America is a Christian Nation - Page 146
Page 146 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Nothing will stop the religious zealots from trying to rewrite history. They are zealots mostly because they are insecure about their beliefs and need re-assurance that their imaginary boggieman is real.

Those who are secure in their beliefs have no need for the zealots nonsense.

the more one tries to impress their belief on everything that surrounds them, the more likely it is they are uncertain of their belief and just hoping that by repeating a mantra it will be true.

Ha ha ha now that is really funny! You just got smacked down and still can't be a man and shut up/leave...no no you need to cry about some boggieman in YOUR mind and then like your own post. goofy 😴

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Ha ha ha now that is really funny! You just got smacked down and still can't be a man and shut up/leave...no no you need to cry about some boggieman in YOUR mind and then like your own post. goofy 

HA ha ha that you think some BS post smacks anyone down.

We know exactly what John Adams wrote. your silly exposed attempt to depict it otherwise can only influence the intellectually challenged.

Ha ha ha now that is really funny! You just got smacked down and still can't be a man and shut up/leave...no no you need to cry about some boggieman in YOUR mind and then like your own post. goofy 😴

Farmhood: No use in trying to tell nogods anything, he knows it all. Just ask him! For those who want to throw quotations around, anyone, with the least bit of effort, can find many, many of them to bolster any argument they are trying to make. Conversely, one is able to find just as many to refute them. Cherry-picking historical statements? One should be well read before throwing out statements that, rather than help one's argument, make them look ridiculous. But that seems to be the name of the game here. What is the old adage, "Better to have one think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."?

Yes Oldgrunt, I know you are right about nogods. I guess the liberal progressive bias just isn't my lane...I need to stay in my lane. OG, how do you put me in my place but make me feel good about it? LOL

Yes Oldgrunt, I know you are right about nogods. I guess the liberal progressive bias just isn't my lane...I need to stay in my lane. OG, how do you put me in my place but make me feel good about it? LOL

vs. right wing nut fairy tales?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

8. So we have some say that this country was NOT founded on Christian ideas, or from a Holy Bible.
    Were do think our laws came from? Why do we have a right to carry a weapon?
    You waant a NONE Christian based country with the laws they have, try going to China or Russia and tell them you want a CCW permit. Let me know how that works for you.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Yeah Stan45, just ask them if they love the constitution and will defend it. Easy enough to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    So we have some say that this country was NOT founded on Christian ideas, or from a Holy Bible.
    Were do think our laws came from? Why do we have a right to carry a weapon?
    You waant a NONE Christian based country with the laws they have, try going to China or Russia and tell them you want a CCW permit. Let me know how that works for you.
    Most of the "laws" that came from the bible have been overturned by the courts as they existed only to legislate the hatred from the bible to discriminate against certain groups in our society.

Now, I'd really like you to support your nonsense by telling us what passages in what bible supports CCW permits.

And before you throw out the laws against murder and theft as coming from your buy bull, recognize that ALL societies have laws against murder and theft, regardless of religion or total lack of any religion.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Farmhood: No use in trying to tell nogods anything, he knows it all. Just ask him! For those who want to throw quotations around, anyone, with the least bit of effort, can find many, many of them to bolster any argument they are trying to make. Conversely, one is able to find just as many to refute them. Cherry-picking historical statements? One should be well read before throwing out statements that, rather than help one's argument, make them look ridiculous. But that seems to be the name of the game here. What is the old adage, "Better to have one think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."?
    Now that's typical. Right wing nuts throwing around quotations all over the place until those quotations are counter with quotes of opposition from the very same source, then they raise the white flag but instead of doing the honorable thing and surrendering their inane claims, they run and hide to snipe again. Cowards and gutless.