America is a Christian Nation - Page 17
Page 17 of 156 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    When it became pagan is the real debate of when America changed in meaning and form.
    We could aslo debate why some people seem to get stuck in their own private little time warp.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    You be sure to do it.
    Well, if he she or it reads these forums, I believe I just did.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    We could aslo debate why some people seem to get stuck in their own private little time warp.
    The real debate is why some people are blind to history. No sense going there again, if you are not convinced by evidence, then a time warp it is.

The real debate is why some people are blind to history. No sense going there again, if you are not convinced by evidence, then a time warp it is.
    He has his mind made up and want let you confuse him with the facts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Here's an Eye Opener for You:

Let's say just for grins and giggles, the 70% or so of the nation's inhabitants calling themselves "Christian" constitutes what you claim the be a "Christian nation."

Out of that number, some portion are what I call "Sunday Christians," basically going through the motions attending church most Sundays, paying lip service and fees to the collection plate and going back to their wicked ways behaving no better than the Devil himself for the most part the rest of the week.

And some other portion (likely very large, but true statistics would be impossible to determine) have not been to church for years or even decades, know less about the Bible than I do, and are basically claiming to be Christians because they were baptized at some point early in life and told by their parents that is what they are.

What's left? What does that do for your "Christian nation?"

Alot of good that's doing us, huh?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Let's say just for grins and giggles, the 70% or so of the nation's inhabitants calling themselves "Christian" constitutes what you claim the be a "Christian nation."

Out of that number, some portion are what I call "Sunday Christians," basically going through the motions attending church most Sundays, paying lip servive and fees to the collection plate and going back to their wicked ways behaving no better than the Devil himself for the most part the rest of the week.

And some other portion (likely very large, but true statistics would be impossible to determine) have not been to church for years or even decades, know less about the Bible than I do, and are basically claiming to be Christians because they were baptized at some point early in life and told by their parents that is what they are.

What's left? What does that do for your "Christian nation?"

Alot of good that's doing us, huh?
    Well, America may not be Christian anymore, but it looks like at least 75% in Lancaster CA are.

YouTube - Church and State Lawsuit

It also looks like the mayor, R.Rex Paris is one of the highest paid and successful litigation attorneys in America as well. I doubt he would take on any fight he is not confident of winning. Look what he did to a biker gang:

MONGOLS 'TAKE ON' MAYOR R. REX PARRIS!

He is no stranger to the courts. They may be barking up the wrong tree this time going against this man.

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_...rris_vs_s.html

Jury Hands Down Stunning $370 Million Verdict Against Georges Marciano, GUESS ? Inc. Founder and Art Dealer, Announces R. Rex Parris

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=170051

8. Looks like Oklahoma is still Christian as well.

NewsOK

Looks like Oklahoma is still Christian as well.
    I suppose that's part of the problem. Some people cannot distinguish what it "looks like" and what it "is."

"Blind" is the key word in blind failth.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I suppose that's part of the problem. Some people cannot distinguish what it "looks like" and what it "is."

"Blind" is the key word in blind failth.
    Dear Cocked and Locked, you greatly underestimate the silent majority, but Obama will awake a sleeping tiger. We have been too comfortable for too many years and become complacent. I believe that is bravely over since the very fabric of our society is at stake. Look for more examples such as Oklahoma and Lancaster coming soon. Personally I am sick and tired of being the only MAJORITY openly persecuted in our liberal media. Time for the majority to rightfully reassert itself.

By the way, you are in grave error over your belief that faith is blind. That is a patent lie. The Bible instead says, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. The Bible is self evident and records the deeds of God's Son thousands of years before He walked in the flesh here on earth. That is how I became a believer through the faith of the TRUTH of the Bible. Nevertheless, sometimes it is not a good use of time to convince those that will not be convinced no matter what the evidence.

I don't see why anybody needs "convincing" of anything. All I'm saying is America is not a Christian nation and I believe we have a good consensus on that, so 'nuff said?