

    Matthew 7:6 (King James Version)

    6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  8. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429

    I saw the light

    YouTube - I Saw The Light-Hank Williams
    FOOT STOMPING HILLBILLY MUSIC

  9. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    One final post, and then I refuse to argue with those who think this nation of ours was, or is, a secular nation. I could post a whole book on this stuff, but this will do:

    Here are but a few examples of how our Founders expressed their faith when in positions of authority.

    To those of you who still think we are a nation of atheists and agnostics and secular humanists, you either cannot read, or do not care to know the history of the United States.
    Or they are just being deliberately obtuse in the face of all the evidence.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  10. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I, like Piece Corps ,have come to the point where it is time to give those that mock God over to their own devices as
    Romans puts it so just a couple of verses then time to let the heathen rage and shake the dust of my feet.

    Mark 6:11 (King James Version)

    11And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

    Matthew 7:6 (King James Version)

    6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    You beat me to Matt 7, HK4U. It is evident that these people do not wish to just have Christianity not mentioned in government, but do not wish to hear it mentioned in public. They are angered by roadside crosses honoring those loved ones who died. They are angered by church steeples, with the cross at the top. They are angered that, in the middle of a desert, a small cross sitting on a small hill dedicated to those who served in defense of our country has to be looked at while driving by. They are angered by crosses in cemeteries. They are angered by Christmas trees, creche scenes, etc. IOW, they are angered that they have to live with Christians who openly profess their faith. It would be better if Christians just shut up and went away. But the real reason is that they are convicted. They cannot live in abortion, prostitution, pornography, corruption and other crimes as long as there is someone, somewhere, who believes in an absolute truth, a Higher Authority, as it were. There is no God, only themselves.

    And that is truly sad. And that's all I have to say about that. No more posts in this thread.
    -= Piece Corps =-

  11. #120
    mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    You beat me to Matt 7, HK4U. It is evident that these people do not wish to just have Christianity not mentioned in government, but do not wish to hear it mentioned in public. They are angered by roadside crosses honoring those loved ones who died. They are angered by church steeples, with the cross at the top. They are angered that, in the middle of a desert, a small cross sitting on a small hill dedicated to those who served in defense of our country has to be looked at while driving by. They are angered by crosses in cemeteries. They are angered by Christmas trees, creche scenes, etc. IOW, they are angered that they have to live with Christians who openly profess their faith. It would be better if Christians just shut up and went away. But the real reason is that they are convicted. They cannot live in abortion, prostitution, pornography, corruption and other crimes as long as there is someone, somewhere, who believes in an absolute truth, a Higher Authority, as it were. There is no God, only themselves.

    And that is truly sad. And that's all I have to say about that. No more posts in this thread.
    That about wraps it up with a bow.......some should be careful what they wish for. One day they will wake up, Christians will be in chains and they will be living under sharia. Now thats something that should scare the hell out of them!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast