America is a Christian Nation - Page 30
Page 30 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I find this portion of your little Bible riddle most telling, because it speaks to the very nature of the self-delusional notion of believing this is a Christian nation. The only issue for those remaining in denial about their faith's control over this nation is how difficult it will be to swallow when the reality you may refer to as either heaver or hell depending on your point of view at that time sets in.

But you'll be in heaven then, right? So nevermind, no worries.
    You are simply wrong once again. Since I was saved through my Saviour, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I have preached to whoever will listen. If they don't want to listen, so be it. I find no joy in those that refuse to acknowledge the truth and are willingly ignorant as Peter tells us. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked as well.

Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

8When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

10Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins [be] upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?

11Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Paul tells us the same thing in the New Testament:

Acts 20:20[And] how I kept back nothing that was profitable [unto you], but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

22And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I [am] pure from the blood of all [men].

27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Dear Cocked and Locked, it is up to you what you do with the word of God, you are accountable for your own actions. We also are accountable to make sure that all have heard His saving word. What greater place to do that than in an off topic thread such as this for anyone that chooses to enter and read the discussion. It all comes down to free will and personal accountability with what you do with your life. You can live for God, or you can live for yourself. Both actions have their own reward.

It took me about 3 seconds not to read that.

You can keep telling me I'm wrong and cite one scripture after another to ostensibly "prove" your position, but I'm not buyin' it.

And I use the term "prove" loosely.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    It took me about 3 seconds not to read that.

You can keep telling me I'm wrong and cite one scripture after another to ostensibly "prove" your position, but I'm not buyin' it.

And I use the term "prove" loosely.
    Sorry to hear that. If you would have taken the time to read the short set of verses, you would see that it is all about warning, not proving. God already says we are all without excuse simply by the things that He has Created.

Nevertheless, isn't free will wonderful, for without it, we would all be in trouble. Some choose well, some don't. If you can't find God, it is because you are not looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Some choose well, some don't.
    Ah yes, we peel off another layer of the Christian onion to reveal Alaska has inadvertently shown his true colors. I believe the therm "holier than thou" comes to mind.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Ah yes, we peel off another layer of the Christian onion to reveal Alaska has inadvertently shown his true colors. I believe the therm "holier than thou" comes to mind.
    Sorry, wrong again my friend. Any born again Christian will tell you that we are saved through grace, not works. What do you suppose us born again Christians are saved from? It's called sin my friend. Holier than thou? Not at all my friend. Just one beggar telling another beggar where to find good bread.

But you inferred that you choose well and I do not, with regard to things of spirit or faith. Did you not characterize my failure to accept Christ as a "bad" choice?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    But you inferred that you choose well and I do not, with regard to things of spirit or faith. Did you not characterize my failure to accept Christ as a "bad" choice?
    Yes, I do absolutely believe all that reject Christ have made a bad decision. I am hopeful that you will some day change your mind. I did at the age of 36.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Yes, I do absolutely believe all that reject Christ have made a bad decision. I am hopeful that you will some day change your mind. I did at the age of 36.
    At age 25 during a mortar attack.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    At age 25 during a mortar attack.
    Kevin, I was in the Army for nine years, but all of it state side. I did get saved while in the Army as well, out in the desert of Ft. Irwin of all places. I have a great respect for all that have seen combat, something that I am grateful I never had to do myself. The saying is that there are no atheists in fox holes.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Kevin, I was in the Army for nine years, but all of it state side. I did get saved while in the Army as well, out in the desert of Ft. Irwin of all places. I have a great respect for all that have seen combat, something that I am grateful I never had to do myself. The saying is that there are no atheists in fox holes.
    Thank you for your service.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com