America is a Christian Nation - Page 27
Page 27 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    What's really sad is your unrelenting quest to preach to me (and anyone who reads this) after being repeatedly rebuffed.

    There's an old saying that goes something like this: " One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
    Sorry, not preaching to you at all, but I can't stop you reading what I wrote to Onlinedad and the others on this thread now can I. Lighten up man, you are free to believe what you wish. No consternation from me at all.

    Cheers,

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post




    Then what's with all the assumption of the hypothesis crap? Nothing like repeating the same trite aphorisms over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over without elaboration as a tool for witnessing and spreading the gospel.

    What's really sad, C&L, are the people attempting to be persuasive with their writing, yet rely on spill-Czech to make their posts seem all the more erudite and sagacious when a thesaurus would work so much better.

    Also, homonymic malapropisms FTL!
    Huh??? What did you say? Whatever it was, it looks like it is off topic.

    Cheers,

  4. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993

    Whatever. As you were.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  5. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    Okay, one last comment and then I'll pretty much abandon this thread to rock throwing and name calling.

    Yes, America is a Christian nation.

    We are also an Atheist nation.

    We are also a Jewish nation.

    We are also a Muslim nation.

    We are also a Hindu nation.

    We are also a Buddhist nation.

    We are also a Shinto nation.

    We are also a Pagan nation.

    We are also a Zoroastrian nation.

    We are a religious nation. We are an irreligious nation. We are our people, and our people are all those things, each and every one and more, and for anyone among us to deny anyone else among us their Constitutional rights, whether the right to worship as they see fit, whatever they see fit, or to refrain from worshiping; of freedom of speech, or refusal to speak; of freedom of the press, or to decline to publish; to the right to keep and bear arms, or to be a pacifist; That denial of one diminishes us all, but none are diminished so much as the deniers themselves, for they have left behind the very comforts and protections of the same Constitution which they claim to be using to support their own arguments and have pitched their tents with the autocrats and the theocrats and the oligarchs.

    I just hope they have fun in those campsites roasting marshmellows over their campfires. I prefer the strong, warm, and dry house which the Constitution confers.

    Have a nice day.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  6. #265
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Do I sense a twinge of guilt in your harsh treatment of the Christians here, Cathy?

    Of course we are a nation of many various ethnic and religious backgrounds. Unfortunately some in the Christian sector believe it is their God-given forefathers-established, religious majority right to claim exclusivity and politically correct ownership of the "nation" as 'twere.

    Horse hockey. They are full of it and I for one am fed up with it. As are many who they remain blissfully unaware of in their Christian rapture.

    Deal with it. (Rock thrown)

  7. Not sure why I took those two off of ignore. Well, back they go.

  8. #267
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Not sure why I took those two off of ignore.
    Because the 2-way communication street poses some unique pitfalls in the online community as Cathy pointed out and you failed to comprehend. For the same reason you quote scriptures and preach the gospel here, your message begs acknowledgement to fulfill your irrational need to spread the word.

    Just thought I'd fill you in, since you were wondering, but apparently now you will never know.

  9. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Because the 2-way communication street poses some unique pitfalls in the online community as Cathy pointed out and you failed to comprehend. For the same reason you quote scriptures and preach the gospel here, your message begs acknowledgement to fulfill your irrational need to spread the word.

    Just thought I'd fill you in, since you were wondering, but apparently now you will never know.
    "They" have to spread the word. It is a requirment of memebership. Some houses of the lord require the members report their efforts. They get points towards a stay in Branson.

  10. #269
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    America is not a Christian nation.
    That all depends on the idea or intellectual concept one attaches to the term "Christian nation" and the rules and principles one follows to ascertain the meaning of the Constitution.

  11. #270
    It appears as though the only two sides here is christian, and antichristian. I am wondering if there are any other people looking through this thread of a different religion. That way we can get another different perspective.

    Maybe another religion that has a holy book that they follow, that also is believed to be the complete truth by them.

    Because this is what I understand of different religions, (please feel free to correct me)

    Jews believe in Jewism because their book says to, and there book is right, and has been culturally passed down to them. They pray and recieve answers from their god. And, they have not found any evidence to contridict it.

    Budists believe in Budism because they have many different scrolls that are right, and have been culturally passed down to them. They meditate and recieve enlightenment from their god(s). And, they have not been presented with evidence to contridict it.

    Hindus believe in hinduism because of a long line of tradition of passing it down. They also have teachings and writing to support their beliefs, and those are right. They also meditate and recieve enlightenment. Also they have not been presented with evidence to contridict it.

    Muslims believe in Islam, which also is one god, one prophet religion. With there own book that is right. They spend alot of time at prayer. And, I'm sure that they recieve answers/replies from their god. Also, they have not been presented with evidence to contridict it.

    Paganism, this one is a little more complicated, because the word Pagen has been misused to pretty much label any other religion out there. However, most pagen beliefs are based on pre-christian beliefs. Its a bit hard for pagens to find authintic/original books, or documentation (thanks to the christians and they're great idea to destroy any and all information, or people that might contridict their religion, good job with that one, I'm sure thats what god would have wanted).

    Whats also amazing is that you can find these religions here, in America, and all over the world as well. Along with many many more.

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 08:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast