America is a Christian Nation - Page 141
Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Because as an atheist his only hope is that there is no God, his greatest fear is that there is.

MARANATHA!
    Yeah I get it, but silly me, I just find it strange that some folks spend so much energy and time visiting converstions about things they don't believe. I don't believe in turnips so, God bless them, I don't visit turnip chat!
    I guess I could be on an internet mission to speak out against everyone around the world who love turnips but....goofy

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Yeah I get it, but silly me, I just find it strange that some folks spend so much energy and time visiting converstions about things they don't believe. I don't believe in turnips so, God bless them, I don't visit turnip chat!
    I guess I could be on an internet mission to speak out against everyone around the world who love turnips but....silly

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    You don't have a effing clue, the only thing an atheist fears is the ignorance of religious (any religion) nutjobs.
    Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. Being of their father the devil they have a very close alliance to Satan. An awful state of degenerate, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil. The reason for their rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. Like I've said before, an atheists only hope is that there is no God, or afterlife, their greatest fear is that there is. The sole purpose of an atheists pathetic existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible and insulting believers. The atheists on this forum fulfill Bible prophecy everyday as last days scoffers & mockers. As we can see, these atheists, a Rabid Spawn of Satan, will never go away or shut up, they will simply continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

Life Is Good.

~ Everyone In Hell Is A Believer..It's Just Too Late ~
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

So now people who don't believe in racial discrimination should not engage in discussions about racial discrimination. And people who don't believe in beating children into submission should not engage in discussions about beating children into submission. And people who do not believe in imaginary supernatural beings should not engage in discussions about imaginary supernatural beings.

What exactly do all these racists, child abusers, and fantasy believers fear from discussion of their favored subject? Knowledge?

History leaves no doubt that ignorance has been the fuel of religion, and knowledge has been the historical retardant of the fire and brimstone.

No wonder they take umbrage to non-believers discussing their imaginary beliefs.

6. The Bible and Government - Faith Facts
    The Bible and Government Biblical Principles: Basis for America's Laws

It sure looks like they make some good points here.
    So should I believe a Holy God or a crazy atheist????
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Let them describe the Country, Kingdom or State they have founded. Promote what you believe and please don't do it on the backs of women and children...spare us the lack of integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    For an educated man you sure make a lot of crap up in an attempt to support your position.

Of course blue laws derived from christian religion: Started by Reverend Samuel Peters (1735-1826) in his book, General History of Connecticut first published in 1781, to refer to various laws first enacted by Puritan colonies in the seventeenth century prohibiting the selling of certain types of merchandise or business activity of any kind on certain days of the week, usually Sunday.

A blue law, in the United States and Canada, is a type of law designed to enforce moral standards, particularly the observance of the Sabbath. Most have been repealed or are simply unenforced, although prohibitions of the sale on Sundays of alcoholic beverages, automobiles, and occasionally almost all commerce, are still enforced in some areas. Blue laws often prohibit an activity only during certain hours and there are usually exceptions to the prohibition of commerce, like stores selling essential items such as food and medicines. Places that still have and enforce blue laws generally have strong religious fundamentalism, but some have been retained as a matter of tradition or out of convenience.

Yes, it is as antiquated, as antiquated as the belief in gods, deities, demons, and the rest of the nonsense of ancient fairy tales.

Why does a man with a buy bull in his hand get to tell a business man that sells cars he can not earn his livelihood on a specific day of the week? (car sales are still banned in a number of states on "the sabbath")
    Since the U.S. Constitution doesn't allow any state to favor one religion over another, and since blue laws are rooted in Christianity, why haven't you done something about it? Posting on here won't change the law.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. Being of their father the devil they have a very close alliance to Satan. An awful state of degenerate, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil. The reason for their rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. Like I've said before, an atheists only hope is that there is no God, or afterlife, their greatest fear is that there is. The sole purpose of an atheists pathetic existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible and insulting believers. The atheists on this forum fulfill Bible prophecy everyday as last days scoffers & mockers. As we can see, these atheists, a Rabid Spawn of Satan, will never go away or shut up, they will simply continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

When you treat your religion like your ****, I will have zero issues with you or any other theist.

Religion is like a *****. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Trouble is, you can't keep your damn pants zipped!
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

10. These were just some of the numerous groups who arrived in America in search of religious freedom.

The majority of the earliest settlers were, of course, Puritans. Beginning with the Mayflower, over the next twenty years, 16,000 Puritans migrated to the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and many more settled in Connecticut and Rhode Island. Like their cousins back in England, these American Puritans strongly identified with both the historical traditions and customs of the ancient Hebrews of the Old Testament. They viewed their emigration from England as a virtual re-enactment of the Jewish exodus from Egypt. To them, England was Egypt, the king was Pharaoh, the Atlantic Ocean was the Red Sea, America was the Land of Israel, and the Indians were the ancient Canaanites. They were the new Israelites, entering into a new covenant with God in a new Promised Land. Thanksgiving—first celebrated in 1621, a year after the Mayflower landed—was initially conceived as day parallel to the Jewish Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur; it was to be a day of fasting, introspection and prayer.

Gabriel Sivan, in The Bible and Civilization, (p. 236) observes:

No Christian community in history identified more with the People of the Book than did the early settlers of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, who believed their own lives to be a literal reenactment of the Biblical drama of the Hebrew nation. They themselves were the children of Israel; America was their Promised Land; the Atlantic Ocean their Red Sea; the Kings of England were the Egyptian pharaohs; the American Indians the Canaanites (or the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel); the pact of the Plymouth Rock was God’s holy Covenant; and the ordinances by which they lived were the Divine Law. Like the Huguenots and other Protestant victims of Old World oppression, these émigré Puritans dramatized their own situation as the righteous remnant of the Church corrupted by the “Babylonian woe,” and saw themselves as instruments of Divine Providence, a people chosen to build their new commonwealth on the Covenant entered into at Mount Sinai.

11. The earliest legislation of the colonies of New England was all determined by Scripture. At the first assembly of New Haven in 1639, John Davenport clearly stated the primacy of the Bible as the legal and moral foundation of the colony:

Scriptures do hold forth a perfect rule for the direction and government of all men in all duties which they are to perform to God and men as well as in the government of families and commonwealth as in matters of the Church ... the Word of God shall be the only rule to be attended unto in organizing the affairs of government in this plantation. (See Abraham I Katsch, The Biblical Heritage of American Democracy, p. 97)