America is a Christian Nation - Page 130
Page 130 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    Looks like atheists really aren't the only ones guilty of trying to stretch the law to suit their own ends. In this case I say good. Creationism is not the same as real scientific theory. When your whole case is based on trying to explain away repeatable and verifiable scientific discoveries, and you try to replace it with a literal interpretation of 2 chapters of the bible, you can't be taken seriously.

The bible is a book of faith, it is not a textbook.

Federal judge slaps down Kansas creationist lawsuit claiming evolution a ?religious belief?
    I would recommend that if you are truly intelligent and open to scientific interpretations of events that you spend the time to watch this video. The problems with Darwin's "Science" can be challenged not only by religion, but by scientists. This is a 1:40:00 documentary, not a brief diatribe by zealots. Watch with an open mind or don't bother.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=jZn5qo6Q6IY
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I would recommend that if you are truly intelligent and open to scientific interpretations of events that you spend the time to watch this video. The problems with Darwin's "Science" can be challenged not only by religion, but by scientists. This is a 1:40:00 documentary, not a brief diatribe by zealots. Watch with an open mind or don't bother.
    I don't have an open mind in that direction. I spent part of my formal education regurgitating their "facts". As I stated, when your "theory" is spent trying to poke holes in another theory rather than gathering presenting real evidence of your own, you have no case.

I don't discount the fact that God created the universe. I just believe in Occams Razor, the simplest explanation is the most likely. In this case, that events in the bible are a metaphor for what science has revealed happened. Time scale in this case is irrelevant, belief in 7 literal days is not necessary. God set in place the physical laws of our universe, they are as much a revealed truth as the bible. They are as absolute as anything the bible says is a law. God being God is perfectly capable of creating life and the universe using those laws.

The "how" is independent of my incomplete understanding of either the bible or the universe, we are continually learning more about both. Why should I have the hubris to presume I understand either completely and force one to fit the other? Faith is faith, scientific fact is scientific fact. Both are independently complete and are not equivalent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

That is the marvelous thing about science, it is always testing its own theories and conclusions to further validate or disprove its understand in the constant search for the truth. Though Darwin had some things wrong, the basic concept of evolution has stood the test of intense scrutiny by science.

Einstein also made some errors or incorrect assumptions, even with his E=mc2, but which was later discovered because it was challenged, and guess what, Nuclear bombs do actually go BOOM.

Religion on the other hand is simply stuck in the ignorance of men that believed the sun was carried across the sky on a chariot every day. The 2000 year old bible says so, case closed; the ultimate embrace of willful ignorance.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I don't have an open mind in that direction. I spent part of my formal education regurgitating their "facts". As I stated, when your "theory" is spent trying to poke holes in another theory rather than gathering presenting real evidence of your own, you have no case.
    What you are saying is that you didn't watch the video. The real evidence presented is exactly what pokes holes in the THEORY of evolution. As scientists, of course they have their own theory, but they do not argue theory against theory with no evidence. Watch it or don't make random comments about it.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    That is the marvelous thing about science, it is always testing its own theories and conclusions to further validate or disprove its understand in the constant search for the truth. Though Darwin had some things wrong, the basic concept of evolution has stood the test of intense scrutiny by science.
    Wrong, his "theory" has been accepted by the masses for lack of another option that did not include creation. The intense scrutiny you speak of is exactly like the "intense scrutiny" to back up the theory of man-made climate change. All it takes is a fact or two to disprove any theory. The facts are there in both cases.
    Chief

What you are saying is that you didn't watch the video. The real evidence presented is exactly what pokes holes in the THEORY of evolution. As scientists, of course they have their own theory, but they do not argue theory against theory with no evidence. Watch it or don't make random comments about it.
    What I am saying is that no, I won't waste 1 hour and 40 minutes of my life watching material I am already thoroughly familiar with. The mechanism of evolution is thoroughly studied and supported. Need an every day example of evolution in action? Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus MRSA. The mechanism of evolution has allowed bacteria to develop significant resistance to anti-biotics, in turn threatening us. There are other examples I could give, but that is sufficient for this conversation.

Blog Entries

My new Christmas Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ln01p1M2cH0

Spread the message Merry Christmas
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    Got to chuckle when I see stuff like this, focusing on the commercial and material aspects of Christmas, under the guise of a religious event. If it's such a special religious holiday, what the hell are you doing at the mall fighting over discounted TV's, shouldn't you be at a church?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

What I am saying is that no, I won't waste 1 hour and 40 minutes of my life watching material I am already thoroughly familiar with. The mechanism of evolution is thoroughly studied and supported. Need an every day example of evolution in action? Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus MRSA. The mechanism of evolution has allowed bacteria to develop significant resistance to anti-biotics, in turn threatening us. There are other examples I could give, but that is sufficient for this conversation.
    However, when MRSA "evolved", the strains that they originated from did not disappear. There are now just more versions of it. If we evolved from single celled organisms in the water, why are those single celled organisms still around? Why then are there no "middle of the evolutionary chain" ape men in existence? Trust me, you are not "thoroughly familiar" with the ideas presented in this video. I have also been interested in this subject for a while, and I had never heard it presented in this way or with these facts. Open your mind. Evidence is there and presented in a way that is hard to refute. If you choose to ignore it, or argue against it without even looking at the facts it presents, you define yourself.
    Chief

However, when MRSA "evolved", the strains that they originated from did not disappear. There are now just more versions of it. If we evolved from single celled organisms in the water, why are those single celled organisms still around? Why then are there no "middle of the evolutionary chain" ape men in existence? Trust me, you are not "thoroughly familiar" with the ideas presented in this video. I have also been interested in this subject for a while, and I had never heard it presented in this way or with these facts. Open your mind. Evidence is there and presented in a way that is hard to refute. If you choose to ignore it, or argue against it without even looking at the facts it presents, you define yourself.
    Tell me, why were there were originally 12 sub species of Galapogos Giant Tortises and now there are 10? It would be because the Pinta Island and Florence Island subspecies have gone extinct. So why are there still 10 species left? Answer to all three questions is because some species go extinct due to environmental pressures while some survive to reproduce.

As I stated before, attempting to poke holes in a theory without offering verifable proof of your own doesn't give tou a valid theory. I can show you verifable & repeatable evolutionary results through the mechanisms of genetic and epigenetics. What do you got?