America is a Christian Nation - Page 66
Page 66 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I have a very good friend and Brother in Christ whose blog I have cited before. Today's blog seems very apropos to this thread, so I'm going to post it.

To lukem: I have blanket permission to copy and paste any and all of my friend's articles, and I'd be happy to share the email that gave me that permission with you if necessary. Please don't delete the body of the article without getting in touch with me so I can put you in touch with the author. Thanks.

Lamentation For America

By INVAR
    November 7, 2012 · 12:42 pm

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure. – Ecclesiastes 7:4

It may do us some good to consider the Word of God as it pertains to a nation of His people who have abandoned God. The health/wealth prosperity gospel has deceived so many in the Faith – Christianity in America is nothing but become a lukewarm rag. Christians by and large refuse to believe repentance is necessary, that God will always look the other way in their sin because they “accept Jesus”.

Consequences are coming for our individual and national sins. God’s Judgment is at hand. An evil and perverse generation now rules a people grown lukewarm. America has been given over to a debased mind and the people delight in wickedness while the Righteous are hated and scorned. It would do us good to read the book of Lamentations, and contemplate the scriptures applying directly to this nation – for such is our future and will become our lament for certain if this people and the Christian church does not repent and turn from it’s ways.

1 How deserted lies the city, once so full of people! How like a widow is she, who once was great among the nations! She who was queen among the nations has now become a slave.
    2 Bitterly she weeps at night,tears are on her cheeks. Among all her lovers there is no one to comfort her. All her friends have betrayed her; they have become her enemies.
    3 After affliction and harsh labor, Judah (America) has gone into exile. She dwells among the nations; she finds no resting place. All who pursue her have overtaken her in the midst of her distress.
    4 The roads to Zion (the churches) mourn, for no one comes to her appointed festivals. All her gateways are desolate, her priests groan, her young women grieve, and she is in bitter anguish.
    5 Her foes have become her masters; her enemies are at ease. The Lord has brought her grief because of her many sins. Her children have gone into exile, captive before the foe.
    6 All the splendor has departed from Daughter Zion (America). Her princes (leaders) are like deer that find no pasture; in weakness they have fled before the pursuer.
    7 In the days of her affliction and wandering Jerusalem (USA) remembers all the treasures that were hers in days of old. When her people fall into enemy hands, there is no one to help her. Her enemies look at her
    and laugh at her destruction.
    8 Jerusalem (America) has sinned greatly and so has become unclean. All who honored her despise her, for they have all seen her naked; she herself groans and turns away.
    9 Her filthiness clung to her skirts; she did not consider her future. Her fall was astounding; there was none to comfort her. “Look, Lord, on my affliction, for the enemy has triumphed.”
    10 The enemy laid hands on all her treasures; she saw godless nations enter her sanctuary— those you had forbidden to enter your assembly.
    11 All her people groan as they search for bread; they barter their treasures for food to keep themselves alive. “Look, Lord, and consider, for I am despised.”
    12 “Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Look around and see. Is any suffering like my suffering that was inflicted on me, that the Lordbrought on me in the day of his fierce anger?
    13“From on high he sent fire, sent it down into my bones. He spread a net for my feet and turned me back. He made me desolate, faint all the day long.
    14“My sins have been bound into a yoke; by my hands they were woven together. They have been hung on my neck, and the Lord has sapped my strength. He has given me into the hands of those I cannot withstand.
    15 “The Lord has rejected all the warriors in our midst; he has summoned an army against us to crush the young men. In his winepress the Lord has trampled Virgin Daughter Judah (America).
    16 “This is why I weep and my eyes overflow with tears. No one is near to comfort me, no one to restore my spirit. My children are destitute because the enemy has prevailed.”
    17 Zion (America) stretches out her hands, but there is no one to comfort her. The Lord has decreed for Jacob that his neighbors become his foes; Jerusalem has become an unclean thing among them.
    18 “The Lord is righteous, yet we rebelled against his command. Listen, all you peoples; look on our suffering. Our young men and young women will go into exile.
    19“I called to my allies but they betrayed me. My priests and my elders perished in the city while they searched for food to keep themselves alive.
    20“See, Lord, how distressed I am! I am in torment within, and in my heart I am disturbed, for I have been most rebellious. Outside, the sword bereaves; inside, there is only death.
    21“People have heard my groaning, but there is no one to comfort me. All my enemies have heard of my distress; they rejoice at what you have done. May you bring the day you have announced so they may become like me.
    22“Let all their wickedness come before you; deal with them as you have dealt with me because of all my sins. My groans are many and my heart is faint.”

I do not listen to Glenn Beck, but I read a transcript of his from yesterday that someone sent me a link to. There is truth in his words, and words we need to prayerfully consider of ourselves as a nation and people.

He said:

” If you look at history through a biblical world view, the last step before a nation is completely destroyed is they drive the righteous from among them…..Americans know. And if they reject it this time, and if they’re so dead inside ‑‑ that’s a possibility. If they’re so dead inside that they can no longer see the difference between good and evil, we will be destroyed because we will be a remarkable evil on this planet. – Glenn Beck 11-6-2012

INVAR is a great writer, an inspirational missionary (3 missions to India so far living for months at a time in the depths of squalor that not even the poorest American staying here could even imagine) and a true friend. His blog has an email list function for anyone interested in reading more from him. I check it every day, but this one I thought needed to be here, so there ya go.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Romans 1: 24-32
    24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

I DOUBT IT [/QUOTE]Americans based on a buncha arbitrary stuff you happen to have been raised to believe.[/QUOTE]

Florida 1845, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Florida, grateful to
    Almighty God for our constitutional liberty ... establish this
    Constitution...

Kinda glad we had who we had way back when....I think their opinion (founding a country) trumps most every ones (insert accomplishment here)

5. Hey OP - nice copy pasta!
    </snark off>

Looks like your god wasn't listening when 57 million people prayed that Obama wouldn't be re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    Looks like your god wasn't listening when 57 million people prayed that Obama wouldn't be re-elected.
    Proof once again that "The wisdom of man is foolishness to God". Looks are deceiving.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    America is a Christian Nation

When President Obama said we are not a Christian Nation, evidently he doesn't understand the founding of our Country, or is it just wishful thinking?

The Muslim calendar is not dated from the birth of Christ, but from the year in which Muhammad emigrated from Mecca to Medina, the journey known as the Hijra. For Muslim nations, the system is Anno Hegirae ("in the year of the Hijra"). For Muslims, the current year is 1432 AH. So in Arab countries, the current year is not 2010 AD (after the death of our Lord), it's the year 1432AH.

Because they are not Christian nations.

On our currency we have “In God We Trust”

Every time you date a check, pick up a newspaper, or pull a dollar from your wallet in the United States, you bear witness to the spiritual origins of our country.

America is a Christian nation.

Republican President Abraham Lincoln in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg said, "we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Matthew 24-9 “ye shall be hated of all Nations for my name’s sake”

The following Individuals do believe in “One Nation Under God“ and the 2nd Amendment.

Bill Johnson for US Congress in Ohiio District 6
    Rob Portman forOhio US Senate
    John Kasich for Ohio Governor
    Jon Husted for Ohio Secretary of State
    We are not a christian nation, we are a nation of many religions and free to worship or not.

sir or madam i bet you different im a muslim american and i just feel as american as Uncle Sam america is strong because it embraces diversity of race and religion my beliefs doesnt contradicte with my loyalty to the land of the free and the home of the brave. BTW only gulf contries use the hijri calendar.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    For those who would deny that America was founded as a Christian nation, I would recommend the reading of the book, "Christianity and the Constitution: The Faith of Our Founding Fathers" by John Eidsmoe. It is very interesting reading and should allay any arguments by Agnostics, Atheists or whatever religion one might profess to be. I know that, much to the surprise of many, God was involved in making this country. Since we have started to take Him out of our everyday lives and live contrary to His teachings, we have lost our status in the world and as a nation. For those who do not believe in Biblical prophecy, you are missing out on the markers of our demise.
    The 1796 Treaty with Tripoli states that the United States was "not in any sense founded on the Christian religion". Most of the Founders were Deists, and nowhere does the Constitution say: "The United States is a Christian Nation", or anything even close to that.

Blog Entries

More Proof that America is a Christian Nation

“Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower