America is a Christian Nation - Page 59
Page 59 of 156 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    >> Mountain Man,
    "It is the Christian culture that made us a great nation, it is the lack of Christian culture, that has made us a nation of greedy, liers, and crooked politicians. Just my 2c"

I do not practice religion. I am not greedy, a liar, nor a crooked politician.

So what's so wrong with me then? I live by morals and values based on human rights, things all beings(including animals/plants, etc) deserve simply by being alive.

So, since I do not pray to god I am not just, righteous, and forgiving? I am not worthy of what? Tell me, please.

One does not have to practice religion to be a good person.
    That's the pits of religion, having to "practice". Christianity is not a "religion", Christianity is personal relationship with God through our "faith" in His only begotten Son, Jesus. We don't practice Christianity, we "live it" daily guided by His Holy Spirit. Religion is man trying to get to God mans way (any way except Christ). Christianity is man getting to God, God's way (only Christ). God says that NO MAN IS GOOD, NO NOT ONE. Without God, you're neither just,righteous, or worthy. You may be a forgiving person, however without Christ you have no authority to forgive others.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    That's the pits of religion, having to "practice". Christianity is not a "religion", Christianity is personal relationship with God through our "faith" in His only begotten Son, Jesus. We don't practice Christianity, we "live it" daily guided by His Holy Spirit. Religion is man trying to get to God mans way (any way except Christ). Christianity is man getting to God, God's way (only Christ). God says that NO MAN IS GOOD, NO NOT ONE. Without God, you're neither just,righteous, or worthy. You may be a forgiving person, however without Christ you have no authority to forgive others.
    Hmm, interesting Ringo.

It's a good thing you're in no place to tell me I wrong.

Cheers mate :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Hmm, interesting Ringo.

It's a good thing you're in no place to tell me I wrong.

Cheers mate :)
    I'm not, but God is.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

[QUOTE=fuhr52;249203]This would only matter to people that take the Bible literally. The Bible, no matter which version, is easily taken out of context to fit what ever agenda, as you would known. You have to take into account the age in which it was written and the people of the time it was written for originally. It's a reference book, a guide for living your life. In my opinion.[/QUOTE

fuhr52: I am one of those people who take the Bible literally and, rather than used as a reference book, I consider it to be an instruction manual. There is a difference. The instruction manual teaches me how to do something or to be something by it's guidelines. Be that as it may, the founding fathers were of several Christian religions, i.e., Congregationalists, Episcopalian, Dutch Reformed, Lutheran, Quaker, Methodist and Roman Catholic. Benjamin Franklin was purported to be a Deist. I would venture a guess that most used was the King James version of the Bible, except for the Catholics. Most editions of the Bible I have read generally agree in content and leave little room for controversy. I agree with you in that some use the Bible to fit their particular argument. I try to take it as written and have always been taught, "Text, taken out of contex, results in pretext." There are some on here who deny that they are Christians. They claim to be Atheists or Agnostics, tree worshipers, fire worshipers, etc. but they all have one thing in common. They all believe in something in one way or another. It has been proven that even in primitive men of long ago and primitive peoples of today, they all have an innate belief in a deity or higher power of some sort. It is in us all. It amazes me that the most outspoken people on here who deny Christ exists go to great lengths to quote philosophers, psychologists, scientists of all sorts to prove their point. They are trying to let their education and belief in the common man prove God does not exist. The Bible says we are to come to God as little children, just as our children come to us for guidance without preconceived notions. God then leads us. This is such a simple thing that so called "educated free thinkers" can not understand it. One day, and maybe in the very near future, they will understand. I sometimes think that the mere mention of God brings such conviction upon a person that they try to deny Him to escape that feeling. As the old saying goes, "You can run but you can't hide."

I agree Oldgrunt, I'm calling it a reference book and you an instruction manual. Yet we are both seeking the same life information. Trouble with educated thinkers is they need some kind of scientific poof to believe in God or higher power. Believers have faith, it's called faith for a reason.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I agree Oldgrunt, I'm calling it a reference book and you an instruction manual. Yet we are both seeking the same life information. Trouble with educated thinkers is they need some kind of scientific poof to believe in God or higher power. Believers have faith, it's called faith for a reason.
    If anything, in science there is more proof than they can handle. They choose to ignore the truth and not believe. As the Bible says, "The wisdom of man is foolishness to God", that includes educated thinkers (intellectual morons) and scientists.

Haha, ahh you guys.

Shall we get back to politics?
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Haha, ahh you guys.

Shall we get back to politics?
    Bob: This is politics. Religion has always been and will forever be a part of our political makeup, much to the chagrin of some. Asi' es la vida!

>> Mountain Man,
    "It is the Christian culture that made us a great nation, it is the lack of Christian culture, that has made us a nation of greedy, liers, and crooked politicians. Just my 2c"

I do not practice religion. I am not greedy, a liar, nor a crooked politician.

So what's so wrong with me then? I live by morals and values based on human rights, things all beings(including animals/plants, etc) deserve simply by being alive.

So, since I do not pray to god I am not just, righteous, and forgiving? I am not worthy of what? Tell me, please.

One does not have to practice religion to be a good person.
    It was not an acusation toward anyone, it was to call attention to the fact that a society (culture) that was raised with and lived by the Biblical standards on truth and honor would not tolerate or vote for polaticians with the lack of moral character that Washington is over run with, much less re-elect them. The Biblical culture that founded this nation worked hard or starved, did not tolorate laziness thieving or lying. Though you personally do not ascribe to that behaviour shows some form of moral upbringing or belief, however society has turned away from Biblical morals and lying is common, most employees would not hesitate to cheat on thier time sheet or coffee break, or taxes, or neighbor. the phrase "it is only illegal if you get caught" is a society wide acceptable belief. The Bible is the foundation for our legal system. The ten Commandments are on and in the Supreme Court building.
    Yes there are good people that are not liars and thieves, according to that same Bible they may very well be good but without Christ their goodness is as filthy rags to God because they are lost, but it is salvation through the belief and acceptance of Christ as saviour that you lack. His sacrifice for ALL mankind requires acceptance of Him for salvation,,, unfortunately GOOD doesn't get you to Heaven. And in America today, good guys finish last, without Christ they will not be rewarded for just being good, God Almighty sent His son Jesus to pay the price for the sinful nature of mankind, so that by accepting His gift to us He can be reunited with His creation and He will reward your goodness in Heaven.
    Last edited by Mountain man; 12-19-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: missed a portion needed to insert

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Bob: This is politics. Religion has always been and will forever be a part of our political makeup, much to the chagrin of some. Asi' es la vida!
    Which is why religion is to be seperate from state matters. I'm not saying is has been or currently is... but it should be.

Having a faith in god doesn't mean you'll make better decisions about state matters than anyone else.