America is a Christian Nation - Page 150
Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Aliens watching Earth during the state of the union address...
    - They're a peculiar species. Notice how they slap their hands together in excitement when their anointed one speaks?
    - Yes, and notice how they kiss his ass?
    - They're an interesting species but they fail to understand their own lack of knowledge and capacity is immense.
    - Agreed, but their pride and arrogance makes them think they are all-knowing. Funny little bunch don't you think?
    - Yes, considering they've still not solved the basics of travel without burning fuel. They're not very smart.
    - Smart? They can barely read. They're not worth conquering. Let's keep looking.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Proof. I'm looking for proof that there is no God. If you have it then provide a source. If you don't have then understand you merely have an opinion like everyone else. But for an atheist to think he's right without proof just shows the fallacies of the human mind.
    Unfortunately, you have it backwards. Belief in God requires no proof. If you need proof one way or another, you have failed in your belief.

If you wish to go the scientific method way, then the burden of proof is on you to prove God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones0430 View Post
    Unfortunately, you have it backwards. Belief in God requires no proof. If you need proof one way or another, you have failed in your belief.

If you wish to go the scientific method way, then the burden of proof is on you to prove God exists.
    I think you misread it. He is asking that the Atheists (Scientifically superior people that they are) prove there is no God. Not the other way around.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I think you misread it. He is asking that the Atheists (Scientifically superior people that they are) prove there is no God. Not the other way around.
    Prove there are no leprechauns. You can't? Then they must exist! The same inane logic applies to unicorns, Thor, Dionysus, Horus, etc., etc., etc.

Asking one to disprove your assertion is a easily dismissed ploy.

People who claim a supernatural being exists can't validate their claim by arguing others can't disprove their naked claim.

Otherwise I'd be a billionaire because every adult in the US is morally obligated to send me $1000 and you can't prove it is not true. I'll pm you with my mailing address so you can send your check ASAP. Thanks.

7. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I did not misread. If the requirement is to prove that something doesn't exist, then it's a fools errand he's set. Proof for something to not exist is ipso facto known to be true. Proof of existence is required by demonstration that it DOES exists.

And my prior statement is still true. If you have a belief and you NEED proof of the existence of God, you have failed in your belief and are apostate. A false believer. A man of little faith.

Either be a man like Thomas Aquinas, and stand by your faith without the need of proof, or stop arguing religion.

I did not misread. If the requirement is to prove that something doesn't exist, then it's a fools errand he's set. Proof for something to not exist is ipso facto known to be true. Proof of existence is required by demonstration that it DOES exists.

And my prior statement is still true. If you have a belief and you NEED proof of the existence of God, you have failed in your belief and are apostate. A false believer. A man of little faith.

Either be a man like Thomas Aquinas, and stand by your faith without the need of proof, or stop arguing religion.
    Algabra exists but if you can't teach a fly algabra...it doesn't mean it does not exist. It is real if you believe! If you do not believe well then it does not exist... For You.
    So forget about it if you do not believe. You are free to believe (or not) as you wish.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    That's the standard disingenuous Christian trick, but it doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is on those who assert the existence of this extraordinary supernatural being, and to meet it with extraordinary evidence. It is NOT the burden of disbelievers to prove non-existence/disprove existence just because they say they don't believe in God, or that there is no god. Each of those are just two of many different ways of saying that believers haven't proved their case, i.e., "There's no god" is shorthand for, ("In the absence of any evidence whatsoever proving or even supporting some kind of inference that God exists, I conclude that) there is no god." Of course, every Conspicuous Christian has been told this countless times, but they ALWAYS revert immediately to the idiotic, intellectually shabby, and transparent, "Atheists can't prove there is no God. (Therefore God exists)."
    So how do you prove you love your kids? You can feed and clothe them, protect them, educate them, hug them and pay their way. But that doesn't constitute proof of love. Even science can't prove it. PET scans show the parts of the brain that activate in love also activate in a pedophile where kid are concerned. So if one can't prove they love their kids I guess we could say they don't.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

You did misunderstand. My history of posts is belief in God without question. When science enters the picture it gets complicated because of the pompous attitude of scientists. They believe they're superior thinkers. My problem is with the atheist who believes without proof there is no God. My challenge to them is to prove thy love their kids. The point is not everything that is true or that exists is provable by science.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    There are way too many non-sequiturs here to address, so I'll just comment on the biggest malassertion in the above (now bolded & italicized): Rational thinkers on the "existence or not of god question" are not looking for scientific proof though nice as that would be, it's just not possible--just real evidence--any evidence as long as it's real.
    You believe my statement "The point is not everything that is true or that exists is provable by science." is wrong. So then prove love. Should be EZ right?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS