America is a Christian Nation - Page 68
Page 68 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Glockout View Post
    Ringo, you seem he'll bent for leather on promoting the idea that the world is coming to an end. And very soon. Do you know something that we don't? The world is evil. Yes, always has been. We're in debt over our GDP and will never pay it back. Has been since I've been alive. We have crooked politicians infringing upon our rights. Always have been. Homosexuals? always have been. What is so different about these times that makes us any more at risk of being close to the end of days? One generation after the creation of Israel? Israel has always been there. They just named it Israel once they were bombed into existence. So again, do you know something we don't?
    Read and educate yourself my friend. NO ONE will be able to change your belief without your self education, understanding and acceptance. After you've become educated then and only then comment on something KNOWN to you.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Ringo, you seem he'll bent for leather on promoting the idea that the world is coming to an end. And very soon. Do you know something that we don't? The world is evil. Yes, always has been. We're in debt over our GDP and will never pay it back. Has been since I've been alive. We have crooked politicians infringing upon our rights. Always have been. Homosexuals? always have been. What is so different about these times that makes us any more at risk of being close to the end of days? One generation after the creation of Israel? Israel has always been there. They just named it Israel once they were bombed into existence. So again, do you know something we don't?
    Glockout: Apparently Ringo does know something you don't, but should know. I'm not saying that to be sarcastic but if you read your Bible, Jesus talked about the signs of the end and gave us identifiable signs of the coming end. The signs He gave are all around us now and are indicative that we should all be prepared. As the Bible says, "He will come as a thief in the night." We can tell by the happenings in the world, as He predicted, that the time is near. Jesus gave us the ability to know what is coming, only did not tell us the exact day and time. Consequently, it is up to each of us to study, wait and watch. I don't think we have long to wait. Even so, come Lord Jesus.
    Last edited by Oldgrunt; 11-26-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Sp.

I have never promoted any "idea" that the world is coming to an end, and nowhere is this "idea" found or promoted anywhere in the Bible, quite to the contrary. If I know something that you/"we" don't it's only because I have read and studied the scriptures and you/"we" have not. A review of my posts, if you take the time to review them, will give you my answers to the questions you ask me "here" in your above reply. If you take the time to "read and study the Bible in it's entirety", both Old & New Testaments, only then will you be able to believe and understand the God of the Bible and His truth. If you fail to do this you will continue to lack knowledge, become self-deceived and left only with the god of your imagination and your own truth.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Proverbs 27: 17 As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

The outrageousness of the lewd and vulgar, at one time, would have enflamed our grandfathers.
    I wonder have we become comfortable in the warm tub of “progressive thinking”? We wait satisfied for empty promises anchored in lies and deceit.

Our hope is in Jesus Christ
    I've been near many at the end and they are NOT crying for Obama, Romney or Scalia
    If it not be sudden, they cry for the Almighty.

YOU BETTER KEEP SHARPENING!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Glockout: Apparently Ringo does know something you don't, but should know. I'm not saying that to be sarcastic but if you read your Bible, Jesus talked about the signs of the end and gave us identifiable signs of the coming end. The signs He gave are all around us now and are indicative that we should all be prepared. As the Bible says, "He will come as a thief in the night." We can tell by the happenings in the world, as He predicted, that the time is near. Jesus gave us the ability to know what is coming, only did not tell us the exact day and time. Consequently, it is up to each of us to study, wait and watch. I don't think we have long to wait. Even so, come Lord Jesus.
    So what you're saying is that the signs show to you that end of days are near? I've recently been saved and am reading the Bible. I have a hard time understanding a lot of its wording but do you think that people 100 years ago saw those same signs? What I am getting at is i believe those signs have always existed. As my previous post says. What is happening now has been happening over and over again. War, hate, unGodliness, homosexuality, perversion, worshipping of idols and false Gods, premonitions of the anti Christ etc. I'm assuming those people throughout history saw the signs as you do as well. And the world didn't end then. I begin to wonder if all of this end of days stuff is a perception of how one takes what the Bible says. And if those signs were there in the past which I believe they were, did Jesus give the same ability to those people of the past to see it coming soon? Or just those of this modern age?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    the end of life as we know it in America and the world will become a reality long before 2016
    Sounds very end of days to me. If life as we know it comes to an end, that means something major will change our life. Any minor disruption in our very delicate web of life (power outage, the major food distribution hub gets blown up, some trains stop working etc). Many one of these little things would change life as we know it which would lead to an end of life as we know it. From what it sounds like to me, you're not talking about a change, but the end. Because you said end. Make no mistake, if it is the end of life as we know it, it will be the end of the majority of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I have never promoted any "idea" that the world is coming to an end, [/B]

Somewhere in these 68 pages someone must have pointed out that the Mayflower pilgrims set up a commune-ist form of government in order to survive....

Sounds very end of days to me. If life as we know it comes to an end, that means something major will change our life. Any minor disruption in our very delicate web of life (power outage, the major food distribution hub gets blown up, some trains stop working etc). Many one of these little things would change life as we know it which would lead to an end of life as we know it. From what it sounds like to me, you're not talking about a change, but the end. Because you said end. Make no mistake, if it is the end of life as we know it, it will be the end of the majority of the population.
    I'm referencing the END Of The Age Of Grace. The Age Of Grace ENDS with the Rapture of the Church. The Rapture will usher in Matthew 24:21.."For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be." Life as we have known it will cease with the Rapture of the Church, and yes, the majority ( 2/3's) of the worlds population will die as a result of the Tribulation. No mistake about it.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Somewhere in these 68 pages someone must have pointed out that the Mayflower pilgrims set up a commune-ist form of government in order to survive....
    Soon as the lazy discovered they didn't have to work and still reap the rewards of others it failed.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan