Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Your reference is not any more reliable than a blog,
    My reference is more reliable than you.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    My reference is more reliable than you.
    Typical answer, repeat the nonsense enough times and people will believe it, and clearly it works for those that believe nonsense and fairy tales.

Sure wife kidnapping occurs, but is it legal?
    Sure murder occurs, but is it legal?
    Sure theft occurs, but is it legal?

Hell no, but you won't admit that as it lets all the flatulence out of your bull excrement argument.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Hell no,
    I noticed you used the word Hell.
    It is a real place.

I noticed you used the word Hell.
    It is a real place.
    Non sequitur response, but anything to change the subject.

And while it is not a real place in the physical sense, it is clearly a real place in the minds of those still filled with the irrational fear of a vindictive god that would torture them for ever and ever and ever, because he loves you.

Now would you care to answer my questions, or shall I anticipate yet another attempt to dodge having to provide an honest answer which would show your original nonsense, is just that.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

I died and went to heaven...O.K., I admit, I lied.

The boy who came back from heaven was full of malarkey — and he’s finally fessed up to it.

A best-selling novel about a 6-year-old’s trip through the afterlife while he was in a coma was nothing but one kid’s desperate cry for attention, according to the Christian website Pulpit and Pen.

“I did not die. I did not go to Heaven,” Alex Malarkey, who is now a teenager, wrote in a statement. “People have profited from lies, and continue to.”

Malarkey’s heartwarming book — titled “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven” — will now be pulled from shelves by major Christian publisher Tyndale House after he recanted his testimony earlier this week, the Washington Post reports.
    Teen admits he lied about dying, going to heaven

Self-proclaimed christians swallowed this lie hook, line, and sinker. An example of their gullibility and brainwashed belief in preachers.

If they would just stop following Satan's book and instead listen to the Word of the Lord they wouldn't be misled by these obvious machinations of Satan.

Stop asking "what does the new testament say?" It says nothing except what Satan directed its authors to write. Listen to what the Lord has to say and you'll find salvation. Read Satan's words and you'll find eternal damnation.

7. God doesn't send anyone to Hell. You send yourself there. God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you as a person with free will and not just a robot. That's the way He made us--after His image, after His likeness, the power to say “yes” or the power to say “no,” the power to reject our own Creator, and of course to take the consequences.
    Can a God of love send anyone to Hell? You might as well ask some other question to make just as much sense. Does God allow disease in the world? Does God allow jails and prisons for some people? Does God allow the electric chair sometimes? Does God allow sin to break homes and hearts? Does God allow war? All of these things are the consequences of sin entering into the world, and in some cases the direct result of man's rebellion, and the result of greed and pride and egotism and hunger for power that doesn't have any use for people--only the desire to get ahead.

This is the incredible fruit of sin. Sin brings suffering into the world. There's no way of getting around it. And the greatest sin in the world is to reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.

God doesn't send anyone to Hell.
    That is exactly what I said, for the simple reason that both your god and your hell are make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    That is exactly what I said, for the simple reason that both your god and your hell are make believe.
    If proof is required for everything, someone needs to prove there is no God. In the absence of such proof it's just ignorance.
    The thread really got boring. The same argument going on page after page. No one on this planet knows the truth.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    The greatest "sin" in the world is to demand that people reject the thinking capacity of the brains that evolution gave them in favor of recitation of and adherence to ancient myths.
    Let me fix it for ya... "the greatest sin in the world is to demand that people reject the limited thinking capacity of the brain that God gave them through evolution" Further, one cannot both reject religion and then claim something is a sin.
    Still waiting for that proof. Should be pretty EZ right? Do you love your kids?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Even more fun than arguing over whether the USA is a christian nation is watching self-proclaimed christians argue over who is and who is not a christian, and which version of christianity formed the US. We know it wasn't the largest christian sect in the US today (Roman Catholic) because if it was then divorce would be outlawed. We know it wasn't the Puritans because if it was then celebrating christmas and Quakers would be outlawed.