America is a Christian Nation - Page 151
Page 151 of 156 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    So how do you prove you love your kids? You can feed and clothe them, protect them, educate them, hug them and pay their way. But that doesn't constitute proof of love. Even science can't prove it. PET scans show the parts of the brain that activate in love also activate in a pedophile where kid are concerned. So if one can't prove they love their kids I guess we could say they don't.
    Prove you DO NOT owe me $1,000, and when you cannot, PM me for information on transferring the money to my account.

I don't have to prove you owe me $1,000, you have to prove the negative
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Prove you DO NOT owe me $1,000, and when you cannot, PM me for information on transferring the money to my account.

I don't have to prove you owe me $1,000, you have to prove the negative
    I can surely prove I don't owe you $1,000. Very EZ. However you would need to bring a civil action to assert your claim. Your inability to state a cause of action in a civil suit serves as enough proof the debt isn't owed. I have no reason to believe I owe anything until such an issue is raised. In such a situation the burden of proof is on you... bound by the CPLR (Civil Practice Law and Rules). When you assert I owe the money in a civil suit I can respond with a motion for a bill of particulars requesting you state the EXACT reason you believe the money is owed and the circumstances surrounding the claim. I would then serve you with a series of interrogatories whereby you must provide written answers to my questions. The response to the interrogatories must be accompanied by any documentation supporting your position. Short of that I move for summary judgment and dismissal for failure to state a cause-of-action. You must state a cause of action that raises proof of a tort against you, monetary damages and a close-causal connection between the two. As you might guess I've been through this one before.
    In all fairness a claim of chattel or money owed isn't a good comparison to a claim of religious proof.
    My point throughout all of this is that no one knows what or who's behind the curtain. Religion, or lack of, is about belief not proof. Neither side can produce scientific evidence to support their claim. Religious people have belief. The atheists I've met are the ones who usually want proof. Thus my ongoing statement that just because something isn't scientifically provable doesn't mean it isn't true. I keep ribbing people about proving the love their kids because we know there's no way to scientifically prove it. Of course we know they love their kids by circumstantial evidence. But scientific proof? No.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I can surely prove I don't owe you $1,000. Very EZ.
    Attachment 13571
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

OK, there is no proof of God. There is also no proof that there is no God. So how can you cite the lack of evidence in both cases proof of your atheist theory?
    -
    There are scientific clues as to how the universe was formed, and from these have come theories. In the beginning there was nothing, then *bang* there was something, and all mass in the entire universe expanded from an infinitely small speck of nothing. I call BS. Meanwhile someone who asserts that everything was created by God is told to provide proof????
    -
    The problem with atheists (for the most part) is that they cite clues that point toward a theory as proof that it exists, but when a Christian cites clues that point towards the existence of God, they are mocked for it.
    -
    Show me anything scientifically wrong with the above argument.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    OK, there is no proof of God. There is also no proof that there is no God. So how can you cite the lack of evidence in both cases proof of your atheist theory?
    OK, there is no proof of God. There is also no proof that there is no God. So how can you cite the lack of evidence in both cases proof of your theist theory?

You also fail to recognize that you are 99.99% atheist for the simple reason;

Attachment 13572

I don't believe in your god for the very same reasons you do not believe in the thousands of other gods.

XD, if you don't have experience in lawsuits in money or chattel don't call BS.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    -
    There are scientific clues as to how the universe was formed, and from these have come theories. In the beginning there was nothing, then *bang* there was something, and all mass in the entire universe expanded from an infinitely small speck of nothing. I call BS. Meanwhile someone who asserts that everything was created by God is told to provide proof????
    -
    The problem with atheists (for the most part) is that they cite clues that point toward a theory as proof that it exists, but when a Christian cites clues that point towards the existence of God, they are mocked for it.
    -
    Show me anything scientifically wrong with the above argument.
    They don't seem to grasp it. Thus they respond with some little cartoony thing.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

XD, if you don't have experience in lawsuits in money or chattel don't call BS.
    But that would only prove that I do not have legal proof that you owe me $1,000, which is sufficient in a civil court, but you still cannot prove the negative but only that I can't prove the positive, yet that is you sole argument when you ask atheists to prove the lack of god.

Nor could you legally provide proof of god in a court of law, based on procedures and rules of evidence. So prove the positive.

They don't seem to grasp it. Thus they respond with some little cartoony thing.
    Keeping it simple because I know the audience. It's simple really, it is an effective method of communication and you have to admit that even you will look at the 'cartoony' things where you may not read the complete statement of others.

Describe this woman's driving in 1,000 words and make it clear how bad it is, then get people to read those 1,000 words.

Attachment 13573

See how well it works!

But that would only prove that I do not have legal proof that you owe me $1,000, which is sufficient in a civil court, but you still cannot prove the negative but only that I can't prove the positive, yet that is you sole argument when you ask atheists to prove the lack of god.
    Bingo. Its a rather simple construct. I have to wonder about the sincerity of those who act as if they don't understand that an assertion is not proven by the doubters' inability to prove the assertion wrong.

It becomes even more disingenuous when one employs such a tactic with regard to a god or gods, because given the lack of evidence for the existence of any god or gods there are at least two possibilities: (1) there is no god; or (2) there is a god who purposely left no evidence of its existence because it didn't want its creation making up stories about it and what it wanted of its creation, and in fact it has a special place reserved in hell for all those who make false claims about its existence and its wants and expectations for its creation.

Under those two possibilities the non-believer has nothing to lose as his non-belief is exactly what that god expected. The god soothsayer has everything to lose.