America is a Christian Nation - Page 15
Page 15 of 156 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Christianity is not a religion. You're still confused.
    +1. And when people around the world yearn to come to "America", they ain't talking about Guatemala, either.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Christianity is not a religion. You're still confused.
    OK, I'll bite - what is it?

Because I thought it was a a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    +1. And when people around the world yearn to come to "America", they ain't talking about Guatemala, either.
    +1 to both Ringo and JJ.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Anyway, THROBBING MIGRAINE HEADACHE, a result of military injury, just KILLING me this morning...
    Lying in bed, waiting for the injections to take hold and dull some of the pain/stop some of the damage...

And someone beats on my front door...
    My little terrier throws a fit, like all terriers do when someone bangs on the door...
    And for anyone that knows squat about migraines, your hearing gets REALLY acute, every little noise hurts you to the core.

Before I could get to the front door (about 20 feet) they are baning the crap out of the door again which sends the little dog into overdrive!

Open the door, there is a woman asking me about my 'Relationship With Jesus'....
    And starts talking... And talking, and talking....

I told her I wasn't interested in religion of any brand, but she never stopped talking...
    The dog got out, so I was hollering for him to get back in side... She never stopped talking...
    AND SHE TRIED TO COME INSIDE MY HOUSE WITHOUT BEING INVITED.
    I actually had to hold onto the door to bar her from entering, and she was pushing on my arm!

I finally got the dog in side, and said, 'Well, Bye now' and started to close the door with her still talking...

She actually tried to hold my door open!

This is when it could have gone REALLY ugly, since at that point, I could have been perfectly justified in kicking her ass down the block,
    And trust me, Since the pain killers hadn't kicked in, I was in the mood to do just that!

Anyway, I MANUALLY removed her hand from my door, closed and locked the door, she was STILL talking away...

Then she started cussing me out & kicking the door for closing the door after telling her to leave!

(If she only knew I was holding a .45 ACP in the other hand behind the door, she might have been a little more 'Rational'.)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Now tell me, what do you have to do to keep this kind of crazy from your doorstep?
    The 'NO SOLICITING' sign is on the door.
    There is a NO TRESPASSING sign on the front porch,

There is no Agnostic or Atheist group that would try and do that to you,
    They don't pedal 'Crazy' door to door!

There isn't anyone with MANNERS of any kind would pound on the door,
    Try and barge in UNINVITED,
    And cuss you out when you told them you weren't interested...

No one but a self righteous, bible thumping nut-bag would try and overpower a 250 pound man to spout gibberish at them after being warned by TWO signs, then being told I wasn't interested!
    Only people selling 'Christan Crazy' would do that...

Then came the string of insults and cuss words that would have made a Marine blush when I closed the door!

Yup, takes a SPECIAL KIND of evangelistic crazy to do something like that!
    Found my mail box stuffed full of flyers for a Methodist church, some of them having four letter words scrawled on them, so I KNOW she could read...

Guess I'm going to have to get a tazer now, the garden hose, fencing, signs, ect. isn't working anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    OK, I'll bite - what is it?

Because I thought it was a a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament.
    Christianity is a "faith", a faith in the Word Of God that He sent His only begotten Son to die on a cross for our sins, and anyone who believes His Word, in faith, shall not perish, but have everlasting life. Our eternal salvation in Heaven is achieved in our faith that Jesus payed the price for our sins with His shedding His Blood and dying on the cross in our place, reconciling us onto God. God's sacrificing of His Son on a cross was a GIFT to us out of His love for us. To receive God's gift of salvation, we must in faith accept the gift. A gift is not something you work for or can earn, it is a gift. Christianity is man getting to God, God's Way, One Way Only, through faith in His Son Jesus. As Jesus said, "no man comes to the Father except by Me".

Religion is man trying to get to God, MAN'S WAY, through WORKS, any way imaginable except the GIFT of Christ's Shed Blood on the Cross. I've tried to keep it simple, hope it helps.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    Anyway, THROBBING MIGRAINE HEADACHE, a result of military injury, just KILLING me this morning...
    Lying in bed, waiting for the injections to take hold and dull some of the pain/stop some of the damage...

And someone beats on my front door...
    My little terrier throws a fit, like all terriers do when someone bangs on the door...
    And for anyone that knows squat about migraines, your hearing gets REALLY acute, every little noise hurts you to the core.

Before I could get to the front door (about 20 feet) they are baning the crap out of the door again which sends the little dog into overdrive!

Open the door, there is a woman asking me about my 'Relationship With Jesus'....
    And starts talking... And talking, and talking....

I told her I wasn't interested in religion of any brand, but she never stopped talking...
    The dog got out, so I was hollering for him to get back in side... She never stopped talking...
    AND SHE TRIED TO COME INSIDE MY HOUSE WITHOUT BEING INVITED.
    I actually had to hold onto the door to bar her from entering, and she was pushing on my arm!

I finally got the dog in side, and said, 'Well, Bye now' and started to close the door with her still talking...

She actually tried to hold my door open!

This is when it could have gone REALLY ugly, since at that point, I could have been perfectly justified in kicking her ass down the block,
    And trust me, Since the pain killers hadn't kicked in, I was in the mood to do just that!

Anyway, I MANUALLY removed her hand from my door, closed and locked the door, she was STILL talking away...

Then she started cussing me out & kicking the door for closing the door after telling her to leave!

(If she only knew I was holding a .45 ACP in the other hand behind the door, she might have been a little more 'Rational'.)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Now tell me, what do you have to do to keep this kind of crazy from your doorstep?
    The 'NO SOLICITING' sign is on the door.
    There is a NO TRESPASSING sign on the front porch,

There is no Agnostic or Atheist group that would try and do that to you,
    They don't pedal 'Crazy' door to door!

There isn't anyone with MANNERS of any kind would pound on the door,
    Try and barge in UNINVITED,
    And cuss you out when you told them you weren't interested...

No one but a self righteous, bible thumping nut-bag would try and overpower a 250 pound man to spout gibberish at them after being warned by TWO signs, then being told I wasn't interested!
    Only people selling 'Christan Crazy' would do that...

Then came the string of insults and cuss words that would have made a Marine blush when I closed the door!

Yup, takes a SPECIAL KIND of evangelistic crazy to do something like that!
    Found my mail box stuffed full of flyers for a Methodist church, some of them having four letter words scrawled on them, so I KNOW she could read...

Guess I'm going to have to get a tazer now, the garden hose, fencing, signs, ect. isn't working anymore...
    Yes, and we have horns that come out from our forehead as well. You are most welcome to your bigotry, but you are 100% in error if you believe you have described me at all. Christians are the newest target for ridicule. No big deal, I already know where I am going. I would suggest that you consider where you will spend eternity, not because you are good or deserving, but because we are all sinners in need of a Saviour.

Jesus died for your sins Hammer even though you appear to have a deep hatred for Him and His followers. After I have been able to forget what you have falsely accused me of being in your last two posts, I will pray that the Lord opens your heart to his salvation for there is no other name that we can call upon for salvation.

Perhaps one day you will be thankful that someone cared enough to preach the gospel to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Yes, and we have horns that come out from our forehead as well. You are most welcome to your bigotry, but you are 100% in error if you believe you have described me at all. Christians are the newest target for ridicule. No big deal, I already know where I am going. I would suggest that you consider where you will spend eternity, not because you are good or deserving, but because we are all sinners in need of a Saviour.

Jesus died for your sins Hammer even though you appear to have a deep hatred for Him and His followers.
    After I have been able to forget what you have falsely accused me of being in your last two posts, I will pray that the Lord opens your heart to his salvation for there is no other name that we can call upon for salvation.

Perhaps one day you will be thankful that someone cared enough to preach the gospel to you.
    Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners , Christ died for us."

The only reason that we were given life and put on this earth, is to Know God, no other reason.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

wolfhunter Guest
    Actually, looking at the last 10 lines of Hammer's post, I'd have to say that most people I know would, at least initially, react in a similar manner.

What kind of witness was presented by ignoring his two signs?
    What kind of witness was presented by cussing at him?
    What kind of witness was presented by trying to push into his home?
    How much good will tracts and pamphlets, with curse words scrawled on them, do?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Actually, looking at the last 10 lines of Hammer's post, I'd have to say that most people I know would, at least initially, react in a similar manner.

[I]Actually after reading his story I was wondering if this was a fabricated story. Sounds like one to me but who knows. He strikes me as someone not above doing that./I]
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post

The difficutly with Hammers post is he is implying by unfounded reasoning that is how all Christians are. This is unmitigated bigotry. Any so called Christian acting in this manner is NOT acting in the manner of a Christian. Unfortunately, there are actually people that hate Christians so much that they will do a red flag operation against us in such a manner. I know of NO Christian principle that would ever justify that type of action. Indeed, we are to let our good works shine to proclaim the gospel.

If you don't believe in red flag operations, you most likely will by the end of the summer after the opposition gets ahold of the opportunity at any upcoming Tea Party rallies.

Lastly, go read the Bible and see if any of this sort of "evangelism" is advocated. The Bible states very clearly to shake the dust off of your feet if they do not recieve you. If you don't want to hear the gospel, then we have already given you the chance to hear it and we move on. IF you wish to die in your sins and pay for your sins yourself, so be it. We are not pushy salesmen sticking our feet in your door. I am one of those people that has knocked on many a door giving the gospel. Usually, if I see a sign that says no soliciting, I DON"T. That is the way God is, if you turn you back on Him, He will gladly turn His back on you. You get what you ask for with God. If you don't want to have anything to do with Him, He will honour that, but I do believe you have made the worst decision of your life.