America is a Christian Nation - Page 71
Page 71 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    139
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Being a "Born Again Christian" the scriptures tell me that I'm IN this world but NOT OF this world, my citizenship is of Heaven. Being IN this world I'm commanded to be "aware of the seasons" (Times we're living). Being NOT OF this world I'm commanded "not to be caught up in the cares OF this world". Therefore I don't. I have to admit though, there have been many times when I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. Today, however, knowing the reasons of how and why Obama got re-elected and being aware of just how antichrist both the mainstream of secular society and the church have become, I find it all simply amusing and amazing at the same time. Amusing because knowing that "the wisdom of man is foolishness to God", man's governance as prophesied is ending in complete failure. Amusing also because soon, very soon, these "Fools By Choice" will have what they've always wanted, a country and a world without God. However short lived, a nightmare well deserved. Because "God sits on His throne and laughs" at man's wisdom and rebellion, I can at least agree in amusement.

    Amazed because I know that Israel Is God's Prophetic Timepiece and I've been blessed to be alive in This Last Generation to witness all of God's prophesies pertaining to Israel (and the world) being fulfilled currently on a daily basis. Even more amazed, and blessed, knowing that should the Lord not tarry, I will be among the only people having lived since the beginning of Creation to never experience death, and escape (Rapture) the most terrible time in the history of this world revealed by Christ.. Matthew 24:21.."For the trouble at that time will be far more terrible than any there has ever been, from the beginning of the world to this very day. Nor will there ever be anything like it again". Without question the Signs of the End of the Age of Grace are everywhere, only the self-deceived fools by choice, are too blind to recognize them.

    Luke 21:36.."Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."
    AMEN... MARANATHA!!
    I was raised in the "Church" - Protestant flavor, practiced it through my forties. All I can add is that your faith will serve you when it's less "corporate," i.e., less Church and mainly individual, you and God. They're denominational cults to a degree - in that you have to fit their doctrinal box to be accepted. On Judgement Day it will be you and God - your pastor and buddies' opinion will be minimal worth.
    It's a sign of danger in a society when government solicits for itself acclamation from those who pay its salary; worse when the taxpayer gives it both salary and praise.

  2.   
  3. I just found this gem in the 1790 Treaty between the US and Tripoli:

    In 1797 the Treaty of Tripole in Article 11 reads:

    "Article 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

    The treaty was signed at Tripoli on November 4, 1796 and at Algiers on January 3, 1797, finally receiving ratification from the U.S. Senate on June 7, 1797 and signed by President John Adams on June 10, 1797.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Atty Stu View Post
    I just found this gem in the 1790 Treaty between the US and Tripoli:

    In 1797 the Treaty of Tripole in Article 11 reads:

    "Article 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; ...
    Of course, that's only one of many sources refuting the groupthink religious mantra that this is a "christian nation." Most here and in a couple of other gun forums will disregard those inconvenient truths just as they disregard the Establishment Clause when proclaiming that free exercise and religious speech rights trump absolutely everything.

  5. #704
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Psychologically enhanced / E of Narrows
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Of course, that's only one of many sources refuting the groupthink religious mantra that this is a "christian nation." Most here and in a couple of other gun forums will disregard those inconvenient truths just as they disregard the Establishment Clause when proclaiming that free exercise and religious speech rights trump absolutely everything.
    Actually it refutes nothing. Show me in our Constitution or BoR where it says we are founded as a Christian Nation. We are not and have never been. We however, were founded as a Nation of Christians. There is a difference and that explains why our 1st Amendment provides us with the Freedom to practice Religion as we should choose.

    Look at our DoI and how our Founders proudly proclaim when talking about our Government
    When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to
    dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to
    assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which
    the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the
    opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel
    them to the separation.
    And then talk about our individual Rights.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
    Then consider why when testifying in court. That we are swearing to whom, when we swear to tell the truth- Allah? Mohamed? Buddha? No it is "So Help Me GOD"!

    If we were not founded as a Nation of Christians, why would these simple elements of proof exist?

  6. #705
    MisterD: I think you summed it up in a nutshell but there are those that you will never convince. Let them think what they want but, in the end, they will all have an amazing revelation of truth. In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Surprise! Surprise!"

  7. #706
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,532
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Then consider why when testifying in court. That we are swearing to whom, when we swear to tell the truth- Allah? Mohamed? Buddha? No it is "So Help Me GOD"!

    If we were not founded as a Nation of Christians, why would these simple elements of proof exist?
    As Christians, why then do we ignore scripture? James 5:12... "But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest you fall under judgment".
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  8. #707
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Psychologically enhanced / E of Narrows
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    As Christians, why then do we ignore scripture? James 5:12... "But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest you fall under judgment".
    I will not allow myself to be goaded into a biblically theological discussion within a Political Thread.

    I have noticed a few that allowed themselves to be, that are now banned after what they had said was twisted into something that they were not really saying. But because of how others (friends of the boards owner) deceptively and relentlessly posted making what was said look worse than it was, never had a chance.

    I can foresee that even this act of standing up for myself might put me in the same jeopardy, but if my 1st Amendments rights are going to be infringed upon in that manner, it will not be over a theological discussion.

  9. I'm Jewish. There have been Jews in the United States since its foundation. The oldest U.S. synagogues date to the 1600s:

    List of the oldest synagogues in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Judaism predates Christianity and by definition is not a Christian religion because we don't believe in Jesus Christ as god or even as a prophet. It is pretty hard to argue that we were not one of the religions that the drafter's of the 1st Amendment tried to protect.

    The argument that references to the word "God" in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution somehow negate this baffle me. God means the Supreme Creator of the World. It encompasses Hasham, Adonyai, Jehovah, Allah or whatever name a particular religion attaches to God. It does not include prophets (Moses, Mohammed, etc). I believe in God as much as a Christian or a Muslim does. I can take the oath "under God" as easily as a Christian can.

  10. #709
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,532
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    I will not allow myself to be goaded into a biblically theological discussion within a Political Thread.

    I have noticed a few that allowed themselves to be, that are now banned after what they had said was twisted into something that they were not really saying. But because of how others (friends of the boards owner) deceptively and relentlessly posted making what was said look worse than it was, never had a chance.

    I can foresee that even this act of standing up for myself might put me in the same jeopardy, but if my 1st Amendments rights are going to be infringed upon in that manner, it will not be over a theological discussion.
    So sorry. It wasn't my intention to "goad you" into any theological discussion, especially with such a "simple question". So sorry too that you are so confused about this thread (America is a Christian nation), you know, Christian religion, theological and all that stuff? So sorry too to have to inform you that you (what a shock) brought religion into the discussion.[U].Quote."Then consider why when testifying in court. That we are swearing to whom, when we swear to tell the truth- Allah? Mohamed? Buddha? No it is "So Help Me GOD! If we were not founded as a Nation of Christians, why would these simple elements of proof exist?" However, in the midst of all of your excuses, tale of woe, and fear of jeopardy you did have "a chance". All you had to do was to be honest and admit that "you don't know" the answer.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    So sorry. It wasn't my intention to "goad you" into any theological discussion, especially with such a "simple question". So sorry too that you are so confused about this thread (America is a Christian nation), you know, Christian religion, theological and all that stuff? So sorry too to have to inform you that you (what a shock) brought religion into the discussion.[U].Quote."Then consider why when testifying in court. That we are swearing to whom, when we swear to tell the truth- Allah? Mohamed? Buddha? No it is "So Help Me GOD! If we were not founded as a Nation of Christians, why would these simple elements of proof exist?" However, in the midst of all of your excuses, tale of woe, and fear of jeopardy you did have "a chance". All you had to do was to be honest and admit that "you don't know" the answer.
    There are some people who simply cannot be engaged in civil, rational discussion because they think know all that's knowable based on extrapolations from isolated, irrelevant factoids. Their maddening and disingenuous tactic is to tell the other person that the burden is on him to disprove the assertion. Sorry, but invoking "god" on money, in oaths, and in opening prayers in Congress does not prove anything other than that it happens, much less that this is a christian nation, and even less does the burden shift to someone else to disprove such a simplistic, laughable assertion.

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 08:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast