America is a Christian Nation - Page 24
Page 24 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Looks like the argument has already been lost by the side that no longer wishes to talk facts, but has instead turned his attention to attacking me personally instead. Not a big deal, that is the usual end of these exchanges when they can no longer dispute the facts, then they attack the messenger. I quite well understand that I am able to post on this topic as much as I wish and I don't remember seeing anywhere in the rules that I needed Cocked and Locks permission.

I have found that over the years, the degree which you can even discuss this type of subject is less and less. We have had a pretty good go at it so far and I have enjoyed meeting many fellow believers here at USA carry. I came here to learn about differenct ccw issues and have been pleasantly surprised by the number of fellow believers.

Jesus is our rock.

God bless,
    My friend... you know that's how it goes. They have no other alternative but to question OUR faith, insult and persecute us. We know who God is and they know who God is. They are just trying to justify their ways by spewing this nonsense. This is virtually the same treatment that Jesus encountered as he traveled. All we can do is pray for them.

I have made great use of the "Ignore" feature. I sincerly reccomend you do the same.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Looks like the argument has already been lost by the side that no longer wishes to talk facts, but has instead turned his attention to attacking me personally instead. Not a big deal, that is the usual end of these exchanges when they can no longer dispute the facts, then they attack the messenger.
    Jesus is our rock.

God bless,
    They can't talk facts because they have to ignore the facts just to sleep at night. Their GREATEST FEAR is of something that they profess not to believe in. They're really pathetic when you stop to think about it. The peace that we Christians share everyday in a world filled with perplexity, is the same peace that allows us to lay our heads on our pillows each night, a perfect peace that only God can give. Yes, Jesus is our rock, fear not, sleep well.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080"
    They have no other alternative ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo"
    They can't talk facts...
    Why the adversarial tone? It's us vs. them! Oh sorry, I forgot - that's the nature of your beast.

"We're right, by GOD it is a Christian nation, whether they like it or not because we say so!" (translated into non-sectarian language)

Nope, sorry. Just becasue you keep saying it doesn't make it true.

And your rude persistence refusing to recognize the non-Christian aspects of this issue won't make your problem go away. So wail away to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Why the adversarial tone? It's us vs. them! Oh sorry, I forgot - that's the nature of your beast.

"We're right, by GOD it is a Christian nation, whether they like it or not because we say so!" (translated into non-sectarian language)

Nope, sorry. Just becasue you keep saying it doesn't make it true.

And your rude persistence refusing to recognize the non-Christian aspects of this issue won't make your problem go away. So wail away to your heart's content.
    Wrong again, it's the nature of your beast, you're the one that evolved, not me . I don't have the problem with non- Christian aspects, that's your problem and why you're pathetic, and why I feel sorry for you. Check your dictionary. You would consider any persistence of truth directed your way as rude, it's a projection of your inability to comprehend and control your frustration, poor thing.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Did Jesus come and do and be the person that He said He is and was? That is the entire issue right there. You tell me not to use the Bible as my evidence. Are you serious? You want to frame the discussion to not include the Bible or the gospel? Sorry, but that is the entire argument. Sorry, but if you don't want to hear about these issues, then 20 pages is already way to many.
    I was hoping that you could present factual evidence that could be seen and handled, and undisputed by all. I request that you dont use the bible, because that seems to be your ONLY source. AND that every other religion also has a holy book that they follow. Some even use the same bible/version as you do.

Which leads to the next question, why do you think that yours is better than anyone elses? All of the other religions have some sort of holy book that was passed down to them by some prophet/cleric/etc that exclusively heard the words of their deity. Also, every holy book has been written by a human (which we have already have discussed how humans are easily susceptibleto greed and cooruption). Also, every holy book has been edited by a human. Part I'm sure have been left out, or added in an attempt to satisfy whomever was in charge at that time. (King James bible, edited down to please king james...).

Now, I'm guessing that the argument will turn to personal expierience. Prayer. "I pray and got an answer from god" hmmm, sounds alot like "I meditate and recieved enlightenment", or "the little voices inside my head told me to do it". Dear Alaska, you have made mention many times of your medical degrees (which are impressive, and congrats on your accomplishments), so you should know that as humans we only use a very small percentage of our brains and the power that they have the potential for. Isn't it possible that a person could convince himself/herself so completely of something that their mind will make things up just to satisfy the demand? Isn't this how athletes/soldiers fight through pain? This occurance could also explain why people that have lost a limb still have phantom pains in the missing limb. So couldn't this same line of thought be applied to a belief system as well? You hope and wish so hard to hear from god, that your mind will answer for you. You could take natural occurances that you come across and misinterprit them as signs or miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Wrong again, it's the nature of your beast, you're the one that evolved, not me . I don't have the problem with non- Christian aspects, that's your problem and why you're pathetic, and why I feel sorry for you. Check your dictionary. You would consider any persistence of truth directed your way as rude, it's a projection of your inability to comprehend and control your frustration, poor thing.
    That is an interesting statement to say about yourself; that you have not evolved but we have... hmm... lets extrapolate from this. You are stuck in your midevil superstitions, while the rest of us have stopped believing that the world is flat, and that the only way to get it to rain is by prayer. Pretty humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    I was hoping that you could present factual evidence that could be seen and handled, and undisputed by all. I request that you dont use the bible, because that seems to be your ONLY source. AND that every other religion also has a holy book that they follow. Some even use the same bible/version as you do.

Which leads to the next question, why do you think that yours is better than anyone elses? All of the other religions have some sort of holy book that was passed down to them by some prophet/cleric/etc that exclusively heard the words of their deity. Also, every holy book has been written by a human (which we have already have discussed how humans are easily susceptibleto greed and cooruption). Also, every holy book has been edited by a human. Part I'm sure have been left out, or added in an attempt to satisfy whomever was in charge at that time. (King James bible, edited down to please king james...).

Now, I'm guessing that the argument will turn to personal expierience. Prayer. "I pray and got an answer from god" hmmm, sounds alot like "I meditate and recieved enlightenment", or "the little voices inside my head told me to do it". Dear Alaska, you have made mention many times of your medical degrees (which are impressive, and congrats on your accomplishments), so you should know that as humans we only use a very small percentage of our brains and the power that they have the potential for. Isn't it possible that a person could convince himself/herself so completely of something that their mind will make things up just to satisfy the demand? Isn't this how athletes/soldiers fight through pain? This occurance could also explain why people that have lost a limb still have phantom pains in the missing limb. So couldn't this same line of thought be applied to a belief system as well? You hope and wish so hard to hear from god, that your mind will answer for you. You could take natural occurances that you come across and misinterprit them as signs or miracles?
    Which leads to the next question, why do you think that yours is better than anyone elses?

Why is mine better? Because my God sent his Son to die for me.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    The United States is a country where approximately 75% of the population claims belief in at least one of the various Christian denominations or cults.

Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with the nation as a whole and religion is strictly separated from governmental matters as a matter of policy.

Just because you keep saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

Just take a look around Washington DC,,God is all around in the sturctures,,,,how can a sane person deny him being what this country was built on

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Which leads to the next question, why do you think that yours is better than anyone elses?

Why is mine better? Because my God sent his Son to die for me.
    Never said mine was better, never even mentioned what mine was. Just looking for some proof as to why you believe in yours.

So, yours is better because god sent someone to die... or that is how the story goes anyway. How do you know that this is a fact based story? Do you have any other proof to support this story? Because, I have read many of stories. Some with monsters, some with zombies, some that rhyme, some that have pictures. This doesnt make them true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockfan1963 View Post
    Just take a look around Washington DC,,God is all around in the sturctures,,,,how can a sane person deny him being what this country was built on
    Your childhood was based on santa clause, and other similar fairy tales... they are in books and posters and parades, and etc... do you still believe in those as well?