America is a Christian Nation - Page 83
Page 83 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Some time in the future, you will not remember your demonstration of intolerance for atheists, for you will just cease to exist, just like ant you stepped on in your drive today.

The difference is that you will have spent your time in anticipation of your death, I choose to spend mine enjoying living.
    I do not have intolerance for you or any other atheist. It seems that you have intolerance for us who do believe. If being an atheist makes you happy, so be it. I am saddened, but there is nothing I can do or will do to force you to believe.

I nor other believers spend our time looking for death. We do enjoy life too! We just do not fear death.

I have found that most who do not believe fear all they will have to give up to be a believer. It is really the other way around! All that I would have to give up to be an atheist!

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I do not have intolerance for you or any other atheist. It seems that you have intolerance for us who do believe. If being an atheist makes you happy, so be it. I am saddened, but there is nothing I can do or will do to force you to believe.

I nor other believers spend our time looking for death. We do enjoy life too! We just do not fear death.

I have found that most who do not believe fear all they will have to give up to be a believer. It is really the other way around! All that I would have to give up to be an atheist!
    Only when they believe they have the right to impose their beliefs on anyone through the passage of laws. Example: the push to teach creation as science in our schools, discrimination against any group simply because they are different, or even the existing laws that I cannot buy a beer before noon on Sunday. If the muslims were to attempt such actions based on their religion upon society, you also would have a great deal of intolerance toward them.

True there is nothing you could do to make me believe, as absurd urban legends from ancient goat herders that believed the sun was carried across the sky on a chariot just don't pass the sniff test.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    An atheist's only hope is that there is no afterlife, their greatest fear is that there is.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Blog Entries

28 Principles of Liberty

The 28 principles of Liberty proves America was developed as a Christian Nation.

These 28 Principles enabled America to progress more in the last 238 years than the world did in the previous 5000 years.

“Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have been with and sat at bedsides when death came...and at that last moment great fear comes upon those who trust in science. Great comfort to those who trust Jesus Christ! Dead mans account. "The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you"

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Thank God our founders put their trust In God!

Penn Jillette on sharing your faith. Please note the Penn is an atheist and this is his take of proselytizing
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

9. Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    I have been with and sat at bedsides when death came...and at that last moment great fear comes upon those who trust in science. Great comfort to those who trust Jesus Christ! Dead mans account. "The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you"

This is one of the most frequently repeated myths on the internet. The hyper-religious actually believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    An atheist's only hope is that there is no afterlife, their greatest fear is that there is.
    Fear of the irrational is why people believe in the absurd, like sky daddies and all the nonsense that goes along with imaginary friends/foes.

In the same vain, you probably don't fear being eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex, for the simple reason you know they do not exist. (or are you one of those YEC that believe man and dinosaurs walked together?)
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.