America is a Christian Nation - Page 52
Page 52 of 156 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    When I mention the prophet and add "blessings upon his name" I do it out of respect for Muslim Americans as this is the proper way to refer to Mohammed, just like most Christians add "our Lord" when mentioning Jesus.

The Tanakh is not the same as the Old Testament. Although probably 85% similar, many passages are worded completely different from the OT. The OT was reworded by Christian church to match the NT. The TANAKH follows the old Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew wording. It is a Jewish book , written by Jews and for Jews. When I study the "old book" I use the TANAKH. I use a Greek Interlinear to study the NT.

You mention the horror of Sharia Law. The Mosaic Law in the OT requires that a divorced man and his wife be stoned to death if either remarries. It also requires the stoning to death of a unruly child. All of the old codes were harsh regardless of which culture. OT Law is just as violent and unforgiving as Sharia Law. Yeshua ben Joseph, the Nazarene, taught us an entirely different code in the NT.

The Supreme Court building not only has Moses on the frieze but also Mohammed, Confucious, Solon and many others. Moses is not in a place of prominence on the frieze. Most of the forefathers were Deist or Unitarian btw and did not believe in a triune GOD but in one GOD. Trying to tie Christianity to the Constitution is wrong. However there is a strong reference to GOD in all of our writings, they don't identify how to define GOD. In short they don't give a mailing address, they use the Generic term GOD for the creator and don't say by whose religion.
    I commend you for your scholarship and use of the Tanakh in your studies, however, I use the Jerusalem Bible, Douhy-Rheims version of the Bible, the King James version which all, in general, read the same. I will admit that there are other versions, which under the guise of Christianity, are anything but accurate. While there is a lot of similarity to the Torah and the Koran, there are several differences which have been adulterated in translations from the original versions as well as substitution and/or denial of deities. In particular, in Islam, Jesus is relegated to the position of a prophet, not the living Son of God and second person in the Trinity. I can not, and will not, accept His position as being inferior to that of Muhammad. If you are a Christian, as you profess, neither can you accept this premise. I believe religious history is important and would encourage everyone to study as much as possible. Salvation of the soul is our ultimate goal and, in my thoughts, Jesus Christ is the only salvation for this world. If others prefer to think otherwise, that is fine because Phillipians 2:12 states ".....work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." As I have said before, "Hell is truth seen too late." As for Sharia law, let the Muslims have it. It is violent to say the least and imposes penalties upon people that are inhumane and barbaric. That is not the system this country wants or would stand for.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I commend you for your scholarship and use of the Tanakh in your studies, however, I use the Jerusalem Bible, Douhy-Rheims version of the Bible, the King James version which all, in general, read the same. I will admit that there are other versions, which under the guise of Christiaanity, are anything but accurate. While there is a lot of similarity to the Torah and the Koran, there are several differences which have been adulterated in translations from the original versions as well as substitution and/or denial of deities. In particular, in Islam, Jesus is relegated to the position of a prophet, not the living Son of God and second person in the Trinity. I can not, and will not, accept His position as being inferior to that of Muhammad. If you are a Christian, as you profess, neither can you accept this premise. I believe religious history is important and would encourage everyone to study as much as possible. Salvation of the soul is our ultimate goal and, in my thoughts, Jesus Christ is the only salvation for this world. If others prefer to think otherwise, that is fine because Phillipians 2:12 states ".....work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." As I have said before, "Hell is truth seen too late." As for Sharia law, let the Muslims have it. It is violent to say the least and imposes penalties upon people that are inhumane and barbaric. That is not the system this country wants or would stand for.
    (The crowd hushes suddenly)

What, are you not liking the idea of clitoral mutilation for girls or honor killings? Oh, and I suppose you think the jihad against all nonbelievers of allah is not justified? You hate monger! hehe

Muhammed cartoons were funny. Shall we also call for the death of those who draw Christ in insulting fashion or is it only acceptable for muslims to call for vengeful murder?

BTW, I don't care if ObaMao would be offended by a post like this, his anti-American policies are offensive to me.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

At the time of the founding this nation certainly was predominantly Christian. But even then the founders were smart enough to keep politics / state affairs and religion separate.

5. You talk about the separation of Church and State. How bout you go look up the origin. It's not to keep the Church out of the Govt. It's to keep the Govt. out of the Church. This was put into effect so that no governing body could mandate religion or worship. Get the facts straight.

6. Wrong not Joshua or Yoshua. Yeshua is the name that they translated from. I'm sure there were Jews that fought in the war, I bet there were a lot of different cultures. But this is a Christian nation. And it doesn't matter what specific name he was called. WE call HIM.... Jesus, Yahweh, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace, The Lamb of God, I Am, The Word, Messiah, Jehovah, and many many more. I will forever call Him MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!!!

7. I deeply appreciate you for this post. Thank you:-)

8. You say that she came after our "So called God" but where you are wrong (along with other numerous areas I'm sure) is that God doesn't exist in time. He created it. He always has been and always will be. He IS. Period! Call me thick headed if you want to. But Jesus died for all of mankind. That includes YOU. Like it or not. He died for all of your sins too. And will always live you and desire for you to love Him as well. Dont even go anywhere with any kind of Gay remark either. It's not a sexual love. It's a love as in a family sense.

9. Wow you are full of hate and contempt. Who hurt you? I bet someone in a church messed it all up for you and now you hate the idea of a loving God because of a poor representative. Jesus loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by DHughes757 View Post
    You talk about the separation of Church and State. How bout you go look up the origin. It's not to keep the Church out of the Govt. It's to keep the Govt. out of the Church. This was put into effect so that no governing body could mandate religion or worship. Get the facts straight.
    Assuming you are replying to my post (you really might want to consider using the quote function) ... maybe. Fact is, government and religion don't mix very well IMHO.

Fact is, government and religion don't mix very well IMHO.[/QUOTE]

A good example of this is Iran. They are about to murder a citizen purely because his religion is not the government mandated religion.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan