America is a Christian Nation - Page 122
Page 122 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #1211
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Historians, like scientists constantly change their positions based on new evidence. Columbia's take, and that of most other colleges and universities, was the prevailing view when you went there. You must not have been a very good student, or you would realize that scholars constantly revise conventional wisdom. BTW, "Columbia" didn't have a position on this (or any other academic-content matter); individual instructors and professors did, as did their textbooks. Name-dropping of college names and invoking credentials is an amateurish and illogical way to approach an issue.
    Once again you make another unfounded, generalized statement about someone you don't know. I wasn't a good student? Where did I go to school please... and what was my GPA? What is on my CV? When you have that you can make a statement about it. Until then you're merely spouting obtuse generalized statements you don't know to be true. I believe that would actually be the amateurish behavior. BTW, the course syllabus appears to be the same as when I went there.
    .
    As far as that education? I look-up and see those diplomas on my wall and feel incredibly proud of the accomplishment.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. #1212
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Fine, but don't ask me to pay for your abortion. Don't shove it don my throat.
    Really, and which elected atheists have pass legislation that forces "us" to pay for these abortions?

    I eagerly await your list, no matter how short it will be!
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  4. #1213
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    No, taxpayers should not be paying for it, or the premium cuts of meat I see them buying with their EBT card in the grocery store.

    But it is none of my damn business, or yours, if they choose to have an abortion, or pay for that premium cut of meat with their money.
    I agree completely. Just because a person is poor doesn't mean they can never have a steak. I would be against any fed program that tried to tell the poor what they can and can't do just because they rely on government assistance.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #1214
    This includes illegal immigrants, maybe especially illegal immigrants.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images America is a Christian Nation-1417371941166.jpg 

  6. #1215
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Now why did you add "without compensation" to my statement?
    .
    Justify your act. Why did you try to change the meaning of what I wrote? Because you needed to do ANYTHING to win a point. You're done... and only 107 posts. You can't be trusted any longer. I can't read your response because you might have changed the question to benefit your answer. No longer any credibility for the progressive.
    When I said no compensation I should have been more clear, I meant no holiday differential which is a standard employment practice when requiring an employee to work a holiday.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

  7. #1216
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I didn't say I was insulted or offended. I reminded you that your mother taught you manners. Manners are quite different than PC.
    .
    No, you have to go to work. No holiday pay, it's not a holiday for you. Yes, I'm singling you out as an atheist. Christmas, as a holiday may have many meanings but it is a national holiday ONLY because it is the day society chose to celebrate the birth of Christ. It isn't a federal holiday for any pagan or other reason. Discrimination occurs when the civil rights of an individual are denied or interfered with because of their membership in a particular group or class... ie; religion. But if you are Godless, one without religious beliefs, how can you claim a violation of your non-religious beliefs when forced to work on a religious holiday? You have no religion to be deprived of. Unless of course atheism is a religion?????????????? No. You'll sue under the CRA.
    .
    In addition, let's not be hypocrites. You should leave the Christmas cookies alone out of principal.
    And just for reference here is what I was citing in its entirety.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

  8. #1217
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Fine, but don't ask me to pay for your abortion. Don't shove it don my throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Really, and which elected atheists have pass legislation that forces "us" to pay for these abortions?

    I eagerly await your list, no matter how short it will be!
    Aw, come on, when is your superior education going to kick in and attack me for saying 'we' (the taxpayers) are paying for abortions, when in fact we don't, because the Hyde Amendment has prevented federal tax dollars from being used to pay for abortions for the past 30 years.

    But still waiting on your list of atheists that "want" you to pay for them. After all you say it is being "forced down your throat", but in reality I think you are gagging on your own ignorance about our government and your perceptions. After all you admitted you don't know what posse comitatus provides or that you even care. (let me remind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And the reason I don't know about Posse Comitatus is because I don't care about it. The entire thing is bull$h!te. It's unconstitutional. I believe in the U.S. Constitution and the protection of the Bill of Rights.
    Then you hate it, and insult those that have put their ass on the line to defend it, unlike you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I'm done with this crap-hole called America. This country can kiss my ass. I would NEVER allow ANY member of my family to take that oath of hypocrisy. They will go to college, not some white man's war.
    .
    Wake-up and smell the crap you're selling. Only a damn fool joins the military in these times.
    Then you love and defend this country (probably because you did OK, and didn't have to invest any skin in defending it)
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Opportunity, standard of living, freedom from oppression. People complicate their own lives. People fail to endeavor and then blame others. However, it's dwindling. The "gimmies" are killing America.
    You boast about your accomplishments, something that successful people don't normally do, unless they are complete asshats like Trump but the reality is:
    • 13th in starting a business
    • 47th in freedom of the press
    • 20th in international trade
    • 15th in dealing with debt insolvency
    • 10th in economic freedom
    • 25th among developing countries to be a mother
    • 21st in freedom from corruption
    • 24th in perceived honesty
    • 39th in income inequality
    • 89th in percentage of children who have been vaccinated
    • 47th in infant survival
    • 50th in life expectancy
    • 169th in GNP growth
    • 12th in GDP per capita
    • 102nd in unemployment
    • 142nd in infrastructure investment
    • 192nd in debt relative to GDP
    • 79th in industrial production
    • 192nd (dead last) in net trade of goods and services
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  9. #1218
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,892
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Last night the news ran a story about a school district that can't have decorations because ONE parent objected. Why does that parent's will trump the will of everyone else. No law is being broken by a Christmas tree in a school lobby. A little nutty don't you think? I respect those who don't believe but they won't respect me.

    Yup, and these circumstances will continue to wax worse & worse just like God prophesied. It's called POETIC JUSTICE and it's here to stay.

    Romans 1:28

    "Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do things that should never be done.


    Life Is Good.


    MARANATHA!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  10. #1219
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    No, taxpayers should not be paying for it, or the premium cuts of meat I see them buying with their EBT card in the grocery store.

    But it is none of my damn business, or yours, if they choose to have an abortion, or pay for that premium cut of meat with their money.
    Wrong, It's my damn business if I am funding it. And guess what? The Supreme Court agrees.
    Chief

  11. #1220
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Aw, come on, when is your superior education going to kick in and attack me for saying 'we' (the taxpayers) are paying for abortions, when in fact we don't, because the Hyde Amendment has prevented federal tax dollars from being used to pay for abortions for the past 30 years...
    Which is BS, when the Federal Government can mandate that we purchase (or provide) health insurance, which in turn funds abortion. Obamacare has cancelled the policies of otherwise insured Americans because those policies did not meet the Federally Mandated requirement that they cover abortion.
    Chief

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast