America is a Christian Nation - Page 87
Page 87 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sorry to interrupt but didn't science also state the World was flat. If science is so absolute, as some claim, how come they cannot accurately predict weather? The Hurricane thing comes to mind.
    As posted on another thread, please take the time to read: Shock U.S. Senate Report: Left-Wing 'Billionaire's Club' Using Environmentalism to Control the US Economy and Subvert Democracy
    And you left out the "Big One" of all scientific lies, Global Warming!

Or Global Ice age as was professed in the 70's.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sorry to interrupt but didn't science also state the World was flat.
    Oddly enough when science postulated a flat Earth the Bible very clearly stated in Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

When science postulated that the Earth sat on the back of a giant beast the Bible said in Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over empty space;
    He hangs the earth on nothing.
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Lots of religious people deny global warming and cite ludicrous pseudo-scientific factoids and analyses to "disprove" the overwhelmingly alarming scientifically-based conclusions of scientists, military planners, and the science staffs of huge corporations worldwide. But their real objection to global warming evidence is that accepting it means that humans can and should fight it--and human meddling with "God's plan" for the planet is unpalatable to them. For extremists, meddling with that plan means delaying the "end of days" and collateral things like "rapture."
    If you want the extreme right version, "global warming" is part of the UN's Agenda 21 plan for a one-world/anti-human/mother earth utopia. The "facts" that are undisputed by the UN's weather "experts" are widely refuted by scientists that receive no government funding. CO2 is actually plant food and has nothing to do with the "warming" (which halted 2 decades ago) that is the scare tactic of the left. The primary argument that cannot be proven in even the basest form is that any temperature change is man made. You will never hear any of them discuss elevated sun activity (which is documented) as a contributing factor to anything.
    -
    If anything "man-made" is responsible for anything weather related, it is humans and the livestock needed to sustain them. The global warming graph which they usually show (about 200 yrs worth and supposedly connected with industrialization) is directly proportional to the increase in global population. Stand in an air conditioned room, then invite in 100 people and see what happens to the temperature. If you want to fix any man-made problem, it starts with genocide - which Obama is supporting in the middle east.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    That's what I figured. You won't talk "science" with anyone capable of debating it with you. That pigeon represents you and your faith in global warming junk science every bit as much as it represents adherents of any traditional faith.

I've always had a feeling that you were a phony. Thanks for confirming it. Al Gore still appreciates your support though.

Blues
    The true theists, when you don't have squat to support your bull ****, your change the subject and resort to name calling. Did you crap on the chess board also?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer
    ...global warming junk science...
    You'll have fun with the global warming videoclip I posted in "off topics" if you watch it.
    Sure, because everyone knows that the best place to find good, solid information on complicated scientific controversies is at a John Podesta-run, George Soros-funded far-left, openly globalist website known as "ThinkProgress.com."

Nice try, but I don't (knowingly) give hits (read: advertising revenue) to websites that I oppose with every fiber of my being, or websites which I know oppose everything I believe in. I can just barely get through your leftist drivel without hurling. I sure as heck ain't gonna be responsible for contributing to Podesta et al getting paid to force-feed it down my throat.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The true theists, when you don't have squat to support your bull ****, your change the subject and resort to name calling. Did you crap on the chess board also?
    XD, we can't possibly think that everything can be proven. Just because mankind hasn't figured-out absolution for such topics doesn't mean anything. Mankind is fallible. Perhaps evolution is the method by which God created man. Who would be so bold a to say he knows, without exception, the mind of our creator.
    Do you love your kids? Prove it. You can prove you took care of them, raised them, protected them, fed them, clothed them, etc. All things the law requires you do. But you can never prove what was in your heart. People often try to say that science has proven certain rain changes occur as a result of love. However those same changes occur in a pedophile or rapist. it isn't love. Can anyone provide me the mathematical equation that proves love? If not I conclude it doesn't exist.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Perhaps evolution is the method by which God created man. Who would be so bold a to say he knows, without exception, the mind of our creator.
    I can tell you without exception that I know the mind of the Creator on that

Quote Originally Posted by Genisis 1:26/27 NKJV
    26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genisis 2:7 KJV
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    The Bible states the man was formed in the likeness and image of God, an evolutionary man would indicate an evolutionary God which creates an immediate contradiction with the Bible “ I am God I do not change” .
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    XD, we can't possibly think that everything can be proven. Just because mankind hasn't figured-out absolution for such topics doesn't mean anything. Mankind is fallible. Perhaps evolution is the method by which God created man. Who would be so bold a to say he knows, without exception, the mind of our creator.
    No of course not, there are vast gaps in man's knowledge, even though we are discovering and learning new facts about our universe all the time.

However filling the 'gaps' in knowledge with god magic is just stupid. Remember that gods were invented by man when the sun was carried across the sky on a chariot and there was virtually no understanding of disease and germs. Yet, you or one of your kids get sick and you rush off to a man of science for a cure.

Attachment 12201
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Why stupid? How could anyone be so sure to say anything is stupid. If I've learned anything in this life it's that I really know nothing at all. Nothing short of the fallible mortal mind of a man anyway.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS