America is a Christian Nation - Page 55
Page 55 of 156 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Blog Entries
    I feel sorry for you friend
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blog Entries

Please let Obama know we are not and will never be a Muslim Nation we are a Christian

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    In an effort to push to a 55th page of responses, let me say that as long as people continue to believe in an all-powerful being that doesn't really exist (regardless of which version of "god" they happen to advocate), this "deceased equine" will continue to be beaten - everywhere. IMHO, you don't need to be "a believer" to know what's right and wrong, or to recognize a tangible threat to your natural freedoms and liberties.

Wake up people. Waiting for "god" to come down and rescue you is just as pointless as watching a reality TV show and expecting "reality".
    Your right People do need to wake up and they are.

This country was founded with God's guidance and slowly we have forgotten God and pushed him out of our lives, our schools, and definitely our government.

We have fallen for the lies that the non believers and the Progressives have spread.

Read the Communist Goals of 1963, the only thing that has changed is the Name and face of Communism.

Until we again put God First we will continue to Decline as a Nation.

In 1776 Congress passed the Northwest Ordinance, it emphasized the essential need to teach religion and morality in schools.

Article 3: Religion, morality, and knowledge being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind schools and means of education shall forever be encouraged.

There never was and never will be a separation of Church and State.

Ben Franklin said there are five point of fundamental religion that should be taught in school.

1. There exists a Creator who made all things, and mankind should recognize and worship him.

2. The Creator has revealed a moral code of behavior for happy living which distinguishes right from wrong.

3. The Creator holds mankind responsible for the way they treat each other.

4. All mankind live beyond their life.

5. In the next life mankind are judged for their conduct in this one.

Samuel Adams said, “ That this group of basic beliefs which constitute the religion of America is a religion of all mankind”

John Adams called these basic tenets the “:general principles “ on which the American civilization had been founded.

Thomas Jefferson called these basic beliefs the principles “in which God has united us all”.

George Washington said, “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports”.

De Tocqueville pointed out that “in France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in different directions. “But in America they are intimately united”.

He also said, “ the sects (different denominations) that exist in America are innumerable“. “Each sect adores the Deity in its own peculiar manner, but all sects preach the moral law in the name of God“. “All the sects of the United States are comprised within the great unity of Christianity, and the Christian morality is everywhere the same”.

Please let Obama know we are not and will never be a Muslim Nation we are a Christian Nation.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

This is so dumb. Nobody is trying to make this a Muslim Nation

In an effort to push to a 55th page of responses, let me say that as long as people continue to believe in an all-powerful being that doesn't really exist (regardless of which version of "god" they happen to advocate), this "deceased equine" will continue to be beaten - everywhere. IMHO, you don't need to be "a believer" to know what's right and wrong, or to recognize a tangible threat to your natural freedoms and liberties.

Wake up people. Waiting for "god" to come down and rescue you is just as pointless as watching a reality TV show and expecting "reality".
    You sir (or maam, whichever the case may be), through ignorance of the Bible, have just become a witness to the inerrancy of scripture. I refer you to 2 Peter, Chap. 3, verse 3. You appear to be one of the "scoffers of the last days" written about so many years ago. Doesn't that sort of make your skin tingle? Did "Someone" know about you and others of like mind when this was written? Could it be.......the truth? Could it be that the All-powerful Being you allude to actually exists? Gee, what if He does? Personally, I believe that He does and the Bible validates that each day to me. This" deceased equine" will never go away and will never be beaten. He is here to stay and there are too many like minded people on here to ever let Him be forgotten. If you don't agree, that is your decision but, as the Bible says, "...when you see all these things begin to happen, look up, for your Redemption draweth nigh." Will you be looking up or will you ignore Him?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Mike: Have you noticed what has happened in Europe and England? The Muslims have all but taken over there. They have a good foothold in this country with their enclaves in large cities. They even have a Muslim Center here in southeast Alabama. The goal of Islam is to become the world religion so don't ever think this could not happen. With luck, it won't happen in our lifetime but, who knows?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DHughes757 View Post
    You talk about the separation of Church and State. How bout you go look up the origin. It's not to keep the Church out of the Govt. It's to keep the Govt. out of the Church. This was put into effect so that no governing body could mandate religion or worship. Get the facts straight.
    I thought this was an obvious idea to understand based on the references available just by reading some of the writings by some of the founding fathers. Along with that would simply be the following, which has gone out the window now by many publik screwal systems disallowing prayer or even wearing a cross:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;
    or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Amendment I - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Incidentally, its usually those elite members of government on the left who support infringements against this amendment, usually having a "D" behind the name regardless of what anyone says to the contrary. The organizations that support the disposal of freedom to wear a cross or openly pray predominately support the left as well. I don't mind stirring that pot as those supporting the current regime in DC and their supportes know it's true regardless of the bantor they will provide.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Where do I begin? I'll save this page and then after putting together some snope's researched quotes, some historical data, writings from captured jihadist's along with some more recent current events details I'd be more than happy to show the multitude of reasons that IronMike is a bit rusty in that line of thinking. Till then...
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries

Look at numbers 27 & 28 in the communist goals provided by congress as noted in Debray's post on thread page 54. You are a pawn jsimmons and are being willingly used.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Look at numbers 27 & 28 in the communist goals provided by congress as noted in Debray's post on thread page 54. You are a pawn jsimmons and are being willingly used.
    But am I a white pawn, or a black pawn?

I prefer to think of myself as a free-thinker and a realist. If I'm such a sinner, and therefore an affront to "god's" sensitivities, why doesn't he strike me down? Because he's too busy making sure children go hungry, or die of cancer, or allowing jihadists to scatter their physical bits all across the countryside taking innocent folks along with them. Yeah - some "god" you got there, partner.

I believe in the Constitution and my weapons. After that, everything else is rumor and conjecture supported by by half-truths and statistics. There is no god, and we're going to have to save ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    You sir (or maam, whichever the case may be), through ignorance of the Bible
    What gives you the impression that I'm ignorant of the contents of the bible?

, have just become a witness to the inerrancy of scripture.
    Waitaminit - I gotta go get some popcorn, cause this is gonna be great.

I refer you to 2 Peter, Chap. 3, verse 3. You appear to be one of the "scoffers of the last days" written about so many years ago.
    I prefer the label "realist" myself, but continue.

Doesn't that sort of make your skin tingle?
    Not in the least.

Did "Someone" know about you and others of like mind when this was written? Could it be.......the truth?
    I suppose some folks would think so - if they're weak-minded. I predicted that our country would fall to ruin if Obama was elected, and I was right. I hope they spell my name right in the next "bible"...

Could it be that the All-powerful Being you allude to actually exists?
    Not unless you're strung out on some sort of mind-altering substance.

Gee, what if He does?
    Well, I guess a lot of people are screwed, then.

Personally, I believe that He does and the Bible validates that each day to me.
    Well, I didn't have any imaginary friends when I was a kid. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

This" deceased equine" will never go away and will never be beaten.
    The "deceased equine" I was referring to is this thread. Is it okay if we skip ahead? The rest of your diatribe isn't really contextual.

If you don't agree, that is your decision but, as the Bible says, "...when you see all these things begin to happen, look up, for your Redemption draweth nigh." Will you be looking up or will you ignore Him?
    And if you agree that's fine too. We all have different outlooks on things, and my outlook on this particular subject is that y'all are about half crazy.

If ANYBODY - and I don't care what religion you might happen to mention - comes up to me and says "god says I should take your guns", or "allah says you can't say that", or "jehovah demands that we impose martial law", or in any other way threatens MY pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, I'm going to arrange an early introduction to their deity of choice.

So if you hear gunfire while you're in the middle of asking for deliverance, that's me at the mouth of the cave fighting off those that would try to take away your right to do so.

Just sayin'...