America is a Christian Nation - Page 14
Page 14 of 156 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    well the only thing that you have right here is that I do not want to have any religion involved with gov't. If you want to have public speakers, or road signs or whatever else, that does not anger me. I am not the one trying to repress your beliefs. I just dont want you to constantly be preaching in my face. You can have your opinions just as well as I can have mine. But, for you to say I'm wrong, and for you to believe you are better than everyone else, just because you believe in one god, is where I start to get angered. We are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours
    Quite simple, because of the record of God's Son in the Bible. Sorry, I don't buy your definition of an atheist either.

3. Dear Onlinedad, one more quick response, stem cell research, I have absolutely no problem what so ever with stem cell research as long as you don't kill the donor of the cells. You can harvest stem cells from an old man like me over 50 years old. The greatest available source of stem cells is cord blood from a full term pregnancy. Have you ever heard in our slanted liberal media about that? No, they want to justify abortion by any means possible. Stem cells is an abortion issue, not a science issue. By the way, I am a board certified internal medicine doctor, so I do know what I am talking about with this issue. So, why do we oppose fetal stem cell research, because they kill the donor. If they killed the kidney donor or the bone marrow donor, that would also be murder for the purpose of doing good. Life starts at conception with many, many scientific proofs of that. So, once again, you confuse the abortion issue with a science issue which it is not at all. Go to it with all the cord blood you want. There is a very available supply for that research. Why insist on killing the baby to get what you can get from cord blood and not killing the baby? Please remember that just about all pagan civilizations kill their babies, we are no different.

For all you guys who don't believe in the existence of the "spirit world":

I'm in the dojang one nite last week working out with a cop friend. We're the only two in the entire gym (this is a free-standing building, one floor, no close neighbors, which has multiple rooms). At one point as we're doing a drill, I thought I heard faint voices in the other room. Before I could react, cop friend stops and asks if I heard the voices. Yup. Puzzled, we clear the entire gym, other workout rooms, dressing rooms etc. Nothing, and all doors are locked. Huh. So we go back to training.

Last nite, we're there and just before we leave, we remark jokingly to the head instructor that we think the place is haunted. "Oh, yeah", he nonchalantly replies, "we've known that for years; we've heard voices many times, usually later at nite". We hadn't mentioned the voices, so his response added to our amazement.

I'm a Christian so I'm not real surprised (although the hair on the back of my neck stood up). Cop friend is not a Christian, but he's thinking, I can tell you that.

There ya go. Verifiable by trained LEO and a couple black belts, no-nonsense kind of guys.

Of course, some atheist will suggest "mass hysteria" or something...(sigh)...whatever.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    " But really? isn't christianity an offshoot of catholism (in its basic premise?) just with a few different traditions?
    NO, Catholicism is an offshoot of Christianity. I'll keep it short and sweet...Constantine put a halt to the persecution of Christians. You can say that Constantine was the FIRST CATHOLIC, because he COMBINED Christian "faith" with Roman"pagan religion" & tradition, establishing the Roman Catholic "religion" (Catholicism).
    Christianity is a "faith" established by Christ and in Christ. Catholicism is a "religion" established by man in pagan tradition and ceremony, creating a hierarchy counterfeit to the true Gospel.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

It's a free country...
    If you want to believe in Tickle Me Elmo as a religious icon, then that's as good as any I guess...

I would rather look for the actual answers to things...
    Rather than have some delusional guy tell me 'God Wants It That Way'.

Guys harping about Jewish folks, Amish folks, ect.
    I think it's because they have ACTUAL beliefs and they live what they preach.

Jewish communities, Amish communities you see people dealing with the same folks over and over again.
    You have to be a square shooter, honor you words and contracts, or the word gets out pretty quickly that you can't be trusted.

They raise their kids, teach them a trade, build a business then pass that business on to their kids.
    They are looking on to the future of their communities, and the welfare of their off spring and the area they will probably live in.

I deal with both the Jewish and Amish communities in my business, and I've NEVER had an issue with them.
    They pay their bills, honor their contracts, treat their neighbors like friends and family, and take care of the land they are living on.

On the other hand, I watch out for anyone referencing 'Jesus' or wearing crosses.
    They have a tendency to gripe, complain, not pay their bills, ignore/dispute contracts, waste and pollute like crazy,
    And they can justify ANYTHING they want to do right now, no matter what the consequences to others, including their very own families and neighbors.

Jewish or Amish have never burdened me with forced prayer time during city/county council meeting like the 'Christians' do,
    And I'm not required to pay lip service to 'God' or 'Jesus' before I can get something done.

It's also the Jewish and Amish communities that respond FIRST to disasters, both large and small.
    Someone in the community has a house that burns down, the Amish are the first to show up, clean up,
    Build new homes, and worry about money later.
    Recently, a CATHOLIC family had a home burn down,
    The Amish came along and rebuilt the home, not just basic shelter, but a much nicer home then they had before...

The home has 40 year warranty on shingles, it has expanding foam insulation, it's VERY energy efficient, it's got a lot of windows and it's spacious with very good cabinets.
    The fit and finish is top notch, something I would like to own, and I'm VERY particular about my homes!

The local Jewish relief fund showed up with all the house goods, furniture, dishes, flatware, beds, ect.,
    Not used junk, but new, quality stuff (and virtually all of it made in the USA!),

This all while the Catholic church was sitting on it's hands!
    The Catholic church actually had the gall to send them a bill for using the local community center for a shelter for ONE NIGHT, the night their house burned to the ground!

Both were retired, the man is blind, and the 'Christians' have sent bills for 'Donations' to the Catholic church when these people living on social security have NOTHING!

I facilitated the note for the home construction, (after the home was built, not one dollar was promised or asked for when the Amish community built the home on their own)

After the Amish whittled the bill down to where they though it should be, the home owners came out with 1,300 square feet of energy efficient living space for just over $30,000,
    And then the Jewish relief fund pumped $13,000 into that to pay some of it off!

Not one dollar from the Catholics or 'Christian' churches all over the area.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

You can keep bashing the 'Jews' or the 'Amish' or any other ethnic group you want to,
    What ever makes you feel 'Superior' to someone else...

What I've seen truly makes me feel good about my Amish and Jewish neighbors.
    I can't say much for the government sucking 'Christian' churches around here, or the people that frequent them...

And while we are on the subject,
    My 'Mexican' neighbors seem to be good people also.
    Mow their yards, raise their kids, pay their taxes, fix up their homes, and have contributed time, labor & materials to Habitat For Humanity, rebuilt or remodeled homes for disabled, including wounded vets, and generally are good neighbors.

They don't crap on families that don't go to 'Their' church, they don't stuff my mail box with religious crap, they don't knock on my door trying to convert me...
    And they pitched in and helped clean up the neighborhood when we organized a community clean up and fix up last year.

The Catholics boycotted the effort because the Jewish were helping,
    The 'Christians' boycotted because there were Jewish and Hispanics.

I personally believe they didn't show up because they are lazy and there was nothing to steal...
    But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    It's a free country...
    If you want to believe in Tickle Me Elmo as a religious icon, then that's as good as any I guess...

Jewish communities, Amish communities you see people dealing with the same folks over and over again.
    You have to be a square shooter, honor you words and contracts, or the word gets out pretty quickly that you can't be trusted.

They raise their kids, teach them a trade, build a business then pass that business on to their kids.
    They are looking on to the future of their communities, and the welfare of their off spring and the area they will probably live in.

I deal with both the Jewish and Amish communities in my business, and I've NEVER had an issue with them.
    They pay their bills, honor their contracts, treat their neighbors like friends and family, and take care of the land they are living on.

On the other hand, I watch out for anyone referencing 'Jesus' or wearing crosses.
    They have a tendency to gripe, complain, not pay their bills, ignore/dispute contracts, waste and pollute like crazy,
    And they can justify ANYTHING they want to do right now, no matter what the consequences to others, including their very own families and neighbors.

Jewish or Amish have never burdened me with forced prayer time during city/county council meeting like the 'Christians' do,
    And I'm not required to pay lip service to 'God' or 'Jesus' before I can get something done.

It's also the Jewish and Amish communities that respond FIRST to disasters, both large and small.
    Someone in the community has a house that burns down, the Amish are the first to show up, clean up,
    The Amish came along and rebuilt the home, not just basic shelter, but a much nicer home then they had before...

The home has 40 year warranty on shingles, it has expanding foam insulation, it's VERY energy efficient, it's got a lot of windows and it's spacious with very good cabinets.
    The fit and finish is top notch, something I would like to own, and I'm VERY particular about my homes!

The local Jewish relief fund showed up with all the house goods, furniture, dishes, flatware, beds, ect.,
    Not used junk, but new, quality stuff (and virtually all of it made in the USA!),

The Catholic church actually had the gall to send them a bill for using the local community center for a shelter for ONE NIGHT, the night their house burned to the ground!

Both were retired, the man is blind, and the 'Christians' have sent bills for 'Donations' to the Catholic church when these people living on social security have NOTHING!

I facilitated the note for the home construction, (after the home was built, not one dollar was promised or asked for when the Amish community built the home on their own)

After the Amish whittled the bill down to where they though it should be, the home owners came out with 1,300 square feet of energy efficient living space for just over $30,000,

You can keep bashing the 'Jews' or the 'Amish' or any other ethnic group you want to,

I can't say much for the government sucking 'Christian' churches around here, or the people that frequent them...

Mow their yards, raise their kids, pay their taxes, fix up their homes, and have contributed time, labor & materials to Habitat For Humanity, rebuilt or remodeled homes for disabled, including wounded vets, and generally are good neighbors.

They don't crap on families that don't go to 'Their' church, they don't stuff my mail box with religious crap, they don't knock on my door trying to convert me...
    And they pitched in and helped clean up the neighborhood when we organized a community clean up and fix up last year.

I personally believe they didn't show up because they are lazy and there was nothing to steal...

Personally I think you are the one that is delusional but as you say it is a free country and you certainly have the right to be wrong.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    It's a free country...

Never bashed any of these as you accuse, simply disavowed what was relegated to Christians when it was otherwise. Sorry you hate Christians so much, but your views of us are greatly distorted as well. Just my opinion. You have not in the least described me or my church in your response. Unfortunately, many the go to so called Christian churches today have never been truly converted and are not born again in God's eyes. There is a lot of what we call "easy believism" out there that is a great disservice to the cause of Christ. On the other hand, many such as myself do pay our bills and all of those things that you admired in the Jewish and Amish community. Your post is quite bigoted in that sense and does not in the least represent me or many God fearing people that I know. In fact, Christians are the one group that you can have open season against without calls of civil rights violations just as the Bible said would come. I say, bring it on, I know where I am going. Hope you find the true God of the Bible before it is too late for you since we are entering the times of the second coming. It will not be pretty. Find the real truth by reading the Bible for yourself, that is the test of its veracity, not how many bad examples of so called Christians you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Never bashed any of these as you accuse, simply disavowed what was relegated to Christians when it was otherwise. Sorry you hate Christians so much, but your views of us are greatly distorted as well. Just my opinion. You have not in the least described me or my church in your response. Unfortunately, many the go to so called Christian churches today have never been truly converted and are not born again in God's eyes. There is a lot of what we call "easy believism" out there that is a great disservice to the cause of Christ. On the other hand, many such as myself do pay our bills and all of those things that you admired in the Jewish and Amish community. Your post is quite bigoted in that sense and does not in the least represent me or many God fearing people that I know. In fact, Christians are the one group that you can have open season against without calls of civil rights violations just as the Bible said would come. I say, bring it on, I know where I am going. Hope you find the true God of the Bible before it is too late for you since we are entering the times of the second coming. It will not be pretty. Find the real truth by reading the Bible for yourself, that is the test of its veracity, not how many bad examples of so called Christians you can find.
    +1 Well said.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Just to Clarify

America is generally considered to be the Western hemisphere, comprised of the North, Central and South American continents/regions of the world.

The United States is a country of approximately 60% of the North American land mass.

The Nation or Nationality of the United States is made up of it's inhabitants with many diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds.

Christianity is a broad religious term covering the various divergent religious beliefs of approximately 70% of the
    nation, with regard to the United States.

America is not a nation.

Christianity is a religion.

Still confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Christianity is a religion.
    Still confused?
    Christianity is not a religion. You're still confused.