America is a Christian Nation - Page 154
Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Sorry, but points B and C actually do provide rebuttal to the article he posted. You inability to either read his article or to understand my arguments against it do not really mean anything.
    Point A: Your personal bias. I took your Google challenge, results posted in previous post.
    Point B: Derived from a blogger site that pay writers $5 per paragraph
    Point C: you guess it, ........ ditto ........
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Point A: Your personal bias. I took your Google challenge, results posted in previous post.
    Point B: Derived from a blogger site that pay writers $5 per paragraph
    Point C: you guess it, ........ ditto ........
    Wrong again! I actually came up with points B and C in my own mind! I evaluated the articles we both posted, plus stuff I have gathered from various other sources about artifacts and archaeology and had my own opinion on the articles in question. Maybe I should start a blog.
    -
    I have almost 50 years of life experience, and one of my hobbies is actually reading. I am also in college and challenging my mind with everything from Math, Biology, Chemistry and Physics to things like Philosophy, Religion and History. I am expanding my opinions every day, unlike those of you that are stagnant and comfortable that you know enough.
    -
    FYI, downplaying the importance of "blogs" by touting the credentials of a source like CNN is dangerously closed minded. The MSM, FOX included, has an agenda, as do some bloggers. If you find a blog that cites relevant facts and sources rather than ideological BS, it is actually a more credible source. Anyone can look for and fine things that agree with their beliefs from sources widely accepted as credible. It is how they spin these facts that comes into question. A site that asserts facts and forces you to decide what they mean is golden. A site that does not infer meaning from vague facts is rare. If you can look only at the facts presented, without the spin, you can gain knowledge and perspective from any source. If you spout their prattle without thinking about it, you are as valuable as pond-scum.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Wrong again! I actually came up with points B and C in my own mind! I evaluated the articles we both posted, plus stuff I have gathered from various other sources about artifacts and archaeology and had my own opinion on the articles in question. Maybe I should start a blog.
    -
    I have almost 50 years of life experience, and one of my hobbies is actually reading. I am also in college and challenging my mind with everything from Math, Biology, Chemistry and Physics to things like Philosophy, Religion and History. I am expanding my opinions every day, unlike those of you that are stagnant and comfortable that you know enough.
    -
    FYI, downplaying the importance of "blogs" by touting the credentials of a source like CNN is dangerously closed minded. The MSM, FOX included, has an agenda, as do some bloggers. If you find a blog that cites relevant facts and sources rather than ideological BS, it is actually a more credible source. Anyone can look for and fine things that agree with their beliefs from sources widely accepted as credible. It is how they spin these facts that comes into question. A site that asserts facts and forces you to decide what they mean is golden. A site that does not infer meaning from vague facts is rare. If you can look only at the facts presented, without the spin, you can gain knowledge and perspective from any source. If you spout their prattle without thinking about it, you are as valuable as pond-scum.
    Who was touting the credentials of any MSM outlet, not me.

And in the life experience category, I got a couple of decades on ya....

There are some very passionate and dedicated people creating blogs, that put a lot of research and integrity into their output, then there are blog sites that assign a topic and pay $5 a paragraph for material returned. Your blog source seems to be of the latter.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

There are some very passionate and dedicated people creating blogs, that put a lot of research and integrity into their output, then there are blog sites that assign a topic and pay $5 a paragraph for material returned. Your blog source seems to be of the latter.
    Conservative Tribune: Daily News and Commentary
    Was the site the article came from. I am not sure where the "we'll give you $15 for a story" came from, I looked. If you can find it let me know. We could probably cut-n-paste some of our forum posts and make bank.
    -
    That is not actually a site that I follow. There are a few that I do, http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/ is a good one.
    Also Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com - The Official Website of Colonel Allen West
    Young Conservatives
    Breitbart News Network
    PJTV
    TPNN Home ? The Tea Party News Network
    -
    The thing about these (and most sites) is that while they have their own writers and editors, they also scan the blogs for stories they like and want to share. Since they are in fact reputable, they cite the source of the article. Sometimes they just post highlights, or quote portions in the middle of their article. If I am going to read something, I would rather read it from the source and make up my own mind rather than see the portions someone else found important. As in the linked article I posted earlier, I got the story from one site, but went to the actual blog to read (and post) from there.
    Chief

Yes reading comprehension and reasoning are key.

If you actually owed me $1K, and demanded proof, I would produce a legal promissory note or contract as proof. Otherwise it would just be my belief that you owed $1K.

If there were actually a god, and I demand proof, you could produce evidence that is irrefutable as proof. Otherwise it is just your belief that there is a god.
    Hey XD and BC1: I'm not trying to get in the middle of y'alls "discussion" but I would just like to throw this in. If one needs proof, in writing no less, the Bible presents all the proof one needs. Now, before blowing your stack, read the prophecies of the Bible concerning the End Times. Daniel, Ezekiel (yes, this one is quite appropriate), Jeremiah and the other OT prophets. Then read what the NT has to say and, finally, compare everything written to the world situation we find ourselves in today. The Bible has foretold everything that is happening right now with amazing accuracy. I don't profess to be a theologian but I can read and comprehend what has been said and, for me, that is proof positive. But, to each his own belief with no hard feelings!

Attachment 13602

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The Bible has foretold everything that is happening right now with amazing accuracy.
    You got that right Og, in fact with 100% accuracy. Anyone needing proof just has to pick up any newspaper and see that yesterday's prophecies are today's headlines. ISRAEL is God's prophetic timepiece and knowing that God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate ALL the warnings and the promises found in the Bible, time is short to say the least.

MARANATHA!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Blog Entries

John Adam's General Principles of Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    ~John Adams, “A Defence of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America” 1787-1788

The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
    ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

Damn that John Adams, always kidding.
    For Your information,

"The Barbary Powers often declared that they were 'at war with all Christian nations'
    President John Adams wanted to secure commercial shipping rights, and the countries he wanted to negotiate with happened to be Muslim, and happened to justify piracy by declaring war on Christian nations.

Adams addressed that declaration by claiming that the United States was not Christian, and was not at war with Muslims in order to secure the treaty.

So if that is the best you can do, maybe you should study some to the writings from John Adams and get the true feeling of Our Founders, which you do your best to Ignore.

“The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence, were ... the general principles of Christianity, in which all those sects
    were united, and the general principles of English and American liberty, in which all those young men united, and which had united
    all parties in America, in majorities sufficient to assert and maintain her independence. Now I will avow, that I then believed and now
    believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that
    those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature and our terrestrial, mundane system”.

John Adam’s Letter to Thomas Jefferson, 28 June 1813.

And as far as Individual Property and Marriage goes, John Adams also has a message for your Liar and Chief.

“As long as Property exists, it will accumulate in Individuals and Families. As long as Marriage exists, Knowledge, Property and Influence will accumulate in Families”.

John Adam’s Letter to Thomas Jefferson (16 July 1814)
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blog Entries

For all those that don't believe America is and was a Christian Nation

For all those that don't believe America is and was and still is a Christian Nation.

This is my kind of Guy a Bible Toting, Gun Carrying, Capitalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Fu6ypeWuy0o
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

10. Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Atheism is a belief like not playing rugby is a sport.
    This. Why is it so hard for some people to understand this?

11. Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    I suspect many of them do understand completely, but ignore the truth so as to be able to keep up their unrelenting defense of superstition by attacking skeptics and nonbelievers. Remember, deceit in defense of God is not only permissible but encouraged.
    I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's simply ignorance, and not an attempt to be intentionally untruthful. Some of them make it hard, though.