America is a Christian Nation - Page 73
Page 73 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    There is only "One" Religion that teaches/believes that Jesus is God, it's called Christianity. You say that you consider yourself a Christian and in the same breath you say that you do not believe that Jesus is God. It's no wonder that you start out by saying that you do not want to get into a "theological discussion" and I've "EARNED" a place on your Ignore List, that just makes it so much easier for you to hide such blatant ignorance than it is to discus and acquire some simple knowledge.
    Conundrum
    A riddle whose answer is or involves a pun or unexpected twist.
    A logical postulation that evades resolution, an intricate and difficult problem.

Conundrum is your version. God has His.. James 1:8.."A double minded man is unstable in all his ways". A Double Minded Man - A man of two souls, or of a double heart, who halts between two opinions, and is at an uncertainty what to do or say, and is undetermined what to ask for; or who is not sincere and upright in his requests, who asks for one thing, and means another, and asks amiss, and with an ill design; does not call upon God in truth, and in the sincerity of his soul; draws nigh to him with his mouth, and honours him with his lips, but his heart is far from him. Such a one is unstable in all his ways. Unstable In All His Ways - He is confused in his mind; unsettled in his designs and intentions; inconstant in his petitions; uncertain in his notions and opinion of things; and very variable in his actions, and especially in matters of religion; he is always changing, and never at a point, but at a continual uncertainty, both in a way of thinking and doing: he never continues long either in an opinion, or in a practice, but is ever shifting and moving.

Having "EARNED" a place on your ignore list and knowing that you won't be goaded into any theological discussion, I won't expect a reply, because to do so would make you "Double minded and unstable in all your ways".
    What does the bible say about sophistry?

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post

Ephesians 4: 21-23
    21 Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, 22 throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. 23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.

Let us, then, keep on guard against the reasonings of apostates. May we be determined to avoid the subtle snare of self-deception. And let us recognize and reject all of Satan’s lies. By doing so, we will safeguard our relationship with “the God of truth,” who detests deception.—Psalm 31:5; Proverbs 3:32.

Now you tell us what the Bible says about unbelievers and scoffers.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

Blog Entries
    Strange the President of the United States of America still swears his Oath to God, pretty close to the same oath I gave when I joined the United States Army.

Christianity must not have anything to do with America then right?

So Help me God

Roberts: Are you prepared to take the oath?
    Obama: I am. And we're going to do it very slowly.
    Roberts: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear...
    Obama: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear...
    Roberts: ...that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States...
    Obama: ...that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States...
    Roberts: ...and will to the best of my ability...
    Obama: ...and will to the best of my ability...
    Roberts: ...preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Obama: ...preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Roberts: So help you God?
    Obama: So help me God.

But you know I heard a Moslem can lie to protect and promote their faith.

Really makes me wonder when Obama says, "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." and "So help you God"?
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blog Entries

God Bless America

You have to wonder how we got to this point.

God is no longer invited into Schools, Cities, States nore the Federal Government.

What has changed?

Today's history Lesson

The link below will take you to a video showing the very first public singing of "GOD BLESS AMERICA". But before you watch, you should also know the story of the song.

The time was 1940. America was still in a terrible economic depression. Hitler was taking over Europe and Americans were afraid we'd have to go to war. It was a time of hardship and worry for most Americans.

This was the era just before TV, when radio shows were HUGE, and American families sat around their radios in the evenings, listening to their favorite entertainers, and no entertainer of that era was bigger than Kate Smith.

Kate was also large in size, and the popular phrase still used today is in deference to her, "Isn't over till the fat lady sings". Kate Smith might not have made it big in the age of TV, but with her voice coming over the radio, she was the biggest star of
    her time.

Kate was also very patriotic. It hurt her to see Americans so depressed and afraid of what the next day would bring. She had hope for America, and faith in her fellow Americans. She wanted to do something to cheer them up, so she went to the famous American
    song-writer, Irving Berlin (also wrote "White Christmas") and asked him to write a song that would make Americans feel good again about their country.

When she described what she was looking for, he said he had just the song for her. He went to his files and found a song that he had written, but never published, 22 years before - way back in 1917. He gave it to Kate Smith and she worked on it with her studio
    orchestra. She and Irving Berlin were not sure how the song would be received by the public, but both agreed they would not take any profits from God Bless America. Any profits would go to the Boy Scouts of America. Over the years, the Boy Scouts have received
    millions of dollars in royalties from this song.

This video starts out with Kate Smith coming into the radio studio with the orchestra and an audience. She introduces the new song for the very first time, and starts singing. After the first couple verses, with her voice in the background still singing,
    scenes are shown from the 1940 movie, "You're In The Army Now." At the 4:20 mark of the video you see a young actor in the movie, sitting in an office, reading a paper; it's Ronald Reagan.

Frank Sinatra considered Kate Smith the best singer of her time, and said when he and a million other guys first heard her sing "God Bless America" on the radio, they all pretended to have dust in their eyes as they wiped away a tear or two.

To this day, God Bless America stirs our patriotic feelings and pride in our country. Back in 1940, when Kate Smith went looking for a song to raise the spirits of her fellow Americans, I doubt she realized just how successful the results would be for her
    fellow Americans during those years of hardship and worry, and for many generations of Americans to follow. Now that you know the story of the song, I hope you will enjoy it and treasure it even more.

NOW HERE IS HOW "GOD BLESS AMERICA" SHOULD BE SUNG!

Kate Smith introduces God Bless America - YouTube
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

7. The royalties go to both the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dlfEdJNn15E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Educate yourselves.

In the above there is supposed to a youtube........lol............this site..............
    youtube+david barton+capitol tour
    This (was) a christian nation but we are now a pagan nation. Our blessings have run out and God has lost His patience with us.
    We'll pay now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
    ...This (was) a christian nation but we are now a pagan nation...
    We are neither. The long overdue diminution of religion in every conceivable aspect of social and political life hardly equates to "paganism." And we never were a "christian nation" to start with, which is fully consistent with the observation that this country has always had a predominantly Christian population. It still does, but the numbers and proportion are going down.

We are neither. The long overdue diminution of religion in every conceivable aspect of social and political life hardly equates to "paganism." And we never were a "christian nation" to start with, which is fully consistent with the observation that this country has always had a predominantly Christian population. It still does, but the numbers and proportion are going down.

Not only are you ignorant of history, Emerson, you are just stupid.