America is a Christian Nation - Page 47
Page 47 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1 Timothy 6:20 (King James Version)

20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Seems like at one time the science of the day thought the sun revolved around the earth.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

mojo Guest
    From Wallbuilders..........

Noah Webster

REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIER; JUDGE; LEGISLATOR; EDUCATOR; “SCHOOLMASTER TO AMERICA”

[T]he religion which has introduced civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His apostles… This is genuine Christianity and to this we owe our free constitutions of government.130

The moral principles and precepts found in the Scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws.131

All the… evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible.132

[O]ur citizens should early understand that the genuine source of correct republican principles is the Bible, particularly the New Testament, or the Christian religion.133

[T]he Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children under a free government ought to be instructed. No truth is more evident than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people.134

The Bible is the chief moral cause of all that is good and the best corrector of all that is evil in human society – the best book for regulating the temporal concerns of men.135

[T]he Christian religion… is the basis, or rather the source, of all genuine freedom in government… I am persuaded that no civil government of a republican form can exist and be durable in which the principles of Christianity have not a controlling influence.136

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    This does some up the position of the church on a lot of aspects doesnt it? People are always learning, but the church still refuses to believe in it...
    Proverbs 14:6 "A scoffer seeks wisdom and does not find it."
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Dear Onlinedad, you don't understand once again. What you believe is "science" is not. Since when does science use assumptions to prove an unknown age. Assumptions are a valid part a hypothesis ONCE they are proven. The age of the earth is one of the greatest hoaxes because all of their measurements are dependent on knowing the original conditions, some thing that CANNOT be known at all.

Likewise, the so called "science" of evolution. Darwin's theory was of slow gradual accumulated changes over time changing a frog into a prince with "time." However, that is not what is observed. Creatures in the fossil records do not have these slow gradual changes, they instead stay the same over time. Once again, that is the main point of Stephen J. Gould's Punctuated Equlibrium theory where rapid changes or saltations feeds evolution. Yet, this is never observed. In other words, the lack of evidence became his evidence. Is that science?

Punctuated Equilibrium

instead of a slow, continuous movement, evolution tends to be characterized by long periods of virtual standstill ("equilibrium"), "punctuated" by episodes of very fast development of new forms.

Punctuated Equilibrium

You look at the Grand Canyon and because of the brainwashing of evolution which requires a huge age of the earth to work, and you BELIEVE that it took millions of years of a little tiny river eating away at the big hole in the ground. Some simple facts to consider, the Colorado river would have had to run up hill for millions of years to do what people believe it did. Where the Colorado river enters the canyon is lower than where it ends, something called the Kaibab Plateau. Are you aware that there is no accepted scientific theory today on how the Grand Canyon formed by secular scientists? Rivers do not run UPHILL, something called gravity prevents this. How did the Grand Canyon form my friend? Please tell me if you know. Tell me also how there are NO erosion marks between the layers alledged to be millions of years apart. Tell me how the oceans rose and shrank in between each of these "geologic" layers.

Rethinking the Formation of The Grand Canyon!

Why does it cut though a Plateau?

This summer more than three million tourists will venture to the rim of the Grand Canyon and are likely to feel their jaws drop as they gaze upon the world famous spectacle: a vast wilderness of rocks, deep gorges and a mighty river lost below cliffs, buttes and pinnacles festooned in pastel shades of purple, orange, pink and green.

Inevitably, some of these visitors will turn to a park ranger and ask: "How did the Grand Canyon get formed? Why did this happen here and nowhere else?"

The honest answer is that nobody knows. One hundred and thirty-one years after John Wesley Powell first mapped the Colorado River by riding its 161 rapids in heavy wooden boats, no one can prove how the canyon was formed.

Rethinking the Formation of The Grand Canyon!

So, Onlinedad, if you KNOW how the Grand Canyon formed, you are the only one in the world right now that does. I suspect you are completely ignorant of the fact that there is no prevailing theory of how it formed under the uniformitarian theories of the earths creation and it landmarks.

There is no problem explaining what is seen in the Grand Canyon from a creationist perspective. The only scientific experiment on how layers of sediment are formed is from Guy Berthault at the University of Colorado. The long held ASSUMPTION that layers are accumulated slowly over time, one on top of each other is only true in stagnent water that is not moving. On the other hand, in water that is moving which is all large bodies of water subject to wind and the sun and other forces of nature, the layers are layed down laterally and several parallel layers at the same time. Take 36 minutes of your time to learn about the only scientific experiment in a controlled laboratory setting on how sediments cause layers. It is NOT intuitively obvious a priori what you will observe in the following video with your own eyes. Open your eyes my friend, you are brainwashed.

Experiments In Stratification
    The Geology of the Grand Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    From Wallbuilders..........

Noah Webster

REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIER; JUDGE; LEGISLATOR; EDUCATOR; “SCHOOLMASTER TO AMERICA”

[T]he religion which has introduced civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His apostles… This is genuine Christianity and to this we owe our free constitutions of government.130

The moral principles and precepts found in the Scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws.131

All the… evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible.132

[O]ur citizens should early understand that the genuine source of correct republican principles is the Bible, particularly the New Testament, or the Christian religion.133

Wallbuildes is one of the best sources to obtain information on writings of the founding fathers.

[T]he Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children under a free government ought to be instructed. No truth is more evident than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people.134

The Bible is the chief moral cause of all that is good and the best corrector of all that is evil in human society – the best book for regulating the temporal concerns of men.135

[T]he Christian religion… is the basis, or rather the source, of all genuine freedom in government… I am persuaded that no civil government of a republican form can exist and be durable in which the principles of Christianity have not a controlling influence.136

Wallbuilders is without a doubt one of the best sources for writings of the founding fathers.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

mojo Guest
    Yes HK it is.......and it is loaded with "proof" of our nations beginings, documented, verified and re-verified, not some Phds idea of revisionist history!! That piece is just one in a long list of founders, signers, justices, teachers etc. NO ONE in their right mind can see this and the other examples and say we were not founded as and remain a CHRISTIAN NATION!
    I would invite all to go explore Wallbuilders.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Yes HK it is.......and it is loaded with "proof" of our nations beginings, documented, verified and re-verified, not some Phds idea of revisionist history!! That piece is just one in a long list of founders, signers, justices, teachers etc. NO ONE in their right mind can see this and the other examples and say we were not founded as and remain a CHRISTIAN NATION!
    I would invite all to go explore Wallbuilders.
    Their office and book store is not to far from me and I have been to it. In fact a lady from my church and former home school group works there.

9. Is it fair to assume that the two sides will not come to an agreement?
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Is it fair to assume that the two sides will not come to an agreement?
    Yes. Certainly not quickly.

Further, it would be to everyone's benefit to study the others argument(s). Read science and study scripture. I love both and over time have become more convinced that there is a God and in the Hypothesis of the long day of creation. For me, too many things that are a fact scientifically are much too complex to be mere accidents. shooter2

Blog Entries
    After reading some the wallbuilders information that mojo suggested.
    I am more sure than ever that America Is A Christian Nation and has been since it's conception.
    WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - George Washington, Thomas Jefferson & Slavery in Virginia
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower