America is a Christian Nation - Page 86
Page 86 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

1. ...It is time for schools to stop teaching children WHAT to think, and go back to teaching them HOW to think. Present both arguments and let them decide based on their own principals. This is not just regarding Creation/evolution. Kids are being indoctrinated to become non-thinking sheeple ready to do the tyrants bidding without question, and giving them only one opinion and telling them it is fact just propagates that agenda.
    You don't teach kids how to think about science by presenting non-scientific (i.e., religious) alternatives. And that doesn't teach them how to think--nor is there "anything for them to decide" about science when they are confused by an infusion of contrary mythology. Of course, the whole point of doing that is to preserve the religious status quo by casting doubt on science in general and the scientific method in particular. "Teaching the controversy" (mainly regarding the unchallengeable scientific reality of evolution) in particular is just the latest sham to ensure religion trumps science in young minds. The constant, unending infusion of religion into education in education in general is one of the reasons the US public education system has become second-rate by the standards of developed nations worldwide. That reason alone makes me favor the near-impossible, i.e., federal government takeover of K-12 education, particularly curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Wait a minute! You are making me nervous....you are either baiting me or going to go yard on me!

sinful nature is always hostile to God....
    Again, define this "sinful nature" you keep throwing into the discussion. I am merely asking what do you see or believe is "sinful nature".
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I have no idea what "YEC" means (and really don't care), but the anti-religion, atheistic left actually fired a California State University researcher recently for publishing his findings that support the notion that dinosaurs and man walked together. They (CSU) specifically stated that their reason for the firing was because the scientist's findings, "...would too closely mesh science with religion."

The Pacific Justice Institute has entered the fray and claims Armitage was terminated on the basis of religion for sharing a controversial theory and providing evidence for such:

Science is hardly infallible. Perhaps it is the atheists and anti-religion crowd who are the real "flat-earthers," ever consider that? Of course not, because to admit fallibility in science is to admit to the possibility that the Bible is, and always has been, accurate and right.

Are you a believer in anthropogenic global warming (or "climate change" if you prefer) XD40scinNC?

Blues
    YEC = Young Earth Creationist

Correct, science is hardly infallible, and scientists admit that, and science is always striving to hone what they know by challenging their observations and conclusions based on them.

Theists and their single ancient source of information (ancient goat herders that believe the sun was carried across the sky on a chariot), or holy book, absolutely refuse to even question it, and simply declare "the bible says so" and that's good enough for them.

It's like playing chess with a pigeon, who merely knock all the pieces over, craps on the board, and declares victory.

Yes, because we know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and we know that the levels of CO2 are as high as they have ever been.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    YEC = Young Earth Creationist

Correct, science is hardly infallible, and scientists admit that, and science is always striving to hone what they know by challenging their observations and conclusions based on them.
    Sure they are. By using "Mike's nature trick" to "hide the decline," scientists are perfectly devoid of any dogmatic agenda in promoting their New Religion, of which you state below, you are an unquestioning ("we know...") adherent.

<...snipped the insulting anti-faith prattle...>
    Yes, because we know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and we know that the levels of CO2 are as high as they have ever been.
    We "know" no such things. A single volcanic eruption has the potential to pump more C02 into the atmosphere than all the C02 that can be attributed to mankind in all of history.

The "estimates" of past C02 levels are based on software-based models that even some of the inventors of the software admit are not accurate enough to base scientific conclusions on, even if scientists could be trusted to adhere to their own rules of methodology, which the CRU debacle clearly proved the most prestigious scientists in the climate research community in the entire world aren't by any stretch of the imagination.

Nobody who says "we know" based on the junk science at the heart of IPCC and other globalist concerns believes in the scientific method at all. So you take 'em on faith and just call it science. We take our religion on faith and call it faith, but really, we're both faithful, you and I. You just see faith as anti-science and your anti-religion brain can't square the internal conflict, so you lash out at the faithful of a religion different than yours. It's typical and predictable of global warmers everywhere.

Way to ignore the "soft tissue" finding by a scientist who got fired because it might tend to support the Biblical view of the world though. Another sign that your faith is simply in conflict with ours, not that you aren't similarly faithful.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

That's what I figured. You won't talk "science" with anyone capable of debating it with you. That pigeon represents you and your faith in global warming junk science every bit as much as it represents adherents of any traditional faith.

I've always had a feeling that you were a phony. Thanks for confirming it. Al Gore still appreciates your support though.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

8. Lots of religious people deny global warming and cite ludicrous pseudo-scientific factoids and analyses to "disprove" the overwhelmingly alarming scientifically-based conclusions of scientists, military planners, and the science staffs of huge corporations worldwide. But their real objection to global warming evidence is that accepting it means that humans can and should fight it--and human meddling with "God's plan" for the planet is unpalatable to them. For extremists, meddling with that plan means delaying the "end of days" and collateral things like "rapture."

9. [QUOTE...global warming junk science...[/QUOTE]

You'll have fun with the global warming videoclip I posted in "off topics" if you watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Lots of religious people deny global warming and cite ludicrous pseudo-scientific factoids and analyses to "disprove" the overwhelmingly alarming scientifically-based conclusions of scientists, military planners, and the science staffs of huge corporations worldwide. But their real objection to global warming evidence is that accepting it means that humans can and should fight it--and human meddling with "God's plan" for the planet is unpalatable to them. For extremists, meddling with that plan means delaying the "end times" and baloney like "rapture."
    An absolutely baseless accusation where I'm concerned, nosreme. I was actually on the bandwagon back in the 70's when the "New Ice Age" was coming. While I was never hostile to people of faith at any time in my life, I was at least agnostic, if not full-on atheist for most of it. I am a fairly recent convert of only about five years, but my interest in climate science goes back to at least my mid-adolescence. I joined the Army at 17 and the couple of buddies that I still stay in touch with would confirm that I spewed the same "sky is falling" crap about the coming ice age as Al Gore has spewed about global warming for the last 25 years, up till today, and likely till the day he dies an old man fully 40 to 60 years after he stated "we" only have 10 years left. My education has come fully voluntary, fully open to the science being reliable, and fully engaged for the last 20 years of being online with learning all I can about it. And none of it had anything to do with the faith in God I now possess.

"Consensus" is not science. That a lot of well-known scientists promote findings that earn them billions in grants, facilities, travel and prestige is irrelevant to the underlying state of the science. More and more secular scientists every year break away from the globalist cult of global warming. If you want substantiation for that statement, I've got tons of it, but if all you want to do is continue to use this thread as a place to insult and waste space, go pound sand.

In any case, as of now, your name can be added to XD's as a phony who has faith in junk science coming here like a freakin' musloid claiming superiority for your faith over ours.

Blues

Sorry to interrupt but didn't science also state the World was flat. If science is so absolute, as some claim, how come they cannot accurately predict weather? The Hurricane thing comes to mind.
    As posted on another thread, please take the time to read: Shock U.S. Senate Report: Left-Wing 'Billionaire's Club' Using Environmentalism to Control the US Economy and Subvert Democracy
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)