America is a Christian Nation - Page 65
Page 65 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #641
    Yes, we should be one nation under the one true God. Unfortunately, the the great majority of American citizens who claim they believe in God simply don't believe in the one true God.

    Thankfully there are some of us who know how to distinguish between the false gods so many believe in and the true God that I believe in.

    Send me the specifics of the god you believe in and I'll tell you whether or not it is the one true God. No charge for this service. I just want to save your soul from eternal damnation.

  2.   
  3. #642
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Yes, we should be one nation under the one true God. Unfortunately, the the great majority of American citizens who claim they believe in God simply don't believe in the one true God.

    Thankfully there are some of us who know how to distinguish between the false gods so many believe in and the true God that I believe in.

    Send me the specifics of the god you believe in and I'll tell you whether or not it is the one true God. No charge for this service. I just want to save your soul from eternal damnation.
    It's not that I'm NOT interested in your free service, it's just that I'm not interested in your judgement of my belief. Thanks though, nice offer. May God's Will be with you.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  4. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    It's not that I'm NOT interested in your free service, it's just that I'm not interested in your judgement of my belief. Thanks though, nice offer. May God's Will be with you.
    You are confusing judgment with fact.

    Say you go to a doctor for a physical. After the physical is completed the doctor says:

    1. You are a bad boy. That's a judgment.

    2. You are as male. that's a fact.

    I won't judge whether the god you believe in is bad or good. I'll just tell you whether in fact it is the one true God. I'll leave it to the one true God to judge you.

  5. #644
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You are confusing judgment with fact.

    Say you go to a doctor for a physical. After the physical is completed the doctor says:

    1. You are a bad boy. That's a judgment.

    2. You are as male. that's a fact.

    I won't judge whether the god you believe in is bad or good. I'll just tell you whether in fact it is the one true God. I'll leave it to the one true God to judge you.
    Amen brother because that's all I care about is "the one true God " I believe in.

    As for the Doc's, they merely practice medicine not pass judgement. As for false prophets, they've roam the earth since day one.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  6. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    America is a Christian Nation

    When President Obama said we are not a Christian Nation, evidently he doesn't understand the founding of our Country, or is it just wishful thinking?
    Neither. It's simply a fact. If, as many continually (and loudly) claim, America is a Christian Nation, you'd think that the Constitution might bother to mention that at least in passing someplace....? Yet, if you take a look at the Constitution you will find not one single instance of the words Jesus, Bible, Divine, Heaven, Christ, or even God. I wonder why that's true if we are so all-fired Christian as a nation? I've never known any Christians to be shy about uninvitedly trumpeting the fact that they're Christians, yet this allegedly "Christian" nation can't even bother to mention God in the Constitution just the once....?

    Seems mighty curious to me, and certainly seems to cast significant doubt on any claims of American National Christianity, no matter how loud or oft-expressed.


    The Muslim calendar is not dated from the birth of Christ, but from the year in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina, the journey known as the Hijra. For Muslim nations, the system is Anno Hegirae ("in the year of the Hijra"). For Muslims, the current year is 1432 AH. So in Arab countries, the current year is not 2010 AD (after the death of our Lord), it's the year 1432AH.

    Because they are not Christian nations.
    You'll note that the Chinese also have a different dating system, as did the Maya, and the Jewish faith, and lots and lots and lots of other cultures and religious traditions even today. Not to mention the fact that every tin-pot potentate who ever lived always wants to date things from their Glorious Rise To Power. So what? Yet, we've all somehow managed to settle on the Western calendar, largely because of the fact that well-armed Christian conquerors went around and subjugated most of the earth to their special one-two-three punch of military dominance followed by religious proselytizing, topped off with colonization, economic rape and slow cultural erosion.

    It's somewhat easy to impose a calendar - and all manner of other things on everyone else when you're the only one who can read and write, you're the only one with ships filled with guns, and you believe your God told you that you were special.


    On our currency we have “In God We Trust”
    And that was only a recent "achievement" in the wake of propaganda-driven Cold War fears of hordes of atheistical Reds a-comin' over the hills to take away America's Bibles - or some crazy nonsense. The era and attitudes of the 1950s which spawned this silly phrase on our money also gave us McCarthy, a name which is rightly synonymous with the very worst of what America can do and become to its citizens.

    By the way: if America was so all-fired Christian, you'd think we would have put "In Jesus we trust" on our currency from day one. Not wait one hundred and eighty-one years to water down the Christian message by putting simply "In God we trust" on money. How Christian is that anyway? Heck, they could be talking about Shiva, Zeus, G-d, or even the god which some religions believe dwells within each one of us. That's not particularly Christian as far as I can tell.

    Ah, but there's the point: by 1957, when this silly and entirely unnecessary motto was placed on our currency, they couldn't have written it as "In Jesus we trust" for the same reason that America is NOT now, never has been, and will hopefully NEVER BE a Christian nation:

    For a nation to survive and flourish, it must be a nation of ALL of its citizens, not just some special segment thereof - even if they are the majority for a time. Especially so. And you and I both know the exact reason why: Whenever you have some special segment of a nation singled out for its special specialness, bad $hite happens to everyody else. Everybody knows that's true, and any argument offered in opposition to that axiom only proves that that person has lost their ability to think and to be a compassionate human being (even, as we find here [and, as I am myself], a well-armed one).

    It wouldn't have been tolerated in 1957 to put "In Jesus we trust" on money, and that's damn right then as well as today. We are a nation of Christians, Buddhists, Sikh, Muslims, Jews, Rosicrucians, Atheists, Humanists, Agnostics, Hell-raisers, and lots of silent people who simply don't care to argue or even speak one way or another because it really doesn't matter anyway.

    For America to be so heartless as to carve out a special chunk of its citizenry and dedicate the nation to them would be to finally and utterly destroy the enlightenment brought to the world because of the Constitution; and a huge part of that wisdom is in how the Constitution conveniently forgets to ever mention that America was founded to be a Christian nation, and then also forgets to even mention God at all. Page after page; amendment after amendment - and never a peep about Jesus or the Gift of Salvation. Kinda makes it clear that Christians are, in fact, NOT special Americans, and that AMERICA IS MEANT TO BE FOR ALL OF US WITHOUT REGARD TO OUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS!!!



    Every time you date a check, pick up a newspaper, or pull a dollar from your wallet in the United States, you bear witness to the spiritual origins of our country.
    Well, if so, I think it's really only because you believe and say so. I believe, and therefore, say differently. Fortunately we don't live someplace where the fact that I have no religion would result in summary execution or exile. We live in America, where reasonable people can disagree about nearly everything and still work together to build something great.


    Republican President Abraham Lincoln in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg said, "we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
    Actually, that "under God" part was inserted by others long after the speech was given. It doesn't appear in any manuscript that Lincoln ever left. Lincoln did, however say this: "The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession.", and this: "The only person who is a worse liar than a faith healer is his patient."


    In the final analysis, I'm not trying to be a Richard by saying all of this stuff. Anyone who takes the trouble to think it through just a little can see what a great idea it is to include EVERYONE when we talk about Americans, and to probably talk less about dividing Americans based on a buncha arbitrary stuff you happen to have been raised to believe.
    The true longing of humanity is not for an afterlife; it is for the establishment of a justice here and now that will make an afterlife unnecessary --John Fowles

  7. #646
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,521
    This country’s founders wrote many Judeo-Christian principles into its law: the equality of men, justice, freedom of worship, freedom of speech and others. But America is not and never has been a Christian nation. Political processes run the government, not righteousness. Pleasure motivates the people, not righteousness. Legal precedent and clever lawyers determine justice, not righteousness. America is a secular nation, based on some Christian principles and containing some Christian citizens. As a nation that claims its foundation stone was the rock Jesus Christ, why have we done a 180 degree turn away from Him and His teachings? The fault for the flourishing degeneracy of America lies with all Americans, but even more so with those who profess to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We allowed this evil to progress by what we allowed to be taught to our children in public schools. When our children, while attending public schools for twelve years, are taught that there is no God, that humans evolved from pond scum, and that our prehistoric ancestors were primates, we must expect and accept the consequences of those teachings. Ultimately what happens to human beings indoctrinated with the lie of evolution, which is pure satanic, is a migration toward animalistic tendencies. Since those who are taught this lie are being convinced they evolved from an animal with no moral restrictions, they no longer perceive any moral absolutes, and the sky’s the limit when it comes to deprivation. America would not be in the toilet today spiritually and morally if we were anything even close to a Christian nation.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

  8. #647
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Spot on Ringo. To further prove your point you just have to look around daily to see the animals about. AND that's giving animals a bad name.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  9. #648
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638

    Election Day Prayer for Christians or Evangelicals as the MSM calls us

    If you don't believe in God please feel free to skip because I don't want to offend.
    You Have been warned.



    Dear Beloved God in Heaven

    Please give us a president that loves this country and everything it stands for.
    Please give us a president who respects You as the one true God.
    Please give us a president who will, with Your help, restore this nation to its former glory, the way You created her.
    Please help us to respect what You have given to us and for us to not take anything for granted ever again.
    Please God, weaken the evil and strengthen the good both without and within.
    May our eyes be opened.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen
    God Bless America
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

  10. #649
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    .

    Dear Beloved God in Heaven

    Please give us a president that loves this country and everything it stands for.
    Please give us a president who respects You as the one true God.
    Please give us a president who will, with Your help, restore this nation to its former glory, the way You created her.
    Please help us to respect what You have given to us and for us to not take anything for granted ever again.
    Please God, weaken the evil and strengthen the good both without and within.
    May our eyes be opened.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen
    God Bless America
    Amen.

    The destiny of America is in the hands of its own people this election day. Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn." This proverb is becoming the anthem for the United States. Irrespective of how the election turns out, there will be more of the same--more debt, more war, more immorality, more homosexuality, more abortion, more pornography, more whatever. Blaming it on our leaders somehow shifts the responsibility from We the People. This election will change little. If the incumbent is reelected, he promises more the same. If not, one man cannot undo the American people. There will be mourning. Only the American people can undo what we collectively have become.

    So-called prophets with dreams and proclamations and declarations that have not one jot or tittle of Biblical grounding tickle the ears of people. "Reverends" use the Bible as if it is some dead historic document, disregarding any influence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. There is rarely truth being preached or practiced on either end of the spectrum. Those who do are looked upon by their fellow Christians as radicals, often ostracized by the legalists and the charismatics alike, both considering their own brand of "Jesus" rather than the true Word of God. As Yeshua said in Luke 11:17, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falls." We have become bipolar. We as followers of the Messiah are deep into a prophetic crossroads. We as the "Church" must change.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

  11. golocx4
    "Election Day Prayer for Christians"

    Dear Beloved God in Heaven
    Please give us a president who will, with Your help, restore this nation to its former glory, the way You created her.
    Please help us to respect what You have given to us and for us to not take anything for granted ever again.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen
    To whom it may concern:

    For those who's prayers don't work so good, they shouldn't pray so much

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 08:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast