America is a Christian Nation - Page 155
Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. With the great possibility of something of major importance happening in late 2015 or 2016, it would be a good time for all to find Jesus. If you are an atheist, you may suffer a double wammy. Because you will be "left behind" as per the Bible and suffer terrible tribulation and a pain filled death. If you won't take the mark of the "beast" you will either be beheaded or starve to death as you will not be able to buy or sell with out it. And really , how much food can you carry in your bug-out bags, enough for a week maybe?
    Seems to me no one wants an atheist. Sucks to be you.
    Better start thinking of a plan, now.

America may be a Christian nation based on which religion the majority claim, but based on it's laws it's much more Judaic. Moses' laws command punishing upto killing people for breaking the laws- which is what American law does, while Christ forgave. One of my favorite sayings from Archbishop Tutu is: true justice means being forgiven.

In practice, I would guess that America is more of a nationalistic country, believing we're better than everyone else, than Christian (i.e. we worship the flag more than Christ).

It would be wonderful to live in a nation who's law and it's citizen's actions were truly Christian.

Tutu on forgiveness:

http://billmoyers.com/2014/12/25/for...s-racist-past/

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    I suspect many of them do understand completely, but ignore the truth so as to be able to keep up their unrelenting defense of superstition by attacking skeptics and nonbelievers. Remember, deceit in defense of God is not only permissible but encouraged.
    Exactly, assuming that theists are rational thinkers, is frankly irrational.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Assuming the US is a christian country, base on numbers is a false metric. If majority wins, then the US is also a white country, and a female country because whites are the majority, and females are also a majority.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by indyyy View Post
    true justice means being forgiven.

[/url]
    Forgiven by whom?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Assuming the US is a christian country, base on numbers is a false metric. If majority wins, then the US is also a white country, and a female country because whites are the majority, and females are also a majority.
    NO WONDER I got problems... I'm living in a white female country and it's THAT time of the month !

Forgiven by whom?
    "Forgive one another as I have forgiven you". Obviously, if we/you lived in a truly Christian Nation the citizens would forgive one another for any sin against each other, the law would forgive them as well, and God would forgive both nation and it's citizens.

Obviously America is a nation with diverse religions in which Christianity is only the majority religion. If it were a Christian nation, other religions would not be tolerated and there would be no Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, etc. allowed. Which is what many who post in here desire.

"Fo

...If it were a Christian only nation, other religions would not be tolerated and there would be no Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, etc. allowed.
    Unfortunately, I think that's the mistaken understanding of this country based on attitudes of some of the members of this forum

I'll be honest with you, I kind of go back and forth between Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism (Buddhism isn't really a religion because Buddha was a man and never claimed to be anything else. The chinese have turned it into somewhat of a religion)

The thing I love most about Hinduism is that Krishna (God) tells his disciple- "All creatures belong to ME, and in the end All come to ME". There's no 'my god is right and everyone else be damned' in it'. And there's no 'kill everyone who doesn't believe what YOU believe'. If you're a hindu, you're stuck with God no matter how hard you try to get away or what evil or good thing you do.

At any rate - I enjoy living in a country that includes different religions, cultures, etc. I have no problem with Chinese talking Chinese, Italians speaking Italian to one another, etc. And if someone just moved here from another country or if they've even lived in an isolated community for years and can speak very little or no English, I have no problem with that either. But... that's just me.

I spent two years in Germany with a guy's family who had been an exchange student in my high school. And - you know what - the German kids would beg me to speak English so they could learn American slang, and I would have to ask them to speak German around me so I could learn german. Lotta folks here are like, "if ya can't speak english get the f... outta MY country" lol. Get a life and take a spanish lesson.

I'll be honest with you, I kind of go back and forth between Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism (Buddhism isn't really a religion because Buddha was a man and never claimed to be anything else. The chinese have turned it into somewhat of a religion)

The thing I love most about Hinduism is that Krishna (God) tells his disciple- "All creatures belong to ME, and in the end All come to ME". There's no 'my god is right and everyone else be damned' in it'. And there's no 'kill everyone who doesn't believe what YOU believe'. If you're a hindu, you're stuck with God no matter how hard you try to get away or what evil or good thing you do.

At any rate - I enjoy living in a country that includes different religions, cultures, etc. I have no problem with Chinese talking Chinese, Italians speaking Italian to one another, etc. And if someone just moved here from another country or if they've even lived in an isolated community for years and can speak very little or no English, I have no problem with that either. But... that's just me.

I spent two years in Germany with a guy's family who had been an exchange student in my high school. And - you know what - the German kids would beg me to speak English so they could learn American slang, and I would have to ask them to speak German around me so I could learn german. Lotta folks here are like, "if ya can't speak english get the f... outta MY country" lol. Get a life and take a spanish lesson.
    Yup. In NYS you almost have to speak Spanish. I learned it as a kid, along with Italian. I'm a tri-lingual idiot. I can't read or write in THREE languages. I have no problem talking to people in their language. I do have a problem when they won't learn English though. I have a real big problem when they have kids, born here in the U.S. and the kids can't speak English. One can't assimilate into the population without an ability to speak the language.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS