America is a Christian Nation - Page 139
Page 139 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Ringo... Thank God through Jesus Christ we have a way to be forgiven of our sins. Psalms 36:1-4 NLT Sin whispers to the wicked, deep within their hearts. They have no fear of God at all. In their blind conceit, they cannot see how wicked they really are. Everything they say is crooked and deceitful. They refuse to act wisely or do good. They lie awake at night, hatching sinful plots. Their actions are never good. They make no attempt to turn from evil.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Paranoia+ borderline pathological obsession= ?
    Paranoid + borderline pathological obsession = atheist who fights with everyone over religion
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Paranoid + borderline pathological obsession = atheist who fights with everyone over religion
    It is foolish NOT to fight threats to freedoms.

We are allies in the gun rights battle against the anti-gun crowd for the simple reason they threaten our freedom and rights.

We are foes in the religious debate when any religion attempts to impose their religion laws on society for the simple reason you threaten my freedom and rights.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post

We are allies in the gun rights battle against the anti-gun crowd for the simple reason they threaten our freedom and rights.

We are foes in the religious debate when any religion attempts to impose their religion laws on society for the simple reason you threaten my freedom and rights.
    Glad to see that we are not at odds on everything. Really, we shouldn't be foes in matters of religion. I (we) do not try to impose religion on people. We have been happy in most matters of religion and have tolerated differences or opposition quite well. It is only when non-believers try to impose THEIR lack of religion on us. I accept the fact that some do not believe in God and am content to leave them to their own ideas. When non-believers try to tear down the rules we have lived by for so many years solely because they don't believe, I do get upset. We have lived by the Ten Commandments and Levitical law for many years and, if one takes the time to really investigate those laws, it is easy to see why they were written, regardless of who wrote them. Marriage laws, as written, prevent physical impairments in children created by the union of close kin. Genetics can easily prove that. Relations of all close relatives is forbidden, not only from genetics but from moral laws. Homosexuality is forbidden but people today are trying to contradict God Himself by denying that. Those are only a couple of examples and there are more. But, rather than go into a long drawn out discussion, we are content living by Biblical laws. If others are not, fine. Do your thing but leave us alone. Quit trying to destroy my values and impose yours on me. Simple solution but it will not happen because Old Scratch is taking over this world with any who would follow him. I have my God and will follow Him until I die (which probably won't be too much longer) and know He will be waiting for me. Doesn't get any better than that! Even so, come Lord Jesus!

6. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Do you mean things like murder laws? Where do you think that idea came from. And like laws against stealing???
    You need to get a life.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

See there you go again nosreme...extreme... really? OG put it plain. No wall. No ban. No attack.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post

I can't think of any instance where someone's religion hurts your freedom.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Funny. And accurate. The purpose of the first amendment is not to keep religion out of government, it's to keep government out of religion. And to cross that boundary into government through court actions (like Hobby Lobby) when they don't.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    Do you mean things like murder laws? Where do you think that idea came from. And like laws against stealing???
    You need to get a life.
    Now who is being silly?

Laws against theft and murder exist in every single society, regardless of the religion or lack of. There is a natural morality that people will have, and it doesn't need to be propped up by some collection of fairy tales.

Blue laws, laws that discriminate against any group of people, most of which have been overturned by common sense and the courts. Laws forcing the teaching the utter nonsense of creation in science classes, the attempt by many to impose laws that would be a total ban on birth control of any kind. Most have failed, but that does not mean it is not a threat to society. Bush#2 and his religious views set back medical research in stem cells at least a decade, science that saves lives.

Of course the one in the lime light today is same sex marriage, but you don't have look very far back to find others based on religion. Until 1969 an interracial couple could not get married in most of the buy bull belt. Before that segregation, both in society and our schools, before that women's rights as it was just about a century ago they finally won the right to even vote. All justified by the hate that is so easily found in your buy bull.

Look at the so called big 10 laws laid down by your imaginary friend. The first FOUR have nothing to do with how man treats man, but it is all about kowtowing to the fragile ego of a very insecure and most unpleasant bastard.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I can't think of any instance where someone's religion hurts your freedom.
    It has directly effected and deeply hurt people I call friends. Unlike christians, you might be surprised to learn that atheists are emphatic towards others.

I can't even go hunting with a gun on Sunday.

I can't buy a beer on Sunday morning. Many states still have a total ban on alcohol sales on Sunday.

It used to be even sillier, but common sense and the courts have pushed back the ignorance of knuckle dragging bible thumpers. I remember when you could only buy stuff on Sunday that was needed to eat. Meaning you could buy food, and even paper towels because they can be used to prepare food. However toilet paper sales were banned on Sunday, because it isn't necessary to eat. That is a special kind of stupid, reserved primarily for those who seek knowledge from fairy tales, and believe they have the right to force it down everyone throat.