America is a Christian Nation - Page 143
Page 143 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. I do believe that many of the strong responses opposing this OP, is based at least partially upon the religionist habit of damning people to Hell, or blaming a non-affilliated group for the woes of the world.

I take great umbrage being told, in a passive-aggressive manner that because I don't believe in a specific way, that I'm going to Hell.

It makes me want to inquire of the person if they want to engage in a religious discussion, the loser of which will be promoted to martyr.

If you quit trying to make others believe as you do by various intrusive methods, you'd face much less opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    Subsequently, the New Haven legislators adopted a legal code—the Code of 1655—which contained some 79 statutes, half of which contained Biblical references, virtually all from the Hebrew Bible. The Plymouth Colony had a similar law code as did the Massachusetts assembly, which, in 1641—after an exhortation by Reverend John Cotton who presented the legislators with a copy of Moses, His Judicials—adopted the so-called “Capitall Lawes of New England” based almost entirely on Mosaic law. A very significant political evolution was taking place in the New World. Unlike the Puritans in England who, of necessity, lived under English common law and were ruled by a King and Parliament, the Puritans of America had no central authority or national governing body. Yet, they did not lapse into anarchy. Instead, they created communities governed by elected councils of elders similar to the “presbyters” of England. Their communities were both stable and prosperous, with mandatory school systems modeled after the Jewish ones.
    They also banned the celebration of christmas and hung Quakers. Are those the principals you think our country was founded upon?

4. [QUOTE=Jones0430;554823]I do believe that many of the strong responses opposing this OP, is based at least partially upon the religionist habit of damning people to Hell.

No religionist (sic) or Christian can damn you to Hell. Only God can do that at the Great Throne Judgment. And, just because you don't believe, doesn't mean you are safe.

5. Scientific proof of God:

Watch this 60 minute video by a atheist who found God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56IjrcsAtUE

lol...did Dr. Dino make that video before he went to prison?

7. You obviously did not even watch the video, because it is about 60 minutes long and you responded back to my post in about 15 minutes. You are a fraud. So go back and watch the video dufus.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    You obviously did not even watch the video, because it is about 60 minutes long and you responded back to my post in about 15 minutes. You are a fraud. So go back and watch the video dufus.
    It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to realize it is a load of crap nonsense. The Big Bang Theory sitcom has more real science in a half hour show than that flushable video has in 60 minutes.

Don't need to watch it, it's based biblical inerrancy, which even most christians don't believe.

Walt Disney and religions have been very successful with their constant mantra of "fairy tales can come true", and yet it is just a ploy to control people and make money.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

10. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So...then...we area Jewish nation...not a Chrisitan nation.
    NO the Christian Bible has an Old Covenant and a New Covenant.
    The information I posted came from a Jewish web site. I thought it backed up very well that this country was founder on Biblical principles.
    And in a later post with clip, Obama stated the same.
    So it seems we have Christians, Jews, Obummer and some atheist all agreeing this country was founded on Biblical principles.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    NO the Christian Bible has an Old Covenant and a New Covenant.
    The information I posted came from a Jewish web site. I thought it backed up very well that this country was founder on Biblical principles.
    And in a later post with clip, Obama stated the same.
    So it seems we have Christians, Jews, Obummer and some atheist all agreeing this country was founded on Biblical principles.
    I ask again, are you referring to the Biblical principles that banned the celebration of Christmas and hung Quakers? Or are you a have-it-yahweh historian who picks and chooses the history that is relevant to your argument?