America is a Christian Nation - Page 22
Page 22 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    I'm not trying to say that scientists are perfect, and infallable because no one is. Neither do we have perfect technology that explains all. We use what we have at the time to make the best decisions possible, and as technology improves, then we must update our findings accordingly (pluto used to be considered a planet, up until recently when our technology improved, which gave us the knowledge and means to disqualify it as a planet).

However, I've never heard of any wars, or terrorist acts commited in the name of science.
    Might want to rethink that one in light of the many acts of domestic and foreign terrorism fostered by enviro-groups, all in the name of saving the planet. The foundation for their worldview is...science, or at least how they see it (I find their "science" to be severely flawed).
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Eco-wackitude, eco-fundamentalism, environmentalism, whatever you want to call it, is not based on science. It's based on paganism. It's a form of Earth worship. It's not that the science is flawed. It's that they pervert science to their own ends. Just like the old saw, "Figures don't lie, but liars can figure." "Experiments don't lie, but liars can experiment."

Now that I think about it, Earth Liberation Front terrorists burning down housing developments and firebombing small factories and Christian Fundamentalists protesting the teaching of evolution and promoting the teaching of Creationism in public schools have much in common. They are both working against the march of scientific and technological progress for the purpose of supporting their own forms of religion where their religions cannot be supported any other way.

The seemingly disparate acts are part and parcel of the same phenomenon. "I have this belief, and I'm going to make you believe it too whether you like it or not."
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    The seemingly disparate acts are part and parcel of the same phenomenon. "I have this belief, and I'm going to make you believe it too whether you like it or not."
    And that in a nutshell is the crux of the matter where it comes to the "Christian" postings in this web forum. It is a free tool with a potentially wide audience. Free advertising. Ever notice how many of the bible thumper posts go on and on at length with the typical over-used scriptures interspersed?

How else you gonna get the message out when they won't go to church?

Pandering those pamphlets takes time and effort in an increasingly losing proposition.

5. So, in summary ladies and gentlemen, God is loving, gracious god who sent his son to be tortured and die for our sins. America was founded and remains a christian nation.

Thank you very much... have a wonderful night.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    And that in a nutshell is the crux of the matter where it comes to the "Christian" postings in this web forum. It is a free tool with a potentially wide audience. Free advertising. Ever notice how many of the bible thumper posts go on and on at length with the typical over-used scriptures interspersed?

How else you gonna get the message out when they won't go to church?

Pandering those pamphlets takes time and effort in an increasingly losing proposition.
    You are certainly free to take her advice and ignore this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    You are certainly free to take her advice and ignore this thread.
    What, and ignore my part of the fair and balanced broadcasting standard for your free Internet marketing campaign?

Actually, I was thinking of getting in on some more of your threads. Would you like that?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    What, and ignore my part of the fair and balanced broadcasting standard for your free Internet marketing campaign?

Actually, I was thinking of getting in on some more of your threads. Would you like that?
    It is an open forum for those that choose to participate. You are free to join any thread you wish.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    So, in summary ladies and gentlemen, God is loving, gracious god who sent his son to be tortured and die for our sins. America was founded and remains a christian nation.
    And to repeat from my first post in this thread:

Just because you keep saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    And to repeat from my first post in this thread:

Just because you keep saying it over and over doesn't make it true.
    Sorry, we state what the facts clearly show. If America was not founded as a Christian nation, what then was it founded on. Perhaps that might actually might make for a little bit of a revived discussion on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    If America was not founded as a Christian nation, what then was it founded on.
    Just FYI, Title of this thread: America "is" a Christian nation (quotes mine).

You sir, are welcome to start a new thread about the nation's Christian history or subjects related to the founding of this nation as far as Christianity is concerned. Otherwise, your attempt to hijack the thread will be summarily ignored.

Factually speaking (since you seem to like using the term "fact") American is NOT a Christian nation.