America is a Christian Nation - Page 57
Page 57 of 156 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    No offense but when I read this I don't read comments from happy clappy people. I read comments from people that want to affirm themselves and everybody else that this country is based on THEIR religion. Some of them are more some less angry at anybody who disagrees on that. I mean, let's be honest, wasn't that the point of this original post? To be just a little bit "in your face" about it?
    I suppose even a Christian church service, a muslim (non jihadist) prayer, the fact that the middle east is full of muslim countries or that this country is a Christian country would be "in your face" if you have sensitivities regarding the issue(s). Perhaps the feeling of the OP, or any post, as being "in your face" is subjective then?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

The extent to which we are a Christian nation is the exact same extent to which we could, in the fullness of time, also become a Muslim nation or a Hindu nation or a nation whose social, political, and civil institutions are dominated by any other religion that is not Christianity.

I noted in the list presented by Debray that Christ and Christianity were not mentioned explicitly until the end, when they were mentioned by de Toqueville, who was never even an American, let alone a founding father. Driving and striving for a religious domination of social, political, and civil institutions opens the door for ANY religion, not just the religious flavour of the day.

Everyone proclaiming America is a Christian nation is paving the way for Sharia law.

If America is a nation that respects ALL religious traditions without PREFERENCE in our social, political, and civil institutions, as the 1st Amendment decrees it shall be so, then it CANNOT be a Christian nation without also being a Hindu nation and a Muslim nation and a Jewish nation and a Buddhist nation and a Shinto nation and a Pagan nation and a ...

If you don't want Sharia to make in-roads into all of those social, political, and civil institutions you cherish, then you have to stop insisting and driving and striving to interject doctrine from your individual sects of Christianity into them. To insist on your dogma be written into law and used for governance is to insist that anyone else's dogma may also be written into law and used for governance.

The only equitable solution is to allow NO religious dogma to be written into the law or used for governance. Humanism, Secularism, as well as Atheism, as many religionists claim, are NOT religions. Therefore, there is no 1st Amendment prohibition on THEM being used as the ecumenical standards for law and governance. By using simple principles of polite society and equal treatment under the law, principles which are not NECESSARILY rooted in any particular religious tradition, but which many religions MAY have in COMMON, a nation is forged in which people of ALL religious faiths are welcome and can live happily and practice their religions freely.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    The extent to which we are a Christian nation is the exact same extent to which we could, in the fullness of time, also become a Muslim nation or a Hindu nation or a nation whose social, political, and civil institutions are dominated by any other religion that is not Christianity. -quote clipped here-
    In discussing whether or not this is a Christian nation from it's birth to current, I think we are discussing the original thinking of those who formed this country, rather than looking ahead as to what a predominance of religious beliefs may or may not be. By this I mean not a quote or two from the late 1700's denouncing Christian thinking during the formulation of the founding documents, nor a philisophical diatribe from "will think for food" types. Rather we reference the hundreds of writtings by those putting our founding papers together noting God as an overriding consideration, a source of inspiration, etc, for our country.

So when we say we believe the U.S. is a Christian country, we are discussing a vast majority of writings from the founders rather than a few dissenting writings. Also, having philosophical diatribe wars here are not productive nor do they serve any real purpose that I can see other than to vent creativity or to distract from an obvious and undesired truth. ...As interesting as the trip may be.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Everyone proclaiming America is a Christian nation is paving the way for Sharia law.
    Well said Cathy!

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I suppose even a Christian church service, a muslim (non jihadist) prayer, the fact that the middle east is full of muslim countries or that this country is a Christian country would be "in your face" if you have sensitivities regarding the issue(s). Perhaps the feeling of the OP, or any post, as being "in your face" is subjective then?
    Of course it is subjective. But you're not really going to claim making the post was not about being a bit confrontational?

Blog Entries

America is a Christian Nation and we need to stop paving the way to Sharia Law

I noted in the list presented by Debray that Christ and Christianity were not mentioned explicitly until the end, when they were mentioned by de Toqueville, who was never even an American, let alone a founding father.

As I said, just as De Tocqueville pointed out, “in France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in different directions. “But in America they are intimately united”.

He also said, “ the sects (different denominations) that exist in America are innumerable“. “Each sect adores the Deity in its own peculiar manner, but all sects preach the moral law in the name of God“. “All sects of the United States are comprised within the great unity of Christianity, and the Christian morality is everywhere the same”.

“The thing that separates the American CHRISTIAN from every other person on Earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet than live on his knees!”

---George Washington--

Kathy, the word CHRISTIAN in itself is the belief in Jesus Christ for those of you that don’t understand as De Tocqueville did.

One more quote just for you, “The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

America, Was, Is, and Always Will Be A CHRISTIAN NATION

Remember America's Motto: IN GOD WE TRUST
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

For those who would deny that America was founded as a Christian nation, I would recommend the reading of the book, "Christianity and the Constitution: The Faith of Our Founding Fathers" by John Eidsmoe. It is very interesting reading and should allay any arguments by Agnostics, Atheists or whatever religion one might profess to be. I know that, much to the surprise of many, God was involved in making this country. Since we have started to take Him out of our everyday lives and live contrary to His teachings, we have lost our status in the world and as a nation. For those who do not believe in Biblical prophecy, you are missing out on the markers of our demise.

Blog Entries

To All My Christian (Red Neck) Friends

We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to
    take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that
    values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand
    before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd
    choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up.
    Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are
    made of (and those of us who believe we have the right to

bear arms in the protection of our way of life and our family).

I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends.
    Y'all know who ya are

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to
    be offended by the phrase, 'One nation under God..'

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing
    the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say ' Christmas'
    instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when
    someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your
    hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem

You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces
    veterans with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an
    American flag, nor intend to. (Except as part of a proper flag disposal!)

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe
    and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and
    raised your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to
    a friend.

You might be a redneck if: You believe in God.

If you got this email from me, it is because I believe that
    you, like me, have just enough Red Neck in you to have the
    same beliefs as those talked about in this email.

God Bless the USA !

Chuck
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

If this nation wasn't founded on christian values we would of had laws of convenience not so much laws of moral value. Abortion, that's ok wouldn't want an unexpected birth to mess up your life. Beat your wife, that's ok she should have listened in the first place. Steal from your neighbor, that's ok he probably has more that he needs. Of couse some of these things are accepted today, but they weren't when the country was formed. To me being a Christian Nation means we were formed based on Cristian values not Christian Religion.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    The Bible was the book most referenced by the founders and the guideing force behind the Constitution,