America is a Christian Nation - Page 153
Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #1521
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    I have asserted it, with the same level of evidence that theists defend the existence of their god, because I say so. Now where is your evidence you do not owe me $1K?


    Theists continue to demand that atheists provide proof there is no god, I hold you to the same standard of proof that you don't owe me $1K.
    XD, reading comprehension is key. When an atheist demands proof there is a God I respond in kind. When an atheist says he doesn't believe there is a God I respond in kind. Belief is what is key. If you don't believe I support your decision. If you do believe I applaud you decision. But I don't demand proof because I know neither side can provide absolute proof. I even joke about proving you love your kids. The point is that we know you love your kids. And circumstantial proof of that exists. But scientific proof doesn't. Proof is a joke. This ass---- civilization of humans can't even cut the lawn without screwing-it up. I expect no one, especially science, to provide proof of anything. Belief. Never tell someone their beliefs are stupid. Not until you have the absolute answer.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. #1522
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Belief. Never tell someone their beliefs are stupid. Not until you have the absolute answer.
    That is it in a nutshell. XD, When you attack someone for having a belief, they will fight back. When you assert that you are right and they are wrong, with no proof of either, you are just being ignorant. When you add name-calling and such you just completely lose credibility.
    -
    I gave you 3 points to defend. You latched onto the most irrelevant and replied with gusto, but ignored the points with substance. I get it, that's how you roll. I have color coded the portion of my post you actually responded to in case there is more confusion on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    A. Your source of CNN is a tell.
    B. Nothing in the article discounts anything, just states that evidence has not yet been made public.
    C. 2 years since the discovery of an artifact for testing etc. is not really a long time. I know that in this day of instant gratification, and next day retractions, this seems odd. Be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    While your source is nothing more than a blog with the following requirements to have work published in the blog;
    We're looking to hire bloggers who can quickly cover the news on a daily level for a very conservative and libertarian audience.

    -We pick the topics for you
    -We write the headlines for you
    -We pick the sources you'll link to
    -You just have to fill articles with 5-7 paragraphs of original content to explain the news
    We pay $15 per article. Articles take our current writers between 30 minutes to an hour to do -- the longer they write, the faster it gets.
    Jobs for Bloggers - ProBlogger Job Board - Writer

    Just try googling "CNN with words like "Lies", "Distorts truth" etc. They have video and everything.
    Chief

  4. #1523
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    XD, reading comprehension is key. When an atheist demands proof there is a God I respond in kind. When an atheist says he doesn't believe there is a God I respond in kind. ;
    Yes reading comprehension and reasoning are key.

    If you actually owed me $1K, and demanded proof, I would produce a legal promissory note or contract as proof. Otherwise it would just be my belief that you owed $1K.

    If there were actually a god, and I demand proof, you could produce evidence that is irrefutable as proof. Otherwise it is just your belief that there is a god.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #1524
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    That is it in a nutshell. XD, When you attack someone for having a belief, they will fight back.
    Good, and perhaps it just might cause you to think and question what you think you believe.

    I have had lengthy discussions with atheists that were christians at one point. Not a single one of them became an atheist because of anything an atheist said, but they became atheists because they began think and questioning what they actually believe while defending their beliefs. This has also happened to priests, preachers, pastors, etc.

    The greatest test of a persons understand of a topic, any topic, is to try and explain it to another person. This will always make the aspects of the topic you are unsure of to become very apparent to yourself, regardless of the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I gave you 3 points to defend. You latched onto the most irrelevant and replied with gusto, but ignored the points with substance. I get it, that's how you roll. I have color coded the portion of my post you actually responded to in case there is more confusion on your part.
    No, you were not addressing me with those 3 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Just try googling "CNN with words like "Lies", "Distorts truth" etc. They have video and everything.
    I was not defending CNN, I was merely pointing out that your source is also suspect.

    A google search of "cnn news +lies" returns 73 results
    a google search of "fox news +lies" returns 136 results
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  6. #1525
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Yes reading comprehension and reasoning are key.

    If you actually owed me $1K, and demanded proof, I would produce a legal promissory note or contract as proof. Otherwise it would just be my belief that you owed $1K.

    If there were actually a god, and I demand proof, you could produce evidence that is irrefutable as proof. Otherwise it is just your belief that there is a god.
    Yes. Correct. It is purely my belief. As is atheism. It's purely a belief. And I support everyone in having their own belief. Definitive scientific proof isn't available to either side of the issue. Each side may feel strongly but condemning each other or referring to someone as stupid over a belief in one of the world religions is absurd.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  7. @ Whodat2710

    The information was revealed in 2012, there was no information in the articles I found that indicate when the fragment was discovered. There is a significant lack of facts in your assertions.

  8. #1527
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    A. Your source of CNN is a tell.
    B. Nothing in the article discounts anything, just states that evidence has not yet been made public.
    C. 2 years since the discovery of an artifact for testing etc. is not really a long time. I know that in this day of instant gratification, and next day retractions, this seems odd. Be patient.
    Once again, attacking the messenger because you can't formulate a rational response to the message.

    And 2 years of hiding an artifact one claims to have discovered is good evidence that the only thing they found was some used Egyptian toilet paper

  9. #1528
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Once again, attacking the messenger because you can't formulate a rational response to the message.

    And 2 years of hiding an artifact one claims to have discovered is good evidence that the only thing they found was some used Egyptian toilet paper
    Sorry, but points B and C actually do provide rebuttal to the article he posted. You inability to either read his article or to understand my arguments against it do not really mean anything.
    Chief

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BC1
    ... As is atheism. It's purely a belief...
    Atheism is a belief like not playing rugby is a sport.

  11. #1530
    Maybe they are typing it while eating a burger and driving. I feel better now.

    sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast