America is a Christian Nation - Page 134
Page 134 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #1331
    America is a Christian Nation-head-up-ass.jpg

    Look, proof creationists did evolve.

  2.   
  3. #1332
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Wrong interpretation. All animals have the ability to adapt to their environment. The same species of dog placed in different environments will eventually take varying paths and each will eventually take on different traits. They will never become anything but a dog. This is where Darwin et.al. made the wrong assumptions. Adaptation could be called evolution if you choose, since they do "evolve" into a version of the species better suited to their environment. There is ZERO evidence of an animal jumping from one Genus to another.
    Reaaallly?

    Evolutionary biologists have written extensively about how natural selection produces new species, and speciation IS considered macroevolution. Macroevolution (as you call it, even though biologically there is no distinction) occurs if a population of organisms is isolated from the rest of its species and is subjected to different selective pressures over a large amount of time. Changes accumulate in the isolated population. If those changes became so significant that the splinter group cannot breed with the original stock, then the splinter group is reproductively isolated and becomes a new species.

    The perfect and classic example of this is Lake Victoria. The “species flock” of over 600 species of cichlid fish in Lake Victoria have all diverged within the past 15,000 years. Lake Victoria, was formed by block faulting in the African great rift valley. Geological evidence indicates that the lake was originally formed about 400,000 years ago, but dried out about 15,000 years ago. It subsequently refilled, and the 600+ species of cichlid fish have adaptively evolved during that period of time.

    The lake constitutes a single, albeit very large ecosystem, and the fish in Lake Victoria have undergone a massive evolutionary divergence. That this is the case is further supported by the observation that while extraordinary variation is seen among these fish, there has been almost no genetic variation, except for a very small number of genes. The adaptive evolution of cichlids of Lake Victoria has been driven by a combination of adaptation to a myriad of environmental niches. Yes they are all fish, but are so different that a casual examination of them would not lead one to classify any two types of fish as being closely related genetically.

    Ahhh, you say, but they're still fish, they still need to stay in water, where's your intermediate species? I show you the snakehead fish, you might be familiar with them. They are a good example of an intermediate species which exists in water, but breathe air through primitive lungs, and can move on land between stagnant pools of water and live water. Mudskippers are another good example, they are primarily fish, but breathe out of water through their skin similar to amphibians.

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Wrong at the inception. You do not need to PROVE one theory in order to DISPROVE another. You can have all the facts you want that tend to support (not PROVE) a theory. It takes only one single fact to disprove a theory. That is how it works. No matter what theory there is, a single solitary fact that shows it is not possible disproves the theory, regardless of mountains of evidence that show it is possible. It is also possible for one fact to conclusively prove a theory. That has yet to happen with the theory of evolution, or there would be no debate.
    Again, Reeeally?

    Gravity is a "THEORY", we know HOW it works, but we don't know exactly where it originates, why it exists, why it is relatively weaker than the other "fundamental interactions" of physics those being - gravitational, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear "forces". We understand the last 3 forces fairly well, but gravitational theory questions drives a lot of current physics research. But if you think the "THEORY" of gravity is false because you can poke holes in it, go ahead and try disproving it by stepping off of a tall building. By all means please attempt to disprove it. Relativity is another "THEORY". Einstein got A LOT of things right, but he also messed up a few things. People have been poking holes in it for years, we're even coming back and reexamining some of the stuff we thought he got wrong because we don't understand everything.
    But for all that, there's a lot we can verify, and a lot he got right. Mistakes don't invalidate the whole theory. Just because you can poke holes in some of the parts of a theory, it doesn't mean the scientists have got the mechanics of it wrong or that the whole theory is garbage.

  4. #1333
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Real quick, then I'm done with you because you won't listen.
    -
    Dig into a Biology Book. Look up Species and find that it is the lowest division on the totem pole. The difference between different dogs fall under that category, and every difference within a GENUSis defined by species. But the simple FACT is that dogs are still dogs (and apes still apes), and always will be.
    -
    Your example of gravity. It is a proven FACT that we indeed have gravity. There are THEORIES on what causes it but the fact that it exists is not in question. After scientists prove or disprove something, E=MC2 is either right or wrong. If it is wrong or incomplete the formula changes (new theory).
    Chief

  5. #1334
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Real quick, then I'm done with you because you won't listen.
    -
    Dig into a Biology Book. Look up Species and find that it is the lowest division on the totem pole. The difference between a different dogs fall under that category, and every difference within a GENUSis defined by species. But the simple FACT is that dogs are still dogs (and apes still apes), and always will be.
    -
    Your example of gravity. It is a proven FACT that we indeed have gravity. There are THEORIES on what causes it but the fact that it exists is not in question. After scientists prove or disprove something, E=MC2 is either right or wrong. If it is wrong or incomplete the formula changes (new theory).
    Wow, really you're done with me so soon? What convinced you my mind can't be changed? Was it the fact that I can bring up valid examples all day long to prove creationism is garbage? Or was it the fact that I have repeatedly said creation science is garbage? Or is it the fact that just because you wish creationism was accepted by real scientists, it still doesn't make it true?

    Wait, wait I know, its because I SAID I don't accept it as a valid theory.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

  6. #1335
    Geez... where is Curly?

    sinful nature is always hostile to God....

  7. #1336
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    Wow, really you're done with me so soon? What convinced you my mind can't be changed? Was it the fact that I can bring up valid examples all day long to prove creationism is garbage? Or was it the fact that I have repeatedly said creation science is garbage? Or is it the fact that just because you wish creationism was accepted by real scientists, it still doesn't make it true?

    Wait, wait I know, its because I SAID I don't accept it as a valid theory.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app
    So, are these PHONEY scientists?...

    - Dr. Brian Josephson (winner of the Nobel prize for Physics, 1973)
    - Dr. Richard Smalley (winner of the Nobel prize for Chemistry, 1996)
    - Abdus Salam (1926-1996), a winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics
    - Sir John Eccles (1903-1997), winner of the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine in 1963
    - Ernst Boris Chain (1906-1979), winner of the 1945 Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology
    - Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), winner of the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1945
    - Sir Fred Hoyle, FRS (1915 – 2001) was an English astronomer and mathematician who is famous for having developed the Steady State Theory
    - Raymond Damadian (b. 1936) inventor of MRI, who missed out on winning the 2003 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine

    All argued for ID or against Darwinian evolution...
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

  8. #1337
    There you have it nosreme..does all that stuff come from socialism or communism? I know, I know we are not worthly of an answer, just a bigotry type riddle.

    sinful nature is always hostile to God....

  9. America is a Christian Nation-its-duck.jpg

  10. #1339
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    nosreme, I've never seen the little rabbit thing but thought it was funny. I'm not going to get in on this debate one way or the other, there's no point. Just be good people, don't take other peoples' stuff, learn and teach respect and enjoy life. I don't care what deity someone follows, or doesn't follow. All I care about is whether or not a person is good, it doesn't matter how they got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  11. #1340
    LOL...like anyone could ever believe or trust Anything you post. Now that's funny. Thank you. Keep it up.

    sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 08:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast