America is a Christian Nation - Page 42
Page 42 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #411
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter2 View Post
    Most certainly not one that can be forced on people without dire consequences.
    There are even greater dire consequences for the failure to provide all Americans access to quality and affordable health care.

  2.   
  3. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    These don't change my Friend.

    1. "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me..."
    This commandment is to believe in the existence of God and His influence on events in the world.
    2. "Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."
    This prohibits the construction or fashioning of "idols" in the likeness of created things (beasts, fish, birds, people) and worshipping them.
    3. "Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."
    This commandment is to never take the name of God in a vain, pointless or insincere oath.
    4. "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (the version in Deuteronomy reads shamor, "observe")
    The seventh day of the week is termed Shabbat and is holy, just as God ceased creative activity during Creation.
    5. "Honor your father and your mother..."
    The obligation to honor one's parents is an obligation that one owes to God and fulfills this obligation through one's actions towards one's parents.
    6. "Do not murder"
    Murdering a human being is a capital sin.
    7. "Do not commit adultery."
    Adultery is defined as sexual intercourse between a man and a married woman who is not his wife.
    8. "Do not steal."
    9. "Do not bear false witness against your neighbor"
    One must not bear false witness in a court of law or other proceeding.
    10. "Do not covet your neighbor's wife"
    One is forbidden to desire and plan how one may obtain that which God has given to another.
    Generally I agree that these should be good rules to follow on a morality basis. However, you should not need a god to tell you not to do these things, or to live by these standards. And, just because these things have not changed with the church, does not mean that other church like stances, and ideology hasnt changed, such as the churches stance on homosexuality, the place of a woman in the church, etc. When the same scripture that you use to follow, also gives direction to do some other atrocious acts, where do you draw the line? How can you decide to follow some of the rules of the scripture, but choose to ignore the other? There are some that say that you HAVE to live this way because the bible says this, but the bible also says some other hideous things, that you tend to ignore.

  4. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    There are even greater dire consequences for the failure to provide all Americans access to quality and affordable health care.
    What kind of message does it send to the American people if our govt would refuse to help our own people. Our govt provides help and food, and medical care to other 3rd world nations to help them out. But, when it comes to our own people, well... if you dont work for a good company that has and offers health care, well I guess your just **** out of luck. How are we setting the example for other countries to live by if we cannot keep our own people healthy, and in work?

  5. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    Why not?
    Because of separation of church and state. The church has no authority from me or to speak on my behalf. I go to hear the word of God, not political posturing.

  6. #415
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    What kind of message does it send to the American people if our govt would refuse to help our own people.
    I'm afraid the working class would revolt and destroy the economic system that has enabled me to become filthy rich.

  7. #416
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter2 View Post
    Because of separation of church and state.
    Health care isn't religion, shooter. Religion is the duty we owe to our Creator and the manner and methods of discharging it. The duty to provide our fellow man with health care, if there actually is such an obligation, is owed to our fellow man, not to God.

  8. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    I'm afraid the working class would revolt and destroy the economic system that has enabled me to become filthy rich.
    If you're so "filthy rich", as a socialist you should give that money back to the government for the redistribution of wealth that you say you support. A true socialist would.

  9. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    If you're so "filthy rich", as a socialist you should give that money back to the government for the redistribution of wealth that you say you support. A true socialist would.
    Socialists like the true hypocrites they are favor redistribution of other peoples money not their own. They don't mind being on the receiving end of distribution just as long as theirs is not taken.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #419
    Charles Cooper needs to realize that it isn't the working class that can destroy our economy...it's the Obama regime that WILL do it, if unrestrained spending by the government isn't stopped!!!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  11. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    There are even greater dire consequences for the failure to provide all Americans access to quality and affordable health care.
    For one, there is no Constitutional authority for the government to involve itself in health care. Not even Article One Section Eight with the most liberal interpretation allows it. The Tenth Amendment specifically says that "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people". That's why many states are suing.

    And, I simply do not want the federal government deciding issues on my health care or for those I love. Rationing would become rampant.

    No one is denied health care today because of an inability to pay. Every emergency room will care for those in need.

    And again, because the federal government has a dismal track record in running anything. Hell, they could not even run the Chicken Ranch when it was claimed because of delinquent taxes.

    Does the health care system need work? Yes. Just not by Obama, Reid. Pelosi and the gang. If the plan is so good, why did they exempt themselves???

    And the list goes on...

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast