America is a Christian Nation - Page 56
Page 56 of 156 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The goal of Islam is to become the world religion so don't ever think this could not happen. With luck, it won't happen in our lifetime but, who knows?
    It's true that the goal of Islam is to become the world religion. But, it'll never happen. Israel is God's timetable concerning end time events. Although it's simple to explain, I won't go into great detail here except to say this...On the "very near" horizon will be the Battle of Gog & Magog (Ezekiel 38-39) where "ALL" but one sixth (1/6) of the Muslims nations of this world that go against Israel will be destroyed. We have God's word for it. There won't be enough of them left to be a threat to anyone, period.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    But am I a white pawn, or a black pawn?

I prefer to think of myself as a free-thinker and a realist. If I'm such a sinner, and therefore an affront to "god's" sensitivities, why doesn't he strike me down? Because he's too busy making sure children go hungry, or die of cancer, or allowing jihadists to scatter their physical bits all across the countryside taking innocent folks along with them. Yeah - some "god" you got there, partner.

I believe in the Constitution and my weapons. After that, everything else is rumor and conjecture supported by by half-truths and statistics. There is no god, and we're going to have to save ourselves.
    Although by design we are ALL free thinkers, we are also all born sinners due to the falling. Prior to that God gave man everything needed and we had no need to worry about death, either kind of death. Part of the punishment for falling away is the need for us to provide for ourselves, to work, to either be hungry or not along with our kids. Christ went to the cross, died, and defeated even death by arising again (giving us Easter, btw). He paid for our sins thusly. All we need to do in order to recieve forgiveness and also beat eternal death thereby being 'saved' is to believe, to admit we are powerless against sin, to accept Christ as our savior and accept his forgiveness, denounce satan and repent of our sins (give serious attempt to stop doing that which we know to be wrong) and thus be 'born again'. Not superior to anyone, anyone at all, but rather we would simply be forgiven. That's what we believe.

God does not control us nor this planet's inhabitants like puppets, he lets us live our lives freely and free to choose eternal life or otherwise, or to become jihadists, murderers, non-believers or believing Christians. Asking why he doesn't strike you down or why he allows terrorism are empty questions at best and a showing if your infinite ignorance about him at worst. That's ok tho as I nor anyone would expect you to know about him as a devout non-believer and I mean no insult.

I have not seen with my physical eyes anything I could call "God" but I believe in his existance. Will I be proven to be wrong after my time here on earth? Maybe, but I like to think otherwise. What proof, physical proof, do we have either way? For me it is the bible. For non believers it's evolution, you know, the progression of God allowed adaptations and mutations that has brought species to their current level.

If there is no God then there is no hell. I'm covered either way, how about you? I hope only the best for you and at some future time maybe a real chance to become a believer. I can help you anytime in that regard, just msg me if you have any real questions about it. I may not have all the answers, heck i may not have a lot of answers, but I can try to find the answers for you or at least share what I understand. :-)

You sound like an intelligent person so a war of wits may not be a good idea for me, but I would like to share whatever it is that you might be curious about.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

4. [QUOTE=tuts40:238099]

If there is no God then there is no hell. I'm covered either way, how about you?
    I don't believe in hell (different sect of christianity ) but I agree with your statement. My wife is agnostic but goes along with the 10 commandments (as best as we mortal sinners can) because its a very polite and kind way ti live.

What gives you the impression that I'm ignorant of the contents of the bible?

Waitaminit - I gotta go get some popcorn, cause this is gonna be great.

I prefer the label "realist" myself, but continue.

Not in the least.

I suppose some folks would think so - if they're weak-minded. I predicted that our country would fall to ruin if Obama was elected, and I was right. I hope they spell my name right in the next "bible"...

Not unless you're strung out on some sort of mind-altering substance.

Well, I guess a lot of people are screwed, then.

Well, I didn't have any imaginary friends when I was a kid. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

The "deceased equine" I was referring to is this thread. Is it okay if we skip ahead? The rest of your diatribe isn't really contextual.

And if you agree that's fine too. We all have different outlooks on things, and my outlook on this particular subject is that y'all are about half crazy.

If ANYBODY - and I don't care what religion you might happen to mention - comes up to me and says "god says I should take your guns", or "allah says you can't say that", or "jehovah demands that we impose martial law", or in any other way threatens MY pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, I'm going to arrange an early introduction to their deity of choice.

So if you hear gunfire while you're in the middle of asking for deliverance, that's me at the mouth of the cave fighting off those that would try to take away your right to do so.

Just sayin'...
    J: You seem to be a dyed-in-the-wool atheist so I accept that and really have no heartburn. That is your decision. I know this thread is the deceased equine you are referring to but it is anything but dead. There are a lot of us "weak minded" people on here but, if you don't like the subject, please feel free to skip over the thread and not interject input into it. Also, feel free to leave us to our delusions (without mind alternating substances) where we are happy. In the end, however, if you find we were right and you were wrong, what have you lost? If we are wrong, we will have lost nothing.
    Last edited by Oldgrunt; 10-23-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Spellimg

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Where do I begin? I'll save this page and then after putting together some snope's researched quotes, some historical data, writings from captured jihadist's along with some more recent current events details I'd be more than happy to show the multitude of reasons that IronMike is a bit rusty in that line of thinking. Till then...
    Go ahead. USA will never be a Muslim Nation pure and simple.. I'm waiting???....

Yes, we are a christian nation...but not everyone who calls themselves a christian is really a christian.

In fact, when I apply the criteria to be a christian, I end up being the only one who qualifies. So I feel sorry for the rest of you, but I rejoice in knowing I'll be eternally happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    if you don't like the subject, please feel free to skip over the thread and not interject input into it. Also, feel free to leave us to our delusions (without mind alternating substances) where we are happy.
    This thread doesn't even belong in this sub-forum. It's about religion - NOT politics. If you don't want my input, have the thread moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

I leave you with this. The United States is a secular country, and the evidence lies in the Treaty of Tripoli (1796), and I quote:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen;"

While that treaty lasted only a few years and no longer has any legal standing that I could find, I think it CLEARLY defines the framers' intent regarding the country's religious standing - to let everyone believe what they want to believe, and to neither endorse nor prohibit its practice in the way an individual sees fit.

I further believe that no religion can interfere with my natural rights, and at this time, the most pressing religion-based threat to those rights is Islam, and I will not submit. If Christianity becomes that threat, I will not submit. If Judaism becomes that threat, I will not submit.

Like I said, I know for myself what's right and what's wrong, and I don't need to believe in anyone else's definition of "god" to be able to make my own reasonable life decisions.

Once again, if you don't want my input, have the thread moved.

No offense but when I read this I don't read comments from happy clappy people. I read comments from people that want to affirm themselves and everybody else that this country is based on THEIR religion. Some of them are more some less angry at anybody who disagrees on that. I mean, let's be honest, wasn't that the point of this original post? To be just a little bit "in your face" about it?

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons:238091
    Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Look at numbers 27 & 28 in the communist goals provided by congress as noted in Debray's post on thread page 54. You are a pawn jsimmons and are being willingly used.
    But am I a white pawn, or a black pawn?

I prefer to think of myself as a free-thinker and a realist. If I'm such a sinner, and therefore an affront to "god's" sensitivities, why doesn't he strike me down? Because he's too busy making sure children go hungry, or die of cancer, or allowing jihadists to scatter their physical bits all across the countryside taking innocent folks along with them. Yeah - some "god" you got there, partner.

I believe in the Constitution and my weapons. After that, everything else is rumor and conjecture supported by by half-truths and statistics. There is no god, and we're going to have to save ourselves.
    The Christian God doesn't strike down sinners like Zues would with a lightening bolt...where did you come to think that?

I wonder if He thinks the same thing about you. Why are you so busy making sure children go hungry or die of cancer, or allow jihadists to scatter their physical bits all across the contry side taking innocent folks along with them. So you dont want to try and fix it...so you shift blame onto the Christian God, or any other God you want, I will blame all of you who don't care about the children either.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Go ahead. USA will never be a Muslim Nation pure and simple.. I'm waiting???....

Per Mike 10/22/11 at 0428 PM:
    "This is so dumb. Nobody is trying to make this a Muslim Nation"

My response to that:
    "Where do I begin? I'll save this page and then after putting together some snope's researched quotes, some historical data, writings from captured jihadist's along with some more recent current events details I'd be more than happy to show the multitude of reasons that IronMike is a bit rusty in that line of thinking. Till then..." (Your response to this response is quoted at top of this post)

So, you see how you did NOT originally say this country is not going to become a muslim nation but rather you stated nobody is trying to make this a muslim nation, and THAT is what I responded to stating my intent to show it as incorrect statement. I will attend to it maybe this week or up and comming weekend as unfortunately there are a number of things around the house as well as other projects ahead of this.

...Sorry to be so "persnickity" or picky, but I would just want to keep the discussion on track.

So, again, till then sir.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm